Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Connector question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connector question

Just wondering if anybody might know what this connector is and where I might be able to buy a M/F set. It's the plug on the engine harness that connects to the intake temp sensor. From looking at the parts sites I've found, Honda only sells the harness and the parts guy at the dealer in town couldn't find any info at all. I need it to make an adapter, so any help/advice would be great. Thanks!

Old 08-24-2006, 01:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Connector question (Chikubi)

Honestly, i HIGHLY DOUBT you will be able to find the female end of that due to the fact that Honda doesn't just sell ONE plug off an engine harness, they will sell you the entire engine harness. They dont sell spliced ends off a connector. As for the male end, that is called the MAF (mass air flow) sensor. You could purchase this piece from honda but of course it is expensive(b/c the car is new). You can ask the parts dept if it is the same model # as the 06 civic 2dr EX one's b/c they look almost the same.

Anyways, what are you trying to build? I see some sort of forced induction box (red thing in pic) so are you tryin 2 build something cool? If it is, fill me in!
Old 08-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Connector question (koolkevin1107)

To answer your last question, I'm installing a Last Station Power Box intake into my Fit. It's normally a JDM-only intake, but they revised it to fit the USDM Fit, so I've got the only one in the US at the moment, hence the dilemma. It fits the engine fine, but the connector in the pic is much shorter than the JDM harness, so it doesn't connect. The sensor is actually just the intake air temp sensor, which I've had a suggestion from Ben at AJ Racing to do what he did for the T1R intake and just mount the sensor in a short tube to extend it closer to the plug, but I'm not keen on that since the sensor is out of the intake body and it doesn't look stock. As for cutting the harness, yeah you're right it may be the only option, but I was hoping that someone might know if that connector is just a generic connector I can pick up from an auto electrical supplier somewhere as I really don't want to cut the harness if possible.

Interesting thing though, today I got an email from Last Station in Japan and they saw my webpage talking about the sensor problem, so they're sending me a whole new intake for free with the sensor hole in a different location to try and see if that solves the issue. How's that for customer service?! I never even mentioned the problem to them and they're taking steps to correct it on their own. Many many kudos to them for that.

Here's a pic of the intake as it came in the mail. You can read about it and what I've been doing on my website news page: http://homepages.apci.net/~sirmyt/

Old 08-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

THATS AWSOME! I KNEW U WERE INSTALLIN THE LAST STATION POWER BOX!! lol. at the time when i wrote the thread i drew a blank on the name but now i remember. I was gonna mention the same thing about extending the tube. So they sent you a new one? wanna sell me the original one they sent you? pretty please w/ sugar on top?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Connector question (koolkevin1107)

not to thread jack, but if the new one does work that they send you would you mind posting the results, I was contemplating waiting on the T1R but if its like this I'm not down. what did it end up costing you to get that over here to the US?
Old 08-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Connector question (dmxsoulja3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dmxsoulja3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not to thread jack, but if the new one does work that they send you would you mind posting the results, I was contemplating waiting on the T1R but if its like this I'm not down. what did it end up costing you to get that over here to the US?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll definitely post an impression if I get it up and running. And, I wouldn't rule out the T1R by any means just because of the sensor -- it works just fine using the tube and gets great results from the charts, plus it's gonna be very reasonable from what I hear. My only beef with the tube is aesthetic, not function. As for price, the PowerBox worked out to $453 total shipped by EMS, which took 2 days to get here. $100 of that was for shipping alone, but you may be able to request a somewhat slower service at a lower price.

KoolKevin1107: In truth, I'd feel kinda weird selling it off and making a buck on something LS did out of their own goodness, plus it may not be mine to sell as they may want it returned in exchange. We'll have to see what they say when the new one comes.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i hear u bro don't worry. If they do decide 2 take it back its cool but if you do want to sell it, i'll definitely take it off ur hands for a buck

definitely post the results. I want either the last station or the T1R one. I still have to get the Aspec forced induction box test-fitted and dyno'd on my whip.