Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU compatibility

I know that the P75 Teg LS ECU is the ECU of choice when swapping in the B20(NOTE: I'm not going VTEC). But here in Europe there is a 2.0l non-VTEC Prelude that I don't think was available in the US so would the ECU from this perform better for me than the LS ECU?
What exactly does the ECU control apart from fuel mapping(is all timing handled by dist.?) and how can I know which ECU is best without dyno tuning to test them?
TIA, G
Old 08-02-2002, 03:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ECU compatibility (TheMasterG)

*bump* noone knows?
Old 08-02-2002, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ECU compatibility (TheMasterG)

first match the harness and electronics to the ecu, meaning;
if the car uses OBDI plugs, and motor will be running obdI motor/harness combo then the ecu will need to be OBDI.

next thing to do is to find out about ecu, even though the ecu might sound like a better and well match, extra sensor might be needed and CEL code will pop and make the ecu feel like total crap.

from expirence integra and civic ECU came with most aggressive mapping. even if the ecu is meant for 1.5 or 1.6l it will run a 2.0 block without any problems.
Old 08-02-2002, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ECU compatibility (eg6ajk)

one guy on this board said he tried a 90-91 prelude 2.0 ecu on his b20b and he said it ran terrible.