Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 Integra: OBD2A full electrical conversion idea?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Integra: OBD2A full electrical conversion idea?

First, I have a 91 Integra. I have a 96 OBD2A Integra. The 96 model is totaled, wiped out, ruined forever. The goal is a cleaner OBD1 conversion. The OBD2 interior harness should give me this since I will only need a single jumper harness. The OBD0 deal requires an OBD1 distributor, much messier jumper harness, distributor plug adapter, other stuff. I do not have an engine or engine harness in the 96 Integra. I need a motor for the 91 Integra, and therefore, this will be easier since I just get an OBD2a engine harness, I guess.

The only thing I may have trouble with is the speedometer stuff and how it will interface the 91 speedo cable cluster. Next, the ABS junk. Will these items pose to be problems? I'm guessing yes.

P.S.- Hey, if I wanted to throw in an ODB2 ecu, I could check codes with a scan tool via the data link connector. lol, but i'm trying to figure out how to get around having to have the data link connector and 96 model instrument cluster installed in the 91 Integra.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 91 Integra: OBD2A full electrical conversion idea?

ok first off it looks like you are going to be having a lot of fun cuting and fabing and wiering. to awnser the first thing the speedo cable is only going to work with an obdo cluster such as an 1st and second gen integras all civics and crxs pre 92. so as far as getting to the rest of the cluster you can just convert it not to bad just do all of your home work first. it will work now i know this because i have a 91 da that i have put a 96 full dash swap in and i changed the speedo ... now on the other hand you could change the cluster out to the 96 integra cluster by the way it not much diffrent from the civic wiring there for you would have it done and all you would need to do is fab up a cover plate to hide the spots that the cluster dosent fill. alto you will need a evss (electronic vehical speed sen) cause the one you have is cable then the plug witch is ground swithed and signal to speedo. now as far as a cleaner obd1 conversion if the car is obdo and then you are going obd2 needless to say you can acualy doo som reasherch doo a really clean wire tuck and there you go i personaly dont like obd2 cause you cant tune an obd2 ecu right now the only nice thing bout it is that the wires go throught the firewall . your choice as for the abs hell just delet it and do a brake line tuck you will have to run new lines anyways cause of the abs unit not beaing there so goahead and kill two birds with one stone ya know now please keep in mind that im not telling you how to do your car im just letting you know your opions but let me know something and i can help you out in anyway i can i will send you two posts that might make it easer to get the picture

this one is mine with the civic conversion

https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/96-98-civic-dash-90-93-integra-conversion-2698019/

this is one of a guy doing an wire and brake line tuck

https://honda-tech.com/forums/appearance-build-threads-122/my-g3-integra-wire-tuck-engine-bay-shaving-2021718/