Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Else have a problem with RY Wire Conversion Harness

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Else have a problem with RY Wire Conversion Harness

Just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the RY Wire Distributor conversion harnesses I am converting over to OBD1 and already found the one cross that I thought was the problem in the connector which gave me spark when fixed, but sadly that was not the issue. I was wondering if anyone else was running this combo Rywire distributor harness and Locash ECU conversion harness. I search around but never found the answer. When I convert everything back to 0BD0 the car runs, I have tried different distributors with no luck, so I know it is one of the harnesses just not sure which one.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Anyone Else have a problem with RY Wire Conversion Harness (Cprace1)

If you can get your hands on a shop manual, check each and every pin from the distributor plug to the ECU. They are almost certainly wired incorrectly. They do it that way intentionally so that you can't use a competitor's ECU conversion harness.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone Else have a problem with RY Wire Conversion Harness (Cprace1)

sounds good hopefully we will tune tonight and get some numbers posted up
Old 11-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can help you out with this.. Was your car originally an si model? Is the obd1 distributor you are using an OEM or aftermarket unit?

Old 11-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cprace1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the RY Wire Distributor conversion harnesses I am converting over to OBD1 and already found the one cross that I thought was the problem in the connector which gave me spark when fixed, but sadly that was not the issue. I was wondering if anyone else was running this combo Rywire distributor harness and Locash ECU conversion harness. I search around but never found the answer. When I convert everything back to 0BD0 the car runs, I have tried different distributors with no luck, so I know it is one of the harnesses just not sure which one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The ecu harness is not the problem and the distributor jumper is not the problem. The problem is that you did not read the instructions on Locash's website. It states that they are not compatible. Rywire harnesses are wired so that you can match color for color on the distributor. Locash harnesses are wired function for function. You can either switch the wires of buy the distributor jumper from Rywire.com
Old 11-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone Else have a problem with RY Wire Conversion Harness (Andy M)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andy M &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you can get your hands on a shop manual, check each and every pin from the distributor plug to the ECU. They are almost certainly wired incorrectly. They do it that way intentionally so that you can't use a competitor's ECU conversion harness. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No they do not. The Rywire ecu harness is setup so that when you wire up the distributor, you can wire it color for color. The locash ecu harness is setup so that you can follow the pinouts and wire it function for function. This is how they have been wired for a long time. Long before the distributor jumper came out.