Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Ikeya Formula

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Ikeya Formula

i was looking at hyperrev s2000 v4 and they showed pics of Ikeya Formula suspension arms.

seems intriguing. looks like theyre heavy into nissans.

http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/en/index.html

their tech page has a lot of good info too.
http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/en/pr....html

s2000 suspension arms.
http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/en/pr...50209

i figure its worth a shot asking, so... anyone try these out yet?

Old 02-18-2007, 05:31 PM
shit post warrior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Ikeya Formula (Tyson)

Their parts look top-notch. I'm wondering if anyone has used them as well.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ikeya Formula (ITRbroham)

There is a lot of interesting things going on there.

They make sequential shifters (totally bad ***)

I see pictures of a 350Z rallying. (totally weird!)

Massive amounts of adjust ability with their products. Roll center, toe, camber, caster...you name it.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:08 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ikeya Formula (Tyson)

Part quality is SuperTaikyu-worthy, I don't know many that can claim that. I checked out an RX-7 UCA, it seems like it could take some abuse, you just have to put up with solid vs. rubber bushed joints. Adjustability is minute and endless, but I don't know about "caster" ^^^^^ . Those require different susp. mounting points, no? Roll center requires a combination of set-ups as well.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:08 PM

they must be good, i picked up an Option and Option 2 mag this weekend and they have ads in both. i was considerering giving them a go
Old 02-20-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: (S2Kintgen)

for most people, these would cause more headache than lower laptimes. If you know how to setup a suspension system beyond perfecting your spring rates and shock valving, then I would look into these. There's already room to dial in the car via springs/shocks, these should be one of the last mod's you perform to squeeze out a second or two from your lap times.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:55 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (evil vapor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by evil vapor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for most people, these would cause more headache than lower laptimes. If you know how to setup a suspension system beyond perfecting your spring rates and shock valving, then I would look into these. There's already room to dial in the car via springs/shocks, these should be one of the last mod's you perform to squeeze out a second or two from your lap times. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Tyson is a track *****. He wants teh blingage.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (evil vapor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by evil vapor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for most people, these would cause more headache than lower laptimes. If you know how to setup a suspension system beyond perfecting your spring rates and shock valving, then I would look into these. There's already room to dial in the car via springs/shocks, these should be one of the last mod's you perform to squeeze out a second or two from your lap times. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You're definitely correct. Give your average grease monkey something adjustable, and usually he will adjust it the wrong way. You really have to know your **** if you wanna mess with invisible angles like scrub radius, roll center, etc. Im a mechanical engineering major, trust me this isnt child's play. You'd have to have some kind of dimensioned front view, (possibly a side view), and rear view of the car to figure out and calculate proper distances. Then you have to go to the track and actually be able to decipher what your car is trying to tell you as you adjust things. Thats how race engineers do it. Stay away unless you're an engineer nerd...like me .
Old 02-21-2007, 03:37 PM
shit post warrior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (B serious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You really have to know your **** if you wanna mess with invisible angles like scrub radius, roll center, etc. Im a mechanical engineering major, trust me this isnt child's play. You'd have to have some kind of dimensioned front view, (possibly a side view), and rear view of the car to figure out and calculate proper distances. Then you have to go to the track and actually be able to decipher what your car is trying to tell you as you adjust things. Thats how race engineers do it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Man, I'd love to come in conctact with someone like this and pick their brains.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:54 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (B serious)

I'm an ME/MechPhysics major, and I know what you mean. I've crawled under my car with an angle finder quite a few times, messing with it in SolidWorks and whatnot. Doesn't mean I understand this **** any better. It's all in the learning experience. I know you despise me B serious, but you do stick to what is correct, so .

Me, you, ITRBroham and a big ice cream sundae.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (Mr. Projekt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Projekt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm an ME/MechPhysics major, and I know what you mean. I've crawled under my car with an angle finder quite a few times, messing with it in SolidWorks and whatnot. Doesn't mean I understand this **** any better. It's all in the learning experience. I know you despise me B serious, but you do stick to what is correct, so .

Me, you, ITRBroham and a big ice cream sundae. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol cmon now i dont dispise you. If you took offense to what i said in whatever that other thread was, I didnt mean it that way. I wasnt worked up or anything, just wondering where the sam jackson style beatdown came from, thats all.

Not quite sure what you mean about the ice cream sundae. But im sure i dont want to either