Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Thinking of getting a S2000

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of getting a S2000

Hey fellow S2000 owners. I currently have a RSX base model, and it just doesnt do it for me. I've installed suspension, and did a lot of work to the motor. The car isnt wat i expected it to be. I am thinking about getting a S2000 and selling the car to my friend. From what i've heard, the S2000 is a very well balanced car. Good handling, with decent power. Also a good front to rear balance. Is this a smart move? Should i stick with my RSX. I was at the dealer earlier today and i can get one for 29,500 out the door. It was a 2005 model. Test drove it and it felt nice. Is that a good price for the car? If not, what price range should i be looking at? They wanted 40,190 for the car, but i talked them down, and they just wanna get rid of it. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thinking of getting a S2000 (xsrbase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xsrbase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey fellow S2000 owners. I currently have a RSX base model, and it just doesnt do it for me. I've installed suspension, and did a lot of work to the motor. The car isnt wat i expected it to be. I am thinking about getting a S2000 and selling the car to my friend. From what i've heard, the S2000 is a very well balanced car. Good handling, with decent power. Also a good front to rear balance. Is this a smart move? Should i stick with my RSX. I was at the dealer earlier today and i can get one for 29,500 out the door. It was a 2005 model. Test drove it and it felt nice. Is that a good price for the car? If not, what price range should i be looking at? They wanted 40,190 for the car, but i talked them down, and they just wanna get rid of it. Thanks in advance!</TD></TR></TABLE>

fellow s2000 owners? you mean you have one too?

by very well balanced do your mean weight distribution, becuase its near perfect at 49/51. and 40,190?!?! a new one doesnt even cost that much.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:46 PM
AP1
Honda-Tech Member

you are trying to ask if you should keep your base model RSX over an S2000 in a s2k specific forum.

I think you should do more research if you are buying into a 40K + sticker price on an S2000.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (AP1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AP1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you are trying to ask if you should keep your base model RSX over an S2000 in a s2k specific forum.

I think you should do more research if you are buying into a 40K + sticker price on an S2000. </TD></TR></TABLE>

something to do with his location? don't GUAM, PR, HI pay more for anything?
Old 07-05-2006, 05:53 PM
AP1
Honda-Tech Member

Didn't consider that, thank you for the correction. Even still, I feel he hasn't done enough research as to whether or not this car is for him
Old 07-05-2006, 06:44 PM

I too came from an rsx, mine was a Type-S. . I love my S2k only had it for a little over a month but I LOVE IT! I am not as impressed with bolt on mods. . however once you start getting into FI it seems to pay off.

Get an S

Old 07-05-2006, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Thinking of getting a S2000 (THiNK s2k)

No i do not have a S2000. By "fellow" S2000 owners, i meant you people that own S2000's. I test drove one today. I have the money to get it, but was wondering was it worth it. Originally, they were asking $40,190 out the door. I got the price down to $29,500 out the door. And yes i do live in Hawaii. We pay an arm and a leg for everything over here. Sorry, didnt mean to offend anyone by saying fellow S2000 owners. Just wanted some opinions about the car. By overall balance i was refering to every performance aspect. Such as F/R balance. Power to weight ratios. Does the power of the car compliment the suspension of the car? Stock, what were your impressions vs. modded? But you are right, i did not do a lot of in-depth research, but have done a little homework on it. Just wondering if anyone would think i would have any reason not to buy the car. RSX is nice, but its no where near the level of the S2000 from what i've read.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:23 PM
AP1
Honda-Tech Member

wahat about your life situations? Family? Making payments? What are you looking for in this car?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have to say getting the S2K was a great choice i made.

The car is absolute great.
Suspension is Awesome
Power is decent.
Looks great.
Big aftermarket support

When i bought the car, i drove 13 hours back home And I did it just fine.
(showing how comfortable the car can be)

I use my car as a daily driver. It’s slightly modded,
and i plan to continue modded it

When I was deciding what car I wanted. It was between
S2000
WRX (wagon)
IS300
FD RX7
NSX (Older)
BMW M3

Any thing really in the 20K area

I chose the S2000 for a couple reasons.

Newer car
Lower Maintenance prices
Wow Factor
Fun Factor
And all around great car. (suspension/power)

Do you currently still owe for your RSX?
Have you thought about getting a Used S2000?

