Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

ABS Module leaking....

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Module leaking....

Hey what up fellow luders...
A quick backround of the car. It's a '93 Prelude SI Vtec USDM all original. 265,000 original miles. Iv'e been the owner since '07. I just recently (3 months ago) replaced almost every component of my brake system. Brake master cylinder, brake hoses, calipers, pads and rotors (and a couple other things). All are OEM honda parts. Over the past month I noticed the brake fluid level in the MC was getting lower and lower. I didnt notice any leaks around the master cylinder or any of the calipers. So finally the other day I was on my way to work when the "BRAKE" and "ABS" lights both came on so I pulled over and opened up the hood. The brake fluid was below the minimum line so I went home and filled it up and both lights went off. I searched and finally saw that the leak was coming from the ABS module. I can't tell exactly where but It doesnt appear to be from where the brake lines screw into the module. I'm thinking It might be from a hose thats coming off the ABS module or perhaps where the reservoir meets the actual Module? If anyone has had a leaky ABS unit can chime in or anyone with any suggestions of what it might be please let me know. I dont want to have to buy a whole new one just because of a leak. The brake system seems to work perfectly otherwise. I plan on taking it to a local shop that has a very good rep and I know the owner so he can check it out but thats not until next week. So once again if you have any suggestions of what it might be or if you had this happen to you please chime in....thanks

Last edited by crxsleeper210; 11-16-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ABS Module leaking....

Hmmmm..125 views with no responses...I guess no one has ever had a leak from their abs unit? Well I guess when I get time ill try to see exactly where its leaking from (reservoir/hose/brake line).
Old 11-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There's just a lot more to that thing, it's tall, I'd just spray it down with brake clean, let it dry, pump the pedal or drive it and see where it's coming from. Better than listening to other peoples guesses on what it may be or what theirs was which more than likely wont be the same.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^ OK Ill do that.Thanks
Old 08-03-2018, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I must revive this post cause i have the same problem and found solution in no place on internet, did you found the solution dude?