Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2001, 08:45 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake manifold

I want to upgrade my Intake manifold..............

I've seen the Type S intake manifold already and don't see the a big difference. Just that the it does not have the intake runners.

The Euro R Intake manifold looks sweet, all though I don't remember what sight it was or where to get a price.

Or should I just get my stock manifold sent out and get it extrude honed and get it port flow or bench flow..........
Old 06-03-2001, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Intake manifold (D.specs)

Both Sunn and Billy have the Type R manifolds and I hear they are a bitch to install. A lot of the connections are different on the ATR so you can't just bolt all the old stuff from the US H22 to it. I think the ATR intake manifold would be the best but it's going to cost some money and time to get it in a working correctly.

What do you mean the Type S does not have intake runners (that would be impossible BTW)? Intake runners are the tubes that run from the upper manifold chamber to the ports on the head so all intake manifolds have them. And from all the pictures and desctiptions I've seen the type S intake manifold is pretty much the same as the US version. It has the flappers that open for the second stage intake runners and everything. The only difference is that the runners might be a little bigger on the type S version.

Gabe

[Modified by Gabe, 3:57 PM 6/3/2001]
Old 06-03-2001, 12:01 PM
G

Default Re: Intake manifold (D.specs)

Although I have a turbo set-up, I plan to remove alot of material from the stock intake. I am going to do away with the 8 holes and make 4 big ones (for volume with turbo), alot of grinding, but it may be worthwhile to try it on NA high rpm combos. If I can get a mani for cheap, I could do mine then the second for you to try. Well, as soon as it gets done I will show you the finished product.......
Old 06-03-2001, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Intake manifold (G)

g, i know some one with a turbo setup on his lude that did that he said it aint worth it lost tons of low end and it increased spool time for the turbo...
Old 06-03-2001, 01:14 PM
G

Default Re: Intake manifold (SOHCkordVTEC)

Ohhhhhhh....thats bad! What exactly did he do? I must know......
Old 06-03-2001, 01:30 PM
New User

Default Re: Intake manifold (G)

I've done sone polishing on the intake manifold, made the port smooth as butter. I've noticed a few gain. Espicially on the high rpm.

I've seen the Type S picture on a Super Street. SPW has them, but only sell to people who open an account.

Any one knows about the Euro Manifold............