Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cry for help....

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cry for help....

well today i decied to start swapping my ZC from my dead civic to my new found CRX. well i have encountered a few problems and need advice.
As we took the axles from the tranny, we noticed 2 things
1. there is a noise coming from the axles...it's a clicking noise as you spinn the axle. this happedn when spinning both axles, but hard to pinpint. What is this? is it supposed to make this noise? it sounds like putting an old baseball card in between bike spokes as a kid to get that sound.
2. the driver side is in there bad and won't come out. and in the process the axle boot seperates from the spline side. Also the spline will not seperate from the intermediate shaft. it's jammed in there i think. we tried prying it out and it won't come.
As from what i can rember from the accident (isn't much) the car was in 5th when i hit the wall, and after the second hit it was still running. after i stopped and regained consiousness i remeberd turnin off the car.
any tips to what to do? is my tranny fawked? is this why i'm gettign the clicking sound?
as for the setup, it's a 90 ZC with a ZC tranny and intermediate shaft, 90-93 teg axles. please help i am really stumped, this is my 1st swap. and i spent the most of it prying my ZC from my dead civic.