Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

ecu help

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecu help

i have a 96 prelude h22a it came with the pof-903 ecu. i was going down the interstate and some of my wiring harness fell down onto my wheel and got shredded int bits. in the process of fixing that something went wrong my ecu. now i have bought these ecu

PLM-A72
POJ-L61
PAA-A53
P14-A62
P5M-L55

now i have tried all of these ecu in my car and i cant get it to start. it gets no fire from dizzy to the plug but i get power to dizzy (checked with test light). my injectors get power but do not pulse when car is being cranked (also checked with test light). i know that some of them have immo but im not sure witch ones. i need help with witch ecu would be the best to use? and if it has the immo in it can i desolder my eeprom and attach it to the new ecu or is that to much. i have bought all these ecu so i really dont want to buy any more. so i hope that one of these will work. i will attach some pics of what burnt up in my ecu. any help would be greatly appreciated.

the line is the chip that was burnt and the arrow was burnt too
Old 11-20-2018, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts
Default Re: ecu help

You NEED a 37820-P13-A12. Why would you buy a bunch of ECU's that are wrong ???
Old 11-20-2018, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Idk honestly hopeing that one of them would work this car has been nothing but a headake from day one.. So p13 is the only one i can use i cant use none of these. Do you know what on the engine would keep it from starting if its unplugged? I know the dizzy, the unjectors and its resistor box. What else do i HAVE TO HAVE?
Old 11-21-2018, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ECT and IAT as well as TPS and MAP are pretty critical. You can get by without knock and your VTEC stuff for starting... ALL distributor stuff is important too... CKP, TDC and CYP.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the information. Greatly appreciated. On my ecu wiring it had a conversion harness i believe from obd2 to obd1 ecu can i just remove the conversion harness and plug a obd2 ecu back into it?
Old 11-22-2018, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ty.$
Thanks for the information. Greatly appreciated. On my ecu wiring it had a conversion harness i believe from obd2 to obd1 ecu can i just remove the conversion harness and plug a obd2 ecu back into it?
You should be able to... as long as the original OBD-2 wiring at the ECU plugs hasn't been modified.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think they have but im not intirely sure. I have the obd2 ecu plugs from a 2001 honda accord it had a f22 in it sohc and alot of the wires are in diffrent places. Some are not even there. I bought the chilton for my car but it isnt all that easy to comprehend. I have been at this for months now i found a p72 chipped manual ecu near me but i dont have everything for the trans swap. I apperciate the feedback.