Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EK bumper question

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 02:31 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK bumper question

does the 99+ bumpers directly bolt and match up on the 96-98 hatch?
does the si lip fit on the oem 96-98 bumper?

if u got pics to post, thanks
Old 01-13-2002, 02:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: EK bumper question (def jux)

the only way that you can put a 99-00 bumper on a 96-98 is by also using the 99-00 fenders, hood, and lights.

the si lip will fit...but it's ghetto. you have to do lots of ghetto stuff to make it look nice. just get an Ek4 lip.
Old 01-13-2002, 05:01 PM
New User

do i have to get new harnesses for the lights and grill?, or will everything bolt up with the oem harnesses and screws [rear bumper also]. also will it line up with the doors?

[Modified by def jux, 2:02 AM 1/14/2002]
Old 01-14-2002, 08:58 AM
New User

everything will bolt on from a 99+ onto a 96-98...headlights, fenders, hood and bumpers w/ no problem. rear bumper should be the same though. no need to rewire for your headlights.

[Modified by EkREV, 6:00 PM 1/14/2002]
Old 01-14-2002, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK bumper question (EkREV)

96-98 OEM lip is the way to go....

$90 from the Honda Parts counter....bolts up no drilling required.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:39 PM
New User

Default Re: EK bumper question (Trey)

trey, i was peepin your car before, that **** is tight. if u lived in nyc i wud buy it from you.
im probably gonna get that lip instead, its gonna be easier and cheaper i guess.

i was thinking the cwest bumper, cuz it resembles the 99 bumper with a twist, but its too much loot to spend for something that will crack in an accident.

what kind of lip is that [jdm sir lip??]? and i can get it from the honda dealer?[honda parts counter???]
Old 01-15-2002, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

USDM Honda Parts Counter.
Old 01-15-2002, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK bumper question (Trey)

Dude,........................ Please DO A SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive alone have posted tons of stuff on this not inculding every other honda-tech member!!! Trust me youll find everything youll need to know!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 03:33 PM
New User

Default Re: EK bumper question (MrPimpon)

i dont mean to be an *** about this but, does it really matter to u that questions about cars reoccur on the board?
afterall, new people join all the time and new people ask the same questions.

are u that annoyed because this precious webboard space is used?

thats what this board is for, - for responses - not as a search engine.

plus, somepeople don't mind giving the same responses to the run of the mill questions.

[Modified by def jux, 12:35 AM 1/16/2002]
Old 01-15-2002, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE]i dont mean to be an *** about this but, does it really matter to u that questions about cars reoccur on the board?
afterall, new people join all the time and new people ask the same questions.

are u that annoyed because this precious webboard space is used?

thats what this board is for, - for responses - not as a search engine.

yes it does bother me as a matter of fact, thats why i said it. Im sure it bothers alot more people out their too, especially the people that have more than 41 posts. But on my behalf i can say it bothers me that everyother day there are questions of the same thing repeated over and over again just because someone doesnt want to do a search. I come on here as many others do to learn NEW things and to teach new things to those that want to learn. So listen closely and learn something...................use the search button. Plus i think you can learn more from a common asked question by actually doing a search cuz theres alot of other similar topics that might pertain to you question.

Old 01-15-2002, 09:08 PM
New User

what am i supposed to be intimidated that you have more posts than i do?!
big 187 posts!!! woo hoo
c'mon now, seniority on a weboard, jesus christ!

obviously some people didnt mind, and gave me the responses that i needed. and i thanked them for helping.
now if no one was responding and i kept on posting the same thread, then i wud understand why people wud get annoyed, but just cuz im learning and am not such a "HONDA-TECH.COM GURU" like u are, i shud just stick to searching? **** that!

i actually do searches and post to kno more specific things pertaining my needs.
so if u dont like reading repetitive threads, then just move on to the next one, i'm not asking disgruntled people like u to read my post.

[Modified by def jux, 6:10 AM 1/16/2002]
Old 01-16-2002, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What a moron. Never did i say that because i have more post than you it annoyed me. I sayed OTHER people that have more posts, but if you took it like i meant to say that IM better than you oh well go ahead and think that. Look im not going to waste my time arguing with you, so take your panties out of the bunch. All i was saying was that people that come here often, get annoyed by people not taking the time to do a simple search. to something that they just got done talking bout yesterday. And i also tried to help you by teaching you that if you would of done a search, then you probably would of gotten alot more responses to your question.

what am i supposed to be intimidated that you have more posts than i do?!
big 187 posts!!! woo hoo
c'mon now, seniority on a weboard, jesus christ!

, i shud just stick to searching? **** that!

then just move on to the next one, i'm not asking disgruntled people like u to read my post.

