Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

I really need help! Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really need help! Please Read

I blew a line off my oil relocation kit (i needed one for my turbo). I found out it was off when i was driving because my motor started making a knocking noise so i pulled over to see what it was.

But here is my issue. *notice: the turbo is not hooked up* I Immediately put new oil back in my S, Royal Purple 15w-40. I performed a Compression Leak Down Test wich had a 2% Leak, Compression Test and my Oil Pressure is 75 psi.

I installed new Lost Motion Assemblies and a new Timing Chain, Tensioner, and both Guides.

But the knocking continues, and my car will not rev past 6,500 rpm. Has Idle Problems and has dead spots when driving. Im not throwing a CEL.

WHAT IS WRONG!!!??
Old 07-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I really need help! Please Read (MADBADGER)

whats the numbers on the compression test?
Old 07-16-2008, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what do you mean by "the turbo is not hooked up" ?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I really need help! Please Read (H.A.R.T B18C1EG6)

i don't remember the numbers on the compression test, what ever stock is.

The turbo is sitting on the exhaust manifold... doing nothing
Old 07-16-2008, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

how much oil did you add?
did you drain the oil to check for metal shavings?
can you drop the oil pan to see any burn marks around the bearings?
can you pinpoint the noise with a stetoscope or hose?
why is the turbo not hooked up?
how far are you from cleveland, i can probably help you if you are close?

Did you bother to look back in your fisrt post?
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2341904
Old 07-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MADBADGER &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i don't remember the numbers on the compression test, what ever stock is.

The turbo is sitting on the exhaust manifold... doing nothing</TD></TR></TABLE>

what do you mean doing nothing?

Do you have oil running to it? If you're running n/a with the turbo on the car, you're likely overspinning the turbo, which will kill it......and the oil feed to the turbo could be causing the issue.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I really need help! Please Read (joey1320)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joey1320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how much oil did you add?
did you drain the oil to check for metal shavings?
can you drop the oil pan to see any burn marks around the bearings?
can you pinpoint the noise with a stetoscope or hose?
why is the turbo not hooked up?
how far are you from cleveland, i can probably help you if you are close?

Did you bother to look back in your fisrt post?
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2341904</TD></TR></TABLE>

I added like 6 quarts.
There was no metal shavings in my oil pan.
Nothing was loose when i dropped the oil pan.
I want to say the noise comes from the top end toward the backside of the engine.. its kind of decieving.
I'm in Zanesville, its 60 miles east of Columbus.
No sorry i've been so busy and frustrated with my car i hadn't looked.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I really need help! Please Read (chimmike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chimmike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what do you mean doing nothing?

Do you have oil running to it? If you're running n/a with the turbo on the car, you're likely overspinning the turbo, which will kill it......and the oil feed to the turbo could be causing the issue.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I mean the turbo is hooked up to the exhaust manifold. It has oil feed and return lines hooked up and working... its just doing nothing but sitting there spooling.

The oil feed to the turbo is causing the ticking, strange idle, and preventing me from hitting vtec?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Yeah IM from Jersey, big wup, wanna fight about, it, USA

sounds like you should not have a turbo car...
Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MADBADGER &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I added like 6 quarts.
There was no metal shavings in my oil pan.
Nothing was loose when i dropped the oil pan.
I want to say the noise comes from the top end toward the backside of the engine.. its kind of decieving.
I'm in Zanesville, its 60 miles east of Columbus.
No sorry i've been so busy and frustrated with my car i hadn't looked.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude this engines take 5.2 quarts (if not mistaken) so you went completely dry

i would suggest pulling off the valve cover and looking for any damaged retainers or springs... kinda weird that you have good compression... i was 3 quarts low on my last engine and dropped comopression to 130psi on cyl. #2. (230ish is normal)
Old 07-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I really need help! Please Read (S2KILLA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S2KILLA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like you should not have a turbo car...</TD></TR></TABLE>

And why is that? Have i done anything Irresponsible? I cannot help the hose on my relocation kit blew off i double checked everything was tight but the jegs brand i have malfunctioned, but i made sure it will not happen again.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:21 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no offense but all the threads you make have to do with the worst possible outcomes....

i'm starting to think you shouldn't own a car period, or you just have horrible luck
Old 07-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I really need help! Please Read (joey1320)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joey1320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dude this engines take 5.2 quarts (if not mistaken) so you went completely dry

i would suggest pulling off the valve cover and looking for any damaged retainers or springs... kinda weird that you have good compression... i was 3 quarts low on my last engine and dropped comopression to 130psi on cyl. #2. (230ish is normal)</TD></TR></TABLE>

basically it would have been like taking off the oil filter and running the car.
I have taken out the rocker arms and they arn't noticable worn or damaged anywhere.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I really need help! Please Read (GRAF-FITI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRAF-FITI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no offense but all the threads you make have to do with the worst possible outcomes....

i'm starting to think you shouldn't own a car period, or you just have horrible luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

All of the worst possible outcomes i have is because of luck, i was done all but the tuning on my car until the oil line busted and here i am with the engine out of my car now because we had to pull it to find out why the the f it is acting the way it is.

I have had honda technicians look at my car and they are baffled.

Modified by MADBADGER at 10:51 AM 7/16/2008
Old 07-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MADBADGER &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And why is that? Have i done anything Irresponsible? I cannot help the hose on my relocation kit blew off i double checked everything was tight but the jegs brand i have malfunctioned, but i made sure it will not happen again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah dude. Oil lines don't just "blow off" unless they're installed improperly or you used **** for materials. Running a turbo on the car without hooking it up is bad. You're overspinning the turbo BIGTIME.

