Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

s2k modding

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s2k modding

I've recently been consider bout trading in my 07 civic for a low miles s2k but was wondering how much more is it in price to mod an s2k compared with civics I know it will probably be more but i dont wanna get stuck with not bein able to buy stuff and drag on a project by the way the s2k wouldn't be a dd as well but my plan would be at least turbo 'd and have the suspension done within 2yrs. Thanks guys. Any imput will help.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: s2k modding (94jdmeg)

just go to a random web page and compare prices for similar products ....

Neat we joined 6 days from each other... yeah I noticed weird things
Old 07-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When you get the S2000 whats the DD?
Old 07-23-2008, 01:18 PM

Default Re: s2k modding (A_P_1)

I'd keep your Si and build, since you already have it.

More debt ftl.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow the guys on this forum are kinda jerks. A straight answer requires less effort than bashing people and pointing out the search button, you guys are too lazy to punch a couple keys to help people out. The s2000 will be a lot more money to mod. Plan on keeping it stock for a while b/c the only mods worth while are a lot more than a civic. You shouldn't base the decision on mods though, your comparing two different vehicles. One is a commuter car with a decent engine and front wheel drive. The other is a raw sports car designed with racing in mind from the get go and we all know rwd>fwd.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:53 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: s2k modding (Splatter85)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Splatter85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow the guys on this forum are kinda jerks. A straight answer requires less effort than bashing people and pointing out the search button, you guys are too lazy to punch a couple keys to help people out. The s2000 will be a lot more money to mod. Plan on keeping it stock for a while b/c the only mods worth while are a lot more than a civic. You shouldn't base the decision on mods though, your comparing two different vehicles. One is a commuter car with a decent engine and front wheel drive. The other is a raw sports car designed with racing in mind from the get go and we all know rwd&gt;fwd.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the compliment

jerks ftw

do you even own an S?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

2001 ap1 with a plastic rear window ftl but how is that relavent? I answered his question....
Old 07-23-2008, 06:56 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (Splatter85)

it's relevant because we've had an influx of non frequent posters in tis forum, especially those who do not own an s2000, piping in with no more experience than what they read in a magazine

kthxbye
Old 07-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GRAF-FITI)

Thanks splatter and kyle for not being douchebags, easy simple replys. And how does trying to find out about modding a car mean im poor im sorry i thought making 44k with a high school diploma was good for a 23yr old, and im sorry most of you are still living at home to pay for yours, and just trying to use it in an attempt to pick up a$$ that you take back to your parents basement.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94jdmeg)

I don't have a basement......

But yes they do cost more if you want to do it right. You can be a cheap-*** and buy junk parts just like any other car too...
Old 07-24-2008, 04:05 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94jdmeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks splatter and kyle for not being douchebags, easy simple replys. And how does trying to find out about modding a car mean im poor im sorry i thought making 44k with a high school diploma was good for a 23yr old, and im sorry most of you are still living at home to pay for yours, and just trying to use it in an attempt to pick up a$$ that you take back to your parents basement.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-24-2008, 04:10 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRAF-FITI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's relevant because we've had an influx of non frequent posters in tis forum, especially those who do not own an s2000, piping in with no more experience than what they read in a magazine

kthxbye</TD></TR></TABLE>

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF THEY OWN AN S2000 OR NOT!!!
Just because someone may not have done something to an S2000 does not mean they do not know how to do it. At least this guy gave the OP some advise, unlike you.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:14 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (White Smoke)

i beg to differ

what kind of real "help" can someone add when they have never owned nor worked on a specific car?

would it make sense for me to hop into an m3 or lexus forum spouting off this and that about a car that i have never touched?

no, it wouldn't...but because some people are so caught up in "it's just a honda, they're all the same"....or " in super street they said.....", they think they have a formidable knowledge of the crap they say, which is false

Old 07-24-2008, 04:45 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

PLENTY! I am surprised and "ASE Certified" guy like yourself would even put up such a weak argument. Hands on experience is NOT the only way to lean how to do something. I mean really... If I have never even seen a specific car in person, and I read the entire FSM I am going to be able to give someone who hasn't advice on how to do a valve adjustment. This is just one simple example but obviously it applies to a greater field. The same applies for a technical article that someone reads in a magazine. Now if someone is asking about person experience then that is a different story.