[Modified by def jux, 6:10 AM 1/16/2002]
whos disgruntled???
Old 01-16-2002, 08:02 AM

you people complain too much over nothing. get over it.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:16 AM
New User

Default Re: EK bumper question (fowler yo!)

people do argue over nothing, its sad.
thats why we're human, but pimpon, keep ur opinions to urself.
if u dont wanna help and need to ridicule, just dont say anything.
let me figure it out formyself. i dont need ur " " icons to let me kno.
its the internet for christ's sake, and online beef is retarded.

plus i got my help way before u put up ur post about the search and i found something i cud use instead of the bumpers. i put in a search before and nothing that i was looking for came up, but when i put up the thread it did.
so there was a reason for the thread that was purposeful for me and apparantly annoying for u. - oh wellll....

let the thread be and step off next time u see my name up.

[Modified by def jux, 5:27 PM 1/16/2002]
Old 01-16-2002, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For sure the lip is simple and clean.I'd reccomend that. the cwest shizzy especially on rough streets.Its nice and all..but its a crack waiting to happen.Taxi's on side streets that cant park-old ladies in caprices-bottoming out..and etc.And wasup with this dude being a fluffnut and bustin your ***** for "not doing a search".Thats bull.Simple questions get simple answers.Its easy as that..if you dont want to offer any good help to a simple post..THAN IGNORE IT.It's all good though.Hey Def Jux...do they put on alot of shows in your area.I seen Aesop,Lif,El-p and atmospere here twice last year.Than CanOx a couple times also..but they cant perform for .Im down to drive east to attend one of their shows down there.Aight..PEACE

Mikey
Old 01-16-2002, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default lol...

newbyism....
Here's a prime example of it.... he he he
Old 01-16-2002, 11:52 AM
New User

Default Re: EK bumper question (CivicMikey)

yeah thanks for the support.
the lip seems to be the way to go, i can't stand the unforgiving streets of nyc.
the bumper is too much loot to throw down and to paint, but its retarded that a lip costs as much as a whole bumper!!!

i seen the whole def jux crew last summer, and i was supposed to go see them again when they did their last tour, but my bitch *** friends copped out the last minute so i didnt wanna roll solo in LES.

im pretty sure u guys get as much shows in chicago as we do here.
but i guess we wud get maybe more shows that aren't tour related - for the home crowd.
Old 01-16-2002, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man that fool yo, it was a simple question. if he didnt like it he didnt have to respond.
peeps always gotta act like little girls on these ing boards. it wasnt like he asked about ing
rota's or spoons, give him a ing break. there's peeps on this board that have a million post and still dont have
anything good to offer... and that label rocks the spot, my boy j-bird did a tour with them cats last summer. he is
the manager for atmosphere, and he's about the only one that puts on the good shows out here in the chi area...
i got a few other boys that throw good shows but not as much as j-bird...

these message board schmucks, post whatever you want bro... for all i care post this same topic again, what the is he
going to do about it sit there and keep crying? in fluffnuts
Old 01-16-2002, 06:11 PM
New User

Default Re: EK bumper question (GONG SHOW)

word, i definately liked atmosphere much more after i went to his show.
he is so much better live than on record. - not to say his recorded aint dope.

Old 01-16-2002, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Gong Show is deltronZ's long lost twin brother.He gets all the chicks cuz they think hes the voice behind Gorillaz.But the funky homosapien,a bunch of sponsers,friends,more friends,and myself are throwing an event of a very different kind here in chicago this summer.For more details IM me or email me @ CivicMikey@aol.com
Thanks..

Mikey
Old 01-17-2002, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK bumper question (CivicMikey)

hahaha, civicmikey... he didnt tell you that everyone thinks his kenny tran running in the all-motor class..

he gets all the jdm dickriders up on his ********, we cant even talk hiphop at the track cause all these dickriders got him surrounded trying to give him there girls just for info on the junII or skunk2 head pack and a autograph. walkin the mall its like hey, arent you that fast guy that works at that one shop?(hahaha)...
and about sluggo, i've seen him so many times that i could be his hype man and get extra chicks to go in my stable(hahaha), but he gots the stage show for that ***, or should i say for the ladies ***(hahaha)... we use to talk alot when we would perform at shows together, but now he's this shy acting kid. thats so he can get all the ladies(hahaha).
and yeah, if i was you on the bumper tip, i would just get the chin spoiler that trey has on his ride, my buddy chopped up his bumper to fit an si bumper on it, looks ok until you really stare ait, then you can see the flaws. i think big sheng chao has that on his site, http://www.jdmhondaparts.com