Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

emissions

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emissions

hi i have a poor man's type r consisted of 98 gsr block with usdm type r pistons, type r head with gsr cams and skunk 2 valvtrain, b16 intake manifold, stock piping with high flow cat and stock intake box. will this setup pass emissions?
Old 10-24-2004, 12:15 PM

Default Re: emissions (davidnguyen)

i did a gsr block with usdm ITR pistons and R valvetrain and R intake man with stock aibox and header and greddy exhaust and stock gsr ecu and it passed taiplpe testing.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:39 PM

Default Re: emissions (smart monkey)

i happen to be an inspector and there are a few things that you must have. two things i know that you need and were not listed is the obdII data link conector(located under the driver side dash) and also an engine swap pass issued by your local DMV smog lab), its basically a slip saying that the engine is set up with every emission device included and in working order, and also to make sure that there are no stolen items on your swap. that can be avoided if you find a really (Honda uneducated) inspector.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: emissions (1990z6hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1990z6hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i happen to be an inspector and there are a few things that you must have. two things i know that you need and were not listed is the obdII data link conector(located under the driver side dash) and also an engine swap pass issued by your local DMV smog lab), its basically a slip saying that the engine is set up with every emission device included and in working order, and also to make sure that there are no stolen items on your swap. that can be avoided if you find a really (Honda uneducated) inspector.</TD></TR></TABLE>
he never said what year his car was, the OBDII DLC may not be an issue.