Just because I have never worked on an STI does not mean I don't know that a exhaust manifold for it costs more then one for a S2000.

Modified by White Smoke at 8:59 AM 7/24/2008
Old 07-24-2008, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Yeah IM from Jersey, big wup, wanna fight about, it, USA

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94jdmeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks splatter and kyle for not being douchebags, easy simple replys. And how does trying to find out about modding a car mean im poor im sorry i thought making 44k with a high school diploma was good for a 23yr old, and im sorry most of you are still living at home to pay for yours, and just trying to use it in an attempt to pick up a$$ that you take back to your parents basement.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so since youre basically shitting out money, then u shouldnt even be asking us this question... go buy 5 S2K's balla... get tracy sports or ASM full kits, slap on a 10K turbo kit and be set, this should be no problem for a person of your stature???

ok dont come in here and throw around how much you make, because the person to the right and the person to the left of you make a lot more... we have already established ourselves here and you come waltzing in with all of this **** talk and your FWD civic Si... is that really supposed to impress me??? and the sad part is you still prolly live in ur parents basement on the pull out couch and are tired of guys coming up to check ur car out instead of girls so u in fact need the S to get laid...

and here ill even hand you some real advice...

take whatever part you want for your riced out civic and multiply it by 2.5... thats basically what our **** costs compared to your civic... an good quality exhaust for an Si runs around $400-500 while a good quality exhaust runs around $1000 and up... in some cases $2500... to mod the S with good parts, it doesnt come cheap, especially if ur gonna do it right...
Old 07-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I still live at home at 23 but its ok because I'm finishing up college. Either way I say rock the living at home thing as long as you can and save cash for a down-payment on a house rather than blowing it on an apartment. If you are REALLY into cars there shouldn't even be a question about s2k or civic especially if you have a dd. Dump the civic while its still stock (hopefully) and pick up a real sports car. One more thing we all know convertible&gt;sunroof.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Splatter85)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Splatter85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I still live at home at 23 but its ok because I'm finishing up college. Either way I say rock the living at home thing as long as you can and save cash for a down-payment on a house rather than blowing it on an apartment. If you are REALLY into cars there shouldn't even be a question about s2k or civic especially if you have a dd. Dump the civic while its still stock (hopefully) and pick up a real sports car. One more thing we all know convertible&gt;sunroof.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i totally agree...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Splatter85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow the guys on this forum are kinda jerks. A straight answer requires less effort than bashing people and pointing out the search button, you guys are too lazy to punch a couple keys to help people out. The s2000 will be a lot more money to mod. Plan on keeping it stock for a while b/c the only mods worth while are a lot more than a civic. You shouldn't base the decision on mods though, your comparing two different vehicles. One is a commuter car with a decent engine and front wheel drive. The other is a raw sports car designed with racing in mind from the get go and we all know rwd&gt;fwd.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not really jerks, just tired of the same questions over and over... it does get annoying at times to see the same ****... stick around and watch how many people ask: whats the difference between an AP1 and AP2??? is it ok to run aftermarket springs with oem struts??? what do you guys pay for insurance??? will these wheels fit???

Old 07-24-2008, 09:26 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">PLENTY! I am surprised and "ASE Certified" guy like yourself would even put up such a weak argument. Hands on experience is NOT the only way to lean how to do something. I mean really... If I have never even seen a specific car in person, and I read the entire FSM I am going to be able to give someone who hasn't advice on how to do a valve adjustment. This is just one simple example but obviously it applies to a greater field. The same applies for a technical article that someone reads in a magazine. Now if someone is asking about person experience then that is a different story.

Just because I have never worked on an STI does not mean I don't know that a exhaust manifold for it costs more then one for a S2000.

