Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Hytech performance package

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hytech performance package

I was just reading a new magazine and Hytech has just developed a set of cams, itb's, header and exhaust that makes 283whp with the proper tune. Apparently he cracked the code. Just wondering if you guys had heard about this, sounded pretty interesting, but of course it will cost you a pretty penny.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:46 AM

I read about that setup, apparrently he spent countless number of hours on the dyno trying different configurations with everything to make it work together. And last I heard didn't want to split anything up, just sell it all or nothing (just my $.02)
Old 07-31-2008, 04:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hytech performance package (switched_in_your_eye)

For the amount of money he spent on that you could have a turbo S2000 putting down double that. I'm not saying power is every thing tho... its just nice having a lot of it. Plus turbo track s2000s kill...
Old 07-31-2008, 04:45 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: Hytech performance package (HondaKyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaKyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Plus turbo track s2000s kill...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Whoa whoa whoa, you can't use that word in here. Maybe if by "track" you mean parking lot.

Parking lot time attack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXXHVoc5hOc
Old 07-31-2008, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hytech performance package (BauleyCivic)

wait? what is this that you speak of a track that isnt a parking lot?!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ROFL "jesus christ they're racing in a parking lot"
Old 07-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hytech performance package (mr poo)

What code did he crack? Special ECU code? Or is he just referring to "tuning" it correctly with those mods. Would like to know more about this hytech setup.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah but turbocharging is cheating. That's damn impressive for a n/a 2.2L. If you want to read more about it the magazine is the latest Honda Tuning. I checked Hytechs website and there is nothing about it so I don't know how you'd go about getting it.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (switched_in_your_eye)

here is an email that was forwarded to me by a friend inquiring about the kit......

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2008 5:13 PM
To:
Subject: RE: header for s2000

HyTech Spec I engine kit for the S2000 has now been fully developed and is ready for sale. The kit consists of header, exhaust, cams, valve springs, ti retainers, 50mm Jenvey ITBs and AEM tune. The final numbers for the 2006 S2000 using the 2.2 liter engine on Churchs Dynapak are, 283 whp and 200lbs of torque. These are extremely good numbers with just bolt ones.
Detail Costs
Header 1,350.00
Dual exhaust 1,800.00
Cam Kit 2,499.00
50mm ITBs 2,900.00 subject to change with the exchange rate.
AEM EMS
AEM Tune No Charge

Cam Gears 750.00

As most of you know we have been working on this kit for quite a number of years. Mainly it has been a fill in job. So, it only was worked on when time permitted. And the nature of developing a kit like this is quite intensive. To date I do not know of any company that has accomplished what HyTech has with the S2000.The dyno graph illustrates the before and after results. This show just how much power and torque was generated by the kit. Some of you will ask why hasnt anybody else duplicated what we did. Mainly because of our back ground in the Formula Atlantic engine development. Since I was involved in the development of that engine it has certain issues and those issue are very much like the S2000. It just has some unique obstacles to over come. This has given me in sight that no other company has. It wont be long before other companies will get a hold of our kit and try to duplicate it for themselves.
Spec I header will bolt back into the stock location.
Spec II header will be the long version and will eliminate the cat.
Spec III header is for supercharged versions.
Exhaust is a 3inch that runs into twin 2 1/2 light weight racing mufflers. The dual muffler set up has a much nicer sound than the single exit does.
Cams are 8620billet steel and not cast cores. The 8620 is common material for roller cams. It is much stronger and more durable than cast cores. The S2000 cams are using the same ramp speed and geometry as our K series cams. The K series cams have been running in street and race car engines since 2002 and have not suffered from any type of cam or valve train failure. The valve springs are Chevy Indy car valve springs. The main reason is that these valve springs are made with wire from Kobe Japan .The finest spring wire in the world. The frequency of these springs makes them far superior to any other on the market. They are topped with custom Ti retainers and hardened spring bases, new keepers and valve seals.
The kit will come with The Spec I version cams, but other specs are available for more exotic builds. SPEC 1 KIT CAMS WILL NOT BE SOLD SEPARATELY, ONLY IN THE KIT. The kit will consist of the header, cam kit and 50mm Jenveys throttle bodies. Exhaust and AEM EMS are optional.
50 mm Jenvey throttle bodies are vastly different than the TWM units. The three major differences are the location of the butterfly the location of the shaft and the style of the air horns. These differences make the Jenveys much more superior to the TWMs. We ran the 50mm TWMs and found no power gains at all over the stock plenum. Just bolting on Jenveys made an instance gain.
We are also working a plenum intake manifold for the S2000 as well. The new plenum will most likely use the stock TB or a taper bored one. And keep all the stock sensors. Early development has shown the peak power numbers are very similar but the 50mm ITBs are superior in throttle response and mid range power.
HyTech is also offering full S2000 engine builds for road and drag racing. We have already hit the 350 flywheel horse power level. On the 2.2 liter road race engine. And there is still more to come.
Im sure there will be plenty of questions about the kits and parts we have developed. I will do my best to answer them all.
Time frame for the parts to be available is July 1st. We will be putting together 20 kits and taking pre orders for them. Please contact me through e-mail.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by switched_in_your_eye &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah but turbocharging is cheating. That's damn impressive for a n/a 2.2L. If you want to read more about it the magazine is the latest Honda Tuning. I checked Hytechs website and there is nothing about it so I don't know how you'd go about getting it.</TD></TR></TABLE> Why is turbo charging cheating?
Old 07-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