I paid 16K for mine, it’s a 00, with 35K miles
Old 07-05-2006, 08:48 PM

I have no kids, so thats not a problem for me. RSX paid off, just want to get rid of it. And i just want a fun car to drive. Thanks TomTomTuning, thats along the response i was looking for. I have thought about getting a used one, and if possible i would get one thats stock. And a 03, seeing as they have the stronger trannys, a glass window, and i believe had a minor face lift(not too sure on that). I was just considering a new one for one reason....u know that no one else is just dumping their problems into your hands. But if u know a great deal on one, and are willing to ship to Hawaii...then im all ears
Old 07-06-2006, 07:27 AM
AP1
Honda-Tech Member

I'm selling mine, but I don't think I'd want to ship to Hawaii lol. Unless I got someone to help with it.

It seems with the way things are, this is the perfect car then. For Hawaiian roads, I don't know which car could possibly be better (except maybe a miata) I've come and gone a few times - I wish I had the S there everytime.

Good look on your buy
Old 07-06-2006, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes an s2000 is a good car to buy i jsut bought mine like 3 days ago and im loving it its alot of fun
Old 07-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xsrbase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xsrbase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have no kids, so thats not a problem for me. RSX paid off, just want to get rid of it. And i just want a fun car to drive. Thanks TomTomTuning, thats along the response i was looking for. I have thought about getting a used one, and if possible i would get one thats stock. And a 03, seeing as they have the stronger trannys, a glass window, and i believe had a minor face lift(not too sure on that). I was just considering a new one for one reason....u know that no one else is just dumping their problems into your hands. But if u know a great deal on one, and are willing to ship to Hawaii...then im all ears</TD></TR></TABLE>
The 01+, yes came with a couple differences
Rear Glass
Leather center console
Tweeters on the door
And so on.

I am lucky that my car is in great condition, because i wasn’t a wear of the issues the S2K's have and the difference between years, if i did know, i might of went with a newer one. but i don’t care i love me berlina black 00

good luck
Old 07-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just got my 04 S2000. I came from a RSX Type S.

It was well worth the trade, I never raced or really modified my RSX, other than intake, exhaust, coilovers.

A brand new 05 should be selling for 26-28k OTD. Thats what prices I was quoted when I was shopping around for new/used S2000. I ended up with a 04 Sebring Silver with 28k miles for 22k.

I plan to keep my S2000 stock forever.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:50 AM
...still your worst nightmare squared

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xsrbase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No i do not have a S2000. By "fellow" S2000 owners, i meant you people that own S2000's. I test drove one today. I have the money to get it, but was wondering was it worth it. Originally, they were asking $40,190 out the door. I got the price down to $29,500 out the door. And yes i do live in Hawaii. We pay an arm and a leg for everything over here. Sorry, didnt mean to offend anyone by saying fellow S2000 owners. Just wanted some opinions about the car. By overall balance i was refering to every performance aspect. Such as F/R balance. Power to weight ratios. Does the power of the car compliment the suspension of the car? Stock, what were your impressions vs. modded? But you are right, i did not do a lot of in-depth research, but have done a little homework on it. Just wondering if anyone would think i would have any reason not to buy the car. RSX is nice, but its no where near the level of the S2000 from what i've read.</TD></TR></TABLE>

to get a car down from 40k to 29k you sir...are one hell of a negotiator. expletive Samuel
L. Jackson you should have your own movie.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Thinking of getting a S2000 (JDM knowledge)

i hate this car. its pathetic. it has no torque, the handling is sub par and 240 horsepower? worthless.

the more people i talk out of it the rarer my car is. see how that works?
Old 07-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thinking of getting a S2000 (Moemers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Moemers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i hate this car. its pathetic. it has no torque, the handling is sub par and 240 horsepower? worthless.

the more people i talk out of it the rarer my car is. see how that works?</TD></TR></TABLE>

..hahaha
Old 07-10-2006, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Thinking of getting a S2000 (JDM knowledge)