Modified by White Smoke at 8:59 AM 7/24/2008 </TD></TR></TABLE>

this is getting stupid. nobody in their right mind is going to sit and read a factory service manual completely, let alone for a vehicle they don't own. i do understand you were reaching for the extreme end of scope here, however. but this comparison is irrelevant to the fact that the OP is looking for discussion about cost to mod...which in itself is a personal preference i.e. brand to cost relations, their own financial needs,etc....so this statement of the FSM on your part is moot.

i.e. i have an s2000 and an itr...i could cheap out on one w/ mods and go ***** out on the other, resulting in a cost difference that is highly evident, or vice versa. or i could buy quality parts for both, there in whcih lies no large cost variance

and i'm sorry, just because something is read in a magazine 3 times over while sitting on the ******* does not make you qualified to speak w/ knowledge on a subject. after all, you are simply plagarizing someone else's work, and in that event opening up a larger possibility of misinforming or lacking information from said original article

there's a difference between giving advice and giving accurate advice, and this line is becoming more and more blurred everyday in this forum

Old 07-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRAF-FITI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

there's a difference between giving advice and giving accurate advice, and this line is becoming more and more blurred everyday in this forum

</TD></TR></TABLE> +1
Old 07-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (S2KILLA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S2KILLA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so since youre basically shitting out money, then u shouldnt even be asking us this question... go buy 5 S2K's balla... get tracy sports or ASM full kits, slap on a 10K turbo kit and be set, this should be no problem for a person of your stature???

ok dont come in here and throw around how much you make, because the person to the right and the person to the left of you make a lot more... we have already established ourselves here and you come waltzing in with all of this **** talk and your FWD civic Si... is that really supposed to impress me??? and the sad part is you still prolly live in ur parents basement on the pull out couch and are tired of guys coming up to check ur car out instead of girls so u in fact need the S to get laid...
(For one no i've been paying my way since i was 16 almost 17 for rent with my friend. 2. When it comes to girls i'am not starving,)
and here ill even hand you some real advice...

take whatever part you want for your riced out civic and multiply it by 2.5... thats basically what our **** costs compared to your civic... an good quality exhaust for an Si runs around $400-500 while a good quality exhaust runs around $1000 and up... in some cases $2500... to mod the S with good parts, it doesnt come cheap, especially if ur gonna do it right... </TD></TR></TABLE> (Wow and then look was it this hard to say yea for the right parts they are more.)
Old 07-24-2008, 10:20 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRAF-FITI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what kind of real "help" can someone add when they have never owned nor worked on a specific car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

None owners can provide plenty of help Graf. You are putting too much into this, just so you can justify this statement.

Say one guy knows nothing about the cost of S2000 parts, and another guy looks at S2000 parts online often because he is considering getting one for himself. You cannot say that the second guy cannot provide any useful assistance to the one asking the question.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRAF-FITI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is getting stupid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I could not agree more...
Old 07-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94jdmeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> (Wow and then look was it this hard to say yea for the right parts they are more.)</TD></TR></TABLE>

jeez man...

heres the real answer for you... keep your civic... by the looks of things u are not ready to own, drive, nor even talk about owning one...
Old 07-24-2008, 10:49 AM

It will be more expensive. Not ALOT but signifigant

Greddy sells exhaust for an 07 civic for $536, where as the s2000 exhaust is $810.

I say you trade it in, the stock s2000 is faster anyway and will be a blast to drive.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: s2k modding (da.nizzle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by da.nizzle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It will be more expensive. Not ALOT but signifigant

Greddy sells exhaust for an 07 civic for $536, where as the s2000 exhaust is $810.

I say you trade it in, the stock s2000 is faster anyway and will be a blast to drive. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah but theres also a lot better exhausts that have proven gains for a lot more...

although the T1R 70mm retails for $1000 and its basically one of the best u can buy...

most expensive one ive heard of is the new ARC full titanium dual exhaust... price tag on that bad boy... $4000+
Old 07-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

local d-bag here saying GTFO and keep your civic

Quick Reply: s2k modding