Softop/Hardtop ?? - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Softop/Hardtop ??

Old 07-15-2017, 10:02 AM   #1
Trial User

Default Softop/Hardtop ??

hey guys, just registered for this website. So bear with my nooby questions. After 5 years of searching finally found me the perfect ap2. 08' 30K miles. Only bad part is the softop was looking a bit faded and has potential tears coming along. I honestly love both the hardtop and softop look. However money's a bit tight right now so what would be the best suggestion besides patching the softop. Is it cheaper to replace it with a softop or a hardtop ? if so can you guys recommend me a good brand for either or.

PS----> I've seen the OEM hardtops and not really my style. It sort of makes the s2k look like a Miata.
Diaznoe15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Softop/Hardtop ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaznoe15 View Post
hey guys, just registered for this website. So bear with my nooby questions. After 5 years of searching finally found me the perfect ap2. 08' 30K miles. Only bad part is the softop was looking a bit faded and has potential tears coming along. I honestly love both the hardtop and softop look. However money's a bit tight right now so what would be the best suggestion besides patching the softop. Is it cheaper to replace it with a softop or a hardtop ? if so can you guys recommend me a good brand for either or.

PS----> I've seen the OEM hardtops and not really my style. It sort of makes the s2k look like a Miata.
Check out S2KI if you haven't already, it's a dedicated S2000 forum. Still fairly active, and a wealth of information there and a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people.

Hardtops for the S2K, either OEM or aftermarket, cost a pretty penny to get a good one.

This would be my recommendation for you: ROBBINS AUTO TOP COMPANY | CONVERTIBLE TOPS

Robbins is a reputable aftermarket manufacture for replacement soft tops for the S2000 and other vehicles. They're a solid company with a lot of good reviews and backing, I've never heard anything bad or negative about them. I'd highly recommend giving them a call or ordering from them (their prices are also pretty hard to beat). They've been vouched for on S2KI many times, you can search their forums for pictures and reviews of their tops.

If you have any other questions, like I said I'd recommend checking out S2KI.
Chance EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:48 PM   #3
Honda-Tech Member

hardtops IMO, I have one from forbidden and it was about 1200 shipped to me. VERY good quality, color matched, and they can even wrap the whole thing in CF or just the sides if you like. take a look at them
agent93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:15 PM   #4
Honda-Tech Member

Hardtop
Si_Peter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:48 AM   #5
Honda-Tech Member

Hardtop turns the S2000 into just another coupe. Zillions of those around. Get a BRZ is that's all you want.

-- Chuck
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote