WordWorker - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

WordWorker

Old 06-18-2016, 10:00 AM   #1
Trial User

Default WordWorker

We have a 2007 Honda Fit Sport and the wife and I love it! It's nimble, fast and fun to drive. Sport certainly applies. It also has an insane amount of inside cargo space for a 13-foot car. We got it because it's tow-able, 4-wheels down with no special options other than a tow plate. It's our first Honda and we're very impressed with the build and materials quality.

Here's my question: I'm an old-fashioned guy and I'd like to put an auxiliary set of gauges (voltage, oil pressure and water temp.) in, but with all the computer-run stuff on these newer cars, I don't want to screw it up. Back in the day, you used a tee fitting, so the oil pressure sensor and gauge line could work in tandem. Same with the water temp. -- a tee for the temp. sensor and the gauge sender. I assume voltage would be a matter of finding a primary power wire and splice in the gauge. Simple, right? Well, that's my question. Is this possible with that cute little V-tek (Vortek?) engine?

Tom (a.k.a. WordWorker)
WordWorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:14 AM   #2
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WordWorker

Sorry a lot of photos went missing with a host going out of business but the text is the same.

DIY Installing mechanical gauges in a Fit - Honda Fit Forums

But the latest and greatest gadget is a "Scan Gauge" that simply plugs into the ECM port and provides the same info. Search it as there are a few brands.
claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:47 PM   #3
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, Scanguage!!! explore other OBD2 port options as well
BongoBennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:09 AM   #4
Honda-Tech Member

Here is a new and simple way to get the info without altering the dashboard with gauges or adding connections to engine sensors:

https://www.amazon.com/OBD-II-Displa.../dp/B00GY0E7J0
manxman is offline   Reply With Quote