Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

height

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default height

I was lookin into selling my gsr and getting a s2k as my only car. My question ,is the car too small.Im 6'3 so i wanted your guys opinion if it would be too uncomfortable. How tall are you s2k drivers out there.

P.S. I have driven one before so dont tell me to do that, sometimes it takes a while to start to feel uncomfortable in a car.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:19 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: height (Babakarab)

You'll be ok. The seat starts to hurt about 2 hours of sitting. Getting in and out will be your problem. If you're still too tall, an aftermarket seat with low rails will help.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im used to the low car, my gsr is slammed! I just dont know if it is too small as a daily driver. BTW how tall are you?
Old 05-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My friend's 6'3" as well, and it's a tight squeeze for him. It depends how long your torso is, your legs, etc.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: height (P Nut)

Is it his daily driver?
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by P Nut &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My friend's 6'3" as well, and it's a tight squeeze for him. It depends how long your torso is, your legs, etc.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Actually, he doesn't have one. But everytime he gets in my car, it almost looks like a clown getting into his clown-car.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (P Nut)

Ummm.. Thats why i started this thread...ROFL

How tall are you P Nut
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by P Nut &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually, he doesn't have one. But everytime he gets in my car, it almost looks like a clown getting into his clown-car.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm 5'11". My seat's all the way back and if I could push it back another inch, that'd be perfect for me.

I've taken multiple long trips, and the seats are actually pretty comfortable. Every 4-5 hours, I have to get out and stretch.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (P Nut)

Is the s2k your only car?
Old 05-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No, I have a beater, as well, but it's mostly for winter. But, I'm selling the S2000 for a truck, so that I can haul my bike around.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not to thread jack but I'm in the same boat as you and wondering the same thing. Although I'm only 6'0 ~180 lbs so I dont THINK I'll have a problem. Also like you I drove one once but like you said sometimes it can take awhile to be uncomfortable. I was too busy thinking about how cool it was to drive around with the top down and forgot all about how small the car was. Anyone else have any input?
Old 05-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: height (TurboInteg95)

I'm 6'3"... S is now my daily driver. With my recaro SPG in I have a lot more leg room. But i actually put my stock seat in most of the time for daily driving. But i am skinny, i only weigh 170lbs. So it may be an easier fit for me.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Babakarab &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">P.S. I have driven one before so don't tell me to do that, sometimes it takes a while to start to feel uncomfortable in a car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

When u drove it before was the top up or down?

Also im 6'1 and 200 pounds.

but i live a less then a half mile from work so the drive doesn't kill me.
since im a Marylander i often head to the OC and its almost a two hour drive,
and sometimes gets a little uncomfortable, but god dammit i love that car.

so expletive it and get yourself one.

one thing i can tell u is bitch's love it. (expect my, she always wants the top up, blah blah blah "your stupid car messes up my hair."

Man i'm a sucker for evil bitch's. ha ha
Old 05-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: height (S CARTER)

Here's a pic to give u an idea of where my head is compared to the windshield.

P.S. Oh yeah i apologize for being such a THUL, yes that's right T H U L
Old 05-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm 6'3'' and 230 lbs. and have been daily driving my s since i got it (it just hit 3000 miles)...i also have a 95 accord that i use as a second car but i have barely driven it since i got the s...i've taken a few road trips and everything is fine other than your lower back (but i've had short people complain about that too)

i'm coming from having an rsx which was significantly bigger than the s and bigger than your gsr...i think coming from a gsr, you will be fine and feel plenty comfortable...i know a 6'7'' guy who daily drives one also

but obviously it isn't going to be as comfortable as some other cars, but it is so fun that you don't even think about it (i'm not saying that it isn't comfortable, because it is...it just has a very tight/cockpit like feel to it)

i say get one
Old 05-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (MrBurner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrBurner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm 6'3'' and 230 lbs. and have been daily driving my s since i got it (it just hit 3000 miles)...i also have a 95 accord that i use as a second car but i have barely driven it since i got the s...i've taken a few road trips and everything is fine other than your lower back (but i've had short people complain about that too)

i'm coming from having an rsx which was significantly bigger than the s and bigger than your gsr...i think coming from a gsr, you will be fine and feel plenty comfortable...i know a 6'7'' guy who daily drives one also

but obviously it isn't going to be as comfortable as some other cars, but it is so fun that you don't even think about it (i'm not saying that it isn't comfortable, because it is...it just has a very tight/cockpit like feel to it)

i say get one</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here, the accord been sitting in the garage since i first got my S last month.

the car is lower even in stock form, it's bumpy and loud. I couldn't be more happy with it.