This was in the latest issue of Honda Tuning... not sure if it's been said yet, but contrary to another comment above, the article said that the header and exhaust would be sold together, but other than that, the cams won't be sold without the ITBs because of their symbiotic relationship.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by switched_in_your_eye &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was just reading a new magazine and Hytech has just developed a set of cams, itb's, header and exhaust that makes 283whp with the proper tune. Apparently he cracked the code. Just wondering if you guys had heard about this, sounded pretty interesting, but of course it will cost you a pretty penny.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Church's dyno measures HUB HP, not WHP. Did they do an estimated conversion? If not, the WHP figure is lower than 383. Nice kit regardless (for those who can afford it). I would rather get the KW SC for that kind of $$.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:44 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Hytech performance package (Vitt1)

+1 for kraftwerks
Old 08-01-2008, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hytech performance package (GRAF-FITI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRAF-FITI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">+1 for kraftwerks</TD></TR></TABLE> +2
Old 08-01-2008, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Order of Merit

Default Re: Hytech performance package (HondaKyle)

+3 = 6
Old 08-01-2008, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Whoa whoa whoa, you can't use that word in here. Maybe if by "track" you mean parking lot.

Parking lot time attack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXXHVoc5hOc</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol that video was taken in raleigh...maybe 10 minutes from me. way to make us look bad
Old 08-01-2008, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Hytech performance package (ReddotsS2K)

just read about this kit today, pretty impressive numbers!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by switched_in_your_eye &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah but turbocharging is cheating. That's damn impressive for a n/a 2.2L. If you want to read more about it the magazine is the latest Honda Tuning. I checked Hytechs website and there is nothing about it so I don't know how you'd go about getting it.</TD></TR></TABLE>Any car will run more efficiently and put down more power with a turbo if its done the right way.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Default Re: Hytech performance package (Vitt1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vitt1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Church's dyno measures HUB HP, not WHP. Did they do an estimated conversion? If not, the WHP figure is lower than 383. Nice kit regardless (for those who can afford it). I would rather get the KW SC for that kind of $$.</TD></TR></TABLE>

DO NOAT judge all dynapaks like the one from Churches, newer ones like the one used by BISIMOTO ENGINEERING reads 2-5whp from a dynojet.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

inlinepro made 301 na, for around the same price u may want to look into that
Old 08-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Picked less than 100HP for over $9000

I think I will keep my turbo.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah we all know that boost is cheaper and makes a powerful gernade LOL but believe it or not some ppl actually want to build an engine without ramming air down is troat and ee wht kinda power they can make...LOL as for this kit, yeah not bad but WAY TO MUCH tim tuning for that... take the money u would spend on counless hrs getting it to run on dyno and buy HC pistons or something LOL
Old 08-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hytech performance package (Sikocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sikocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Picked less than 100HP for over $9000

I think I will keep my turbo.</TD></TR></TABLE> yeah same here Ill also keep my better then stock MPG. The s2000 does better with boost then most cars made for boost. Ive seen them on more PSI then cars that come with boost from the factory. Forged internals FTW