Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b18a crx problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18a crx problems

just bought a 1990 si with a b18a swap
it was done with place racing solid mounts and the car is lowered on sprint springs and it has an s1 tranny.

the tranny has been drug so much that half the surrounding metal on the forward housing bolt is ground off and the bolt is gone.

the oil pan is so scraped up and dented the sump is tore up some and the drain bolt threads were warped
and the dc headers are crushed in more than half way in the down pipe area.
I haven't bottomed out the car since i bought it but wanted to know if everyone has this bad of problems with their b18 ef swap?
i know raising the car will more than likely cure this but is this just from the position of the motor with these mounts? would hasports raise the motor?

The right radius rod has also rubbed a groove in the end of the transmission. I found the tranny motor mount slot on the car has been rewelded very shitty and is probably not even holding since i can move it some by hand. Hopefully that mount is the cause of the motor hitting the radius rod. Anyone have that problem?

any help is appreciated. Hopefully i'll be able to reweld the mount some time this week. didn't find it till i had already drove the car from fort worth to tyndall afb florida, so it should make another week.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:15 AM

Default Re: b18a crx problems (a1cchad)

i meen different mounts will put your engine in different locations, but the way your saying it sounds like your car is dropped way to much. i would definetely put some different springs/coilovers in her
Old 01-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18a crx problems (crx2fast)

raise it up
Old 01-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: b18a crx problems (a1cchad)

Also, get Hasport mounts. You will have less of a problem with scraping with Hasport mounts than Place Racing mounts. First of all, they actually place the drivetrain about half an inch higher. This is actually more significant than it sounds. And secondly, they position the drivetrain farther back toward the firewall. This helps since the wheels are actually better able to lift the car up (and the drivetrain out of harm's way) to avoid an obstacle such as a speed bump.

I personally went from Place Racing to Hasport mounts in my B18C5 CRX. And it DID make a difference.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: b18a crx problems (StorminMatt)

i think i will get hasport mounts, hopefully someone will want to buy my place mounts. What stiffness did you get. My place mounts transfer a lot of vibration, how much softer are the street hasports?