Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which dump valve?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which dump valve?

I'm looking for a 2.5inch dump valve. Right now I am looking at the quicktimeperformance one, I like this one because it is electronic and is a 2.5 and I have heard good things about them. The only thing is $185 seems like a lot for a dump valve. I was just wondering what other options in a electronic dump valve I have out there? and how have you liked it so for, good quality etc... thanks for the info
Old 07-16-2003, 08:26 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Which dump valve? (jdmcivicferio)

Shitty-*** weld job, but still effective (covered up nicely with black hi-temp paint). Not an electonic dump control valve, but still very effective and cheap.... only $25 from Summit Racing. This one was a 2.5" inlet/outlet "Y" dump with wingnuts for the plate. Sure, it wasn't fun jacking the car up at the track to open it up and run open header, but at the time it was either the $25 manual dump or the $60 "cable-actuated" controlled dump setup, but from what I heard from V8 friends with 1st hand experience on them is that they broke easily all the time. If you really want to have the control of openning up your exhaust at anytime (no real need to unless you want to show off or are too lazy at the track to remove a plate), then I'd save the $300+ on one of those and get a manual one if you just plan to use it for racing purposes only.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Which dump valve? (Newman)

thanks for the info newman, I was thinking of going that route as well. The only reason I want to go the electronic route is I can open it when ever with having to go under the car. (which is kinda difficult). Ya I heard a lot of problems with the mr gasket "manual pull" dumps with the v8's as well, same with some other companies mainly a lot of problems with the cables stretching or the size was not big enough 2.5 or 3inch was not offered.