Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emissions?? how the hell do i pass em???

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emissions?? how the hell do i pass em???

if you've read my other post then you know the engine a bit... B16A jun ultralight fly wheel, balanced, bluprinted, titanium springs, retainers, ferrea valves, itr pistons, stock jdm cams non itr or ctr. jg header, random technologies cat, tannabe exhaust.. there's more but i think this should be enough. Any how... i can't seem to pass emmisions, the car was fully tuned has better than 0 leak down and the compression is good. so what's the deal??? how do you guys pass??? i know you're thinkin that livin in idaho there can't be emission laws here.. well the guy that just took over the program is from cali and wants to make here just like there... so am i screwed???
Old 05-21-2001, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Emissions?? how the hell do i pass em??? (advanracing62)

Do you have a breather filter on your valve cover? If you do, replace it with the tube that runs back to your intake. Also retard the timing as far as it will go. It'll run like **** on the way there, but it'll pass. It also depends on what part you failed. In WA state, there are 3 things they test for. Can't remember what exactly they were, but after failing 2x here, I did the above and passed. Oh and make sure the car is nice and warm. Drive on the freeway for about 10 minutes to warm it up.

Good luck,
James

[Modified by itrhybrid, 12:28 PM 5/21/2001]
Old 05-21-2001, 05:57 PM
New User

Default Re: Emissions?? how the hell do i pass em??? (itrhybrid)

I have had the same problem for tha last 8 MONTHS! California Air Research Board can LICK IT! I tried my hardest to put most of the things back to stock, and retarding the timing, replacing the breather with the rubber tube, and a bunch of other crap, it is just shitty. You can find people to do it illegally if you pay them, but that is bad
Old 05-22-2001, 08:05 AM
New User

Default Re: Emissions?? how the hell do i pass em??? (blueG2)

i recomend putting cams back to stock along with the i/h/e, retard the timing, and run as lean as you can. if you can ,when putting on your stock exhaust have the guy put on another cat for ya.
Old 05-22-2001, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Emissions?? how the hell do i pass em??? (advanracing62)

are you just doing a regular smog test or are you taking it to the state ref? if it's just a regular smog test then pay someone to pass you, that could be the only way, if its to the state ref then good luck, cause don't you have to pass a visual test too?
Old 05-22-2001, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Emissions?? how the hell do i pass em??? (DreamSpeed)

yeah we have a visual here as well as the regular smog test. They are giong around right now with undercover cars and trying to bust the guys that take the cash to pass so i don't know how long it will be around. i'm almost thinking about registering my car in a different state that doesn't have smog just to get out of doing it... but again i don't think that i can make that last too long either... might just have to bite the bullet and get a daily