If your engine ran on zero oil, your motor is fuct.

Also, adding 6 quarts of oil is not good either. It could cause you to spin bearings.

You obviously do not know what you're doing man. Take the car to a good mechanic and open your wallet.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I really need help! Please Read (chimmike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chimmike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah dude. Oil lines don't just "blow off" unless they're installed improperly or you used **** for materials. Running a turbo on the car without hooking it up is bad. You're overspinning the turbo BIGTIME.

If your engine ran on zero oil, your motor is fuct.

Also, adding 6 quarts of oil is not good either. It could cause you to spin bearings.

You obviously do not know what you're doing man. Take the car to a good mechanic and open your wallet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah the hose clamp was broken we later found out.
starting the car with the turbo on isn't hurting anything, im not driving it around town, its just idling.

My car hods 5.2 quarts of oil, with the turbo it holds 6 and according to my dipstick its a perfect amount. The car IS at a good mechanic.

Please don't lecture me. I need help with ideas on possible problems that will fix this.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

solutions? Compression and leakdown test. Yank the head off and inspect the cylinders. Yank the oil pan off and check the main bearings.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chimmike)

first off im guessing your car is not tuned? correct? and why would go and "see" if vtec engages when untuned?

second is what is the numbers on the compression test cause it cant be perfect seeing that you have knocking.

third... is it a knocking or a ticking??

fourth i think you fuct your car up by starving it with no oil. im pretty sure your rods are knocking.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (H.A.R.T B18C1EG6)

I ran low on oil....the car now knocks. 99.98% of the time its a spun rod bearing. Probably already screwed yourself by trying to run the car again (ie, you pumped more sludge through the motor further damaging parts). On top of that, what does low oil have to do with LMAs? Its a spring with a little metal plate on top....thats the least of your worries.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chimmike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chimmike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">solutions? Compression and leakdown test. Yank the head off and inspect the cylinders. Yank the oil pan off and check the main bearings. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Compression test showed 2% leak, No problems with leakdown test. Took the oil pan off and everything was tight.

Im going to check the cylinders now i just waited till last because i have to buy a new headgasket = $80
Old 07-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H.A.R.T B18C1EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first off im guessing your car is not tuned? correct? and why would go and "see" if vtec engages when untuned?

second is what is the numbers on the compression test cause it cant be perfect seeing that you have knocking.

third... is it a knocking or a ticking??

fourth i think you fuct your car up by starving it with no oil. im pretty sure your rods are knocking.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah my car is not tuned. I have nothing attached to my intake manifold.. why do i need it tuned? the turbo is just on the car waiting for me to fix the knocking. Compression test showed 2% leak.

More of a ticking
Old 07-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MADBADGER)

Yeah my car is not tuned. I have nothing attached to my intake manifold.. why do i need it tuned? the turbo is just on the car waiting for me to fix the knocking. Compression test showed 2% leak.

More of a ticking</TD></TR></TABLE>

why do you need a tune!?! what kind of question is that?? im sorry but all your threads you have made in the past just shows how much you dont know about turboed cars or even your own car.

what ems are you running? are you even on a basemap? even if you have a basemap why would floor it untuned anyway?

No wonder your car wont pass 6500rpms... you are probably running lean and detonating without knowing your afr

Old 07-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Yeah IM from Jersey, big wup, wanna fight about, it, USA

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S2KILLA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like you should not have a turbo car...</TD></TR></TABLE>

And why is that? Have i done anything Irresponsible? I cannot help the hose on my relocation kit blew off i double checked everything was tight but the jegs brand i have malfunctioned, but i made sure it will not happen again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

More of a ticking</TD></TR></TABLE>

and i thought kyle was an idiot... you make him look like a [freak]in genius... jeez
Old 07-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H.A.R.T B18C1EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why do you need a tune!?! what kind of question is that?? im sorry but all your threads you have made in the past just shows how much you dont know about turboed cars or even your own car.

what ems are you running? are you even on a basemap? even if you have a basemap why would floor it untuned anyway?

No wonder your car wont pass 6500rpms... you are probably running lean and detonating without knowing your afr

</TD></TR></TABLE>

like i said earlier, the turbo is not hooked up, there is no intercooler piping there is nothing but a turbo sitting on the exhuast manifold that DOES have oil running to and from.

i have the greddy Emanage

I have the AEM Wideband. My Air fuel ratio is good.

The turbo has absolutely nothing to do with the eingine Ticking. Forget i even said anything about the turbo i just mentioned to explain why i relocted the oil filter or i'd have left it out of the picture completely.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MADBADGER)

like i said earlier, the turbo is not hooked up, there is no intercooler piping there is nothing but a turbo sitting on the exhuast manifold that DOES have oil running to and from.

i have the greddy Emanage

I have the AEM Wideband. My Air fuel ratio is good.

The turbo has absolutely nothing to do with the eingine Ticking. Forget i even said anything about the turbo i just mentioned to explain why i relocted the oil filter or i'd have left it out of the picture completely.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know its not the turbo as wel because it started ticking when the oil line broke, i drove it a a couple days with the turbo on it but this is all linked to the oil loss and nothing to do with the turbo.

Quick Reply: I really need help! Please Read