Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad QSD batch or ME

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad QSD batch or ME

hello guys a few things i wanted to know from the h2bers out there..
i was installing my qsd h2b kit, when i notice the lower starter bolts doesnt line up at all, every thing else works great, even the top hole works good, aslo another note, why would it have a nut at the end,..pic below..
also i was trying to call the guys at PED Dynos where i bought the kit, (i got a msg that stated, " this number has been change or disconnected) anyone knows wassup with that.. there a couple other things i dont know what or where they go..

stater nut and bolt, why the nut?

i cant think of where this is to go or whats it for?

and this?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bad QSD batch or ME

You have to place the starter bolt a special way when you put on the transmission.. Did you follow instructions? it should have came with instructions that specifically tells you how to install that start bolt.. The silver QSD thingy is a mount that holds your clutch slave cylinder. Your going to need to open up your clutch slave cylinder hole by drilling the 2 holes bigger for that QSD mount to work.

Basically you need to read and study the instructions that came with the kit in order to install it correctly. I suggest you read it

Last edited by raidacaipo; 07-10-2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: corrected
Old 07-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raidacaipo
You have to place the starter bolt a special way when you put on the transmission.. Did you follow instructions? it should have came with instructions that specifically tells you how to install that start bolt.. The silver QSD thingy is a mount that holds your clutch master cylinder. Your going to need to open up your clutch master cylinder hole by drilling the 2 holes bigger for that QSD mount to work.

Basically you need to read and study the instructions that came with the kit in order to install it correctly. I suggest you read it
guessing you don't have instructions as kit looks used. If you put the tranny on, take it off.
the head of the bolt sits in a recess on the plate and stick "outwards". the black piece on the bottom is a reinforcement for the pass. side motor bracket. It bolts to the bracket and between the cam gears to prevent vibration which can cause the mount to break.

as I typed I seem to recall instructions being on the website.......if thats the case Im pissed at myself for replying :p
Old 07-10-2009, 05:58 AM

hey man no need to be mad at your self bro lol, but if it is the website ill be pissed at me even more i should have checked closer.. and no kit wasnt used, and yes, it did not come with any instruction whatsoever... so i was basically winging it...not good... also raidacaipo i recall you stated you live in the same area as the PED GUYS, right, do you know whats going on with the number be changed or disconnected... i appreciate the help guys... thanks
Old 07-10-2009, 06:55 AM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the instructions are on the website as I purchased my kit used and I had to just figure **** out based on what I could gather from the H2B build threads, yeeee. That, and QSD sucks ***** for answering calls/questions.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Everything there has a purpose. No 'bad' batch. If you did not receive an instruction guide simply email us and we'll send you one.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdmteg11sec
stater nut and bolt, why the nut?

Don't worry... you are not the first nor the last to miss this.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:20 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by raidacaipo
You have to place the starter bolt a special way when you put on the transmission.. Did you follow instructions? it should have came with instructions that specifically tells you how to install that start bolt.. The silver QSD thingy is a mount that holds your clutch master cylinder. Your going to need to open up your clutch master cylinder hole by drilling the 2 holes bigger for that QSD mount to work.

^^^^^^^ above all wrong The silver QSD thingy is a mount that holds your slave cylinder not the clutch master cylinder
Old 07-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Anton LaVey
^^^^^^^ above all wrong The silver QSD thingy is a mount that holds your slave cylinder not the clutch master cylinder
ooops.. lol havent been on ht for a while so yeah its the "slave cylinder" not the master clyinder :p
Old 07-10-2009, 04:58 PM

LOL, thanks for all your help guys, QSD KIT fits great!!! no BAD BATCH just me lol, i was just suspicious when i couldnt get a hold of PED, Derek was great guy to buy from, i still want to know wassup with their phones, being changed? had to removed tranny and install bolts correct way as instructed,... thanks again boys...
Old 07-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdmteg11sec
LOL, thanks for all your help guys, QSD KIT fits great!!! no BAD BATCH just me lol, i was just suspicious when i couldnt get a hold of PED, Derek was great guy to buy from, i still want to know wassup with their phones, being changed? had to removed tranny and install bolts correct way as instructed,... thanks again boys...
I know Derrick has been busier than a fly on sh*t... there just isn't enough hours in a day.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:36 PM

cool, thanks for the help again
Old 07-18-2009, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by H22EKHATCH
guessing you don't have instructions as kit looks used. If you put the tranny on, take it off.
the head of the bolt sits in a recess on the plate and stick "outwards". the black piece on the bottom is a reinforcement for the pass. side motor bracket. It bolts to the bracket and between the cam gears to prevent vibration which can cause the mount to break.

as I typed I seem to recall instructions being on the website.......if thats the case Im pissed at myself for replying :p
i couldnt figure out what the black thing is for neither. can some 1 show me a pic.but other than that ive had no problems with the kit. i love this kit.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:32 PM

hey man just put my timming cover back on today or i would be able to show you where it goes, but maybe the reason your getting thrown off from h22ekhatch explanation,
is that he said " the black piece on the bottom is a reinforcement for the PASS. side motor bracket. ."
change the word"pass" to driver side and wallaah
look between your cam gears, slide it in position and it will line up with QSD driver side bracket...
Old 07-18-2009, 11:56 PM

off subject a bit, but i just i finish my swap today, and i was able to close my hood with no problem, just worried about the forward motion of engine, iam also running a jdm conversion.. on my teg, any guys out there with good pointers, to space or no space??