Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B16a Swap problems (Kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16a Swap problems (Kinda long)

The Car is 1989 Civic Si, 253K miles. It had a good running D16A6 from an 88 CRX Si that i swapped in about 3 years ago b/c the old motors timing belt let loose. I bought a B16a from an Integra XSi w/ LSD and PWO ecu from a trustworthy mechanic near me (Im not sure where he ordered it from). I used Hasport mounts, linkage, axles, and harness. Before a picked it up from him, I had the timing belt, water pump, wires, cap, rotor, plugs, valves adjusted, and clutch replaced. I also replaced the fuel filter and radiator while I was at it. In addition I moved he battery to the back using a Steel Summit relocation box w/ and Optima battery and ran 0 guage welding wire up to a distribution block w/ `1 line to the starter and 1 line to the fuse box. I started the swap last November and procrastinated and Im finally trying to finish it. When putting the engine in, I had a hell of a time with the rear mount, so I decided to pull the intake manifold. I figured since I had the IM out, might as well replace it w/ a AEBS manifold and Hondata intake gasket. Also I didnt want to screw around with Meineke so I bought a Hasport header and got a 99-00 Si AEM CAI from Summit. I pretty much got everything together now but it wont start. Im unsure of some vacuum lines, but I think I finally got everything else right. I checked all the grounds and they seem good. I initially thought my ecu was bad so I got another ecu (It wasnt the ecu, it was a missing ground). My cel comes on for 2 sec when I turn the key to on, I hear the fuel pump come on, it cranks fine, but it wont start. I pulled the return off the fuel rail and I have gas there and I pulled a plug and it has spark. When I pulled the plug, it didnt smell like gas but Im getting injector pulse voltage at the plug. I tried some other troubleshooting stuff to no avail, can onyone think of anything Im missing that may be causing the car not to start. Thanks