Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU not getting power

Old 04-18-2018, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default ECU not getting power

Okay, so B18C1 engine in a 96 civic EK hatch, just randomly wouldnt start one day when it was raining. i checked the distributer cap and wires and there was no moisture. i noticed that the fuel pump wasnt priming so i took the relay and pump out of my 97 EK hatch with a D16 and i hear the relay click (the original also clicked but i figured id try it) and i swapped pumps and nothing happened same issue. I tried plugging in my HONDATA and i got no connection. I believe the ECU just isnt getting power. I plugged in another computer and put ignition on and still didnt hear the pump prime so im assuming the ECU just wont get power at all. Im at a loss here i my engine head and transmission grounds and they seemed fine. I did have an issue with the O2 sensor after trying to swap exhaust and it hung on the sensor for a minute and since then my air fuel gauge wouldnt work but i havent gotten a check engine light. but the car ran for a couple days after that. I want to make sure my ECU is getting power next though i believe thats my main issue