&lt;--a hair short of 6 foot, 150 lb.

the seat is one or two clicks away from all the way back, there's alot of headroom consider it's a convertible. The seat isn't too bad, it does lack the back support, drove it for 2 hours straight in a mini-road trip and my back is hurting.

your best bet would be aftermarket seat or LOWER SEAT mod.

the S is daily driven, i racked 3K last month

OH DID I SAY GET THE S? NOW
Old 05-11-2006, 06:51 AM

Default Re: (iam7head)

im 5'10and a 1/2 180 lbs, had the 05 for a year now, and i broke my back skiing when i was a kid, so im uncomfortable in one position too long(no 24 hours of le mans for me) but i rove from nj down to myrtle beach sc. 12 hour drive and i went straight through.

after the first 4 hours i started getting irritated and had to sit facing the door, then switch facing the shifter. then stretch when i got out. afte the first stretch i was good for about 2 hours before i needed another brake, but i only stop for gas and food. i just picked up a 92 accord for the g/f but i use it as my beater to save miles and gas.

i guess i have shorter legs then u guys because im just under 6 ft and if i have the seat all the way back i cant reach the peddles.

ps...theres a local around here who i see driving around w/ top down, his head sticks out above the windshield about 3-4 inches. looks absolutely rediculous. i laugh everytime i see it.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mykcuz)

HAHA, I'd love to see that. That guy must be like 6'7. The lower seat mod might be a good idea. When I drove my friends I tried it with top up and down. Of course with it down it doesn't matter but when it was up it felt a bit small inside. But them again I'm used to my 350z coupe which has loads of room in every direction and my gsr which also is pretty roomy up front.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:18 PM
I miss Andrea.

Default Re: (TurboInteg95)

Just remember to duck down when you flip...you'll be fine
Old 05-11-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Re: (Newk)

I'm 5'7. I fit really well.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im 5'10 and its perfect for me just keep in mind the s2000 doesnt have a tilt steering wheel feature well my ap1 doesnt idk about the ap2's. To me if you were fine the 1st time driving it youll be ok. I fit comfy in my S but i wouldnt do no road trip with it. Good luck!
Old 05-12-2006, 05:53 AM

I'm 6' and just under 200 lbs. The S2k isn't my daily; I have an Accord for that. But I've been on the road with it (as much as 600 mi. plus, one way) and I really enjoy those long drives with the car. This car is noisy and you feel everything the wheels touch, but that's not an issue with me. I just love the way it handles, as though it's on rails. I also enjoy red lining in 1st, 2nd, (and sometimes 3rd) when I'm merging to the interstate. And I always regret returning it to the pit and getting into my Accord. But that's just me. I hope this helps in your decision.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:03 PM

Default Re: (Newk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Newk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just remember to duck down when you flip...you'll be fine </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol ... spoken like a true ford fan
Old 05-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the responses. It sounds like i would fit, i forgot to mention im also 230 so that might be a factor. BTW i hear there is a lease special for the s2000 for 299 a month like 10k miles a year 36 months, plus fees. What do you guys think, that sounds like a hell of a deal. Is is true that this is the last year for the S.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:23 PM

well i bought my 2005, and i have 25k after my first year of driving it, so is it going to be your daily driver? a lease is a waste of your money.

if ur 230 see how the seats fit because im just under 6 ft 180 lbs about, and i think the seat in my 05 is a l little narrow, so make sure your *** fits.

i think 06 is going to be the last model year, theyre keeping the platform but going to a 6 cyl awd hardtop version for like 40-45k more towards the lux market

Quick Reply: height