LOL! Thanks. Well it did take me 2 hours to get the price down. But in the reply posted previous in this forum, is a new 05 really between 26-28k there? Just wondering because now i know how much more livin here in Hawaii sucks. But all in all, i've decided to get the car because there realy is no one in this post that states otherwise. Everyone that replied was very helpful. I'm suppose to be getting it this month. But before i really do get it from here, should i check out the prices in Oahu? Im going there 2 weeks from now, and in oahu, the prices are usually lower also. We'll see, either way, i'll end up with an S and then i'll be whole.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:57 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xsrbase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL! Thanks. Well it did take me 2 hours to get the price down. But in the reply posted previous in this forum, is a new 05 really between 26-28k there? Just wondering because now i know how much more livin here in Hawaii sucks. But all in all, i've decided to get the car because there realy is no one in this post that states otherwise. Everyone that replied was very helpful. I'm suppose to be getting it this month. But before i really do get it from here, should i check out the prices in Oahu? Im going there 2 weeks from now, and in oahu, the prices are usually lower also. We'll see, either way, i'll end up with an S and then i'll be whole.</TD></TR></TABLE>

29k is a fair price for a new 05. My new 06 was 32k...if I was able to find a new 05 in RY I would have gone with that. I want them new and am sure if most people could they would buy new also. The S is amasing fast. The power won't blow you away but the cornerspeeds are sooo extreme...and it gets alot of looks when you're cruising with the top down. I say DO IT!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Thinking of getting a S2000 (dirt_06)

I am getting it in about 16 hours. Im so excited!! I know i wont be disapointed. As far as mods go.....bolt on's i heard are not worth getting for the price. What about suspension? Thats all i am gonna use the car for. IMO turns are way more fun that the straights. Just some thoughts on what my first mods should be.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i came from a turbocharged rsx-s (which was totalled in a hit and run)...the rsx had tein ss coilovers, mugen front and rear strut bars, progress front and rear sways w/ progress rear tie, and 18s w/ KDWs

STOCK, the s2k handles better than my rsx did with all that suspension work

i'd say keep the s2k stock for awhile...i was expecting to want to mod it heavily almost immediately, but it just feels like such a well put together stock vehicle

this is what i have done so far that was worth the money/addition
axialflow short shifter
modifry dash organizer
aftermarket headunit
modifry dci/dj qube dash control
tint (for west coast people)
convex mirrors
and maybe some hood dampers if you plan on working on the engine a bit more

otherwise, keep it stock for awhile...surprisingly, you'll want to
Old 07-11-2006, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Thinking of getting a S2000 (MrBurner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrBurner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i came from a turbocharged rsx-s (which was totalled in a hit and run)...the rsx had tein ss coilovers, mugen front and rear strut bars, progress front and rear sways w/ progress rear tie, and 18s w/ KDWs

STOCK, the s2k handles better than my rsx did with all that suspension work

i'd say keep the s2k stock for awhile...i was expecting to want to mod it heavily almost immediately, but it just feels like such a well put together stock vehicle

this is what i have done so far that was worth the money/addition
axialflow short shifter
modifry dash organizer
aftermarket headunit
modifry dci/dj qube dash control
tint (for west coast people)
convex mirrors
and maybe some hood dampers if you plan on working on the engine a bit more

otherwise, keep it stock for awhile...surprisingly, you'll want to</TD></TR></TABLE>

I knew I reconized your name and avatar from CRSX. Sorry to hear about your RSX.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I myself is also planning to get an ap2 very soon too.. But the only negative thing about the car is holding me back is the value of the car itself!

how come s2ks don't hold their values (if you haven't noticed) then other cars such as 350z, g35, evos etc...

an example - the s2k retails for more than any of those cars above but later down the road the s2k becomes the losing bet.??

03 - G35 still in the 22-25s
03 - s2k in the 19-21??

04 is now around 24,500. And it's barely two years old. I would be getting the first laugh by gettin an 04 for that cheap but then I would be crying when it's 2009 and my car is barely worth 11k
Old 07-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pprreelluuddee)

think as soon as they discontinue them the value will stay high, like the 300zx, supra, rx7, 3000gt,
Old 07-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thinking of getting a S2000 (MrBurner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dream &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just got my 04 S2000. I came from a RSX Type S.

It was well worth the trade, I never raced or really modified my RSX, other than intake, exhaust, coilovers.

A brand new 05 should be selling for 26-28k OTD. Thats what prices I was quoted when I was shopping around for new/used S2000. I ended up with a 04 Sebring Silver with 28k miles for 22k.

I plan to keep my S2000 stock forever.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Wow you got a hell of a deal on your 04. How'd you pull that off? The 00-02s I've been looking at were 18k+ on autotrader. I am also coming from an RSX that got stolen. I think I'll miss my volks the most, but I'm also looking forward to daily driving my s2000.

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting a S2000