Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Listening to music via AUX cable Honda Jazz 2012

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2024, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Listening to music via AUX cable Honda Jazz 2012

Hi everyone,

Can I listen to music from my phone in an old 2012 Honda?

I just bought an old Honda Jazz 2012 and I wanted to connect my phone to listen to music. Below is a picture of how my dash board looks like. I bought a USB C to Aux cable and tried to connect but it doesn't work. I also bought a cable that is plugged next to the charging outlet(picture below) which also didn't work connected with USB to C cable. I tried both iphone and samsung android. Long story short I could not make music run from any phone. Is it possible to do that in such an old car? I saw that they sell some Bluetooth devices that you can connect to your phone and car but I didn't want to invest in another thing that might end up not working too.

Old 09-09-2024, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Listening to music via AUX cable Honda Jazz 2012

Switch to Aux(press the button) and it should work. Check volume on phone.
Old 09-13-2024, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by oitar
Switch to Aux(press the button) and it should work. Check volume on phone.
Hey Oitar,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried that, but when I click the aux button I don't hear any music and what I see on the display is in the pictures below (it changes every time I press but it is those 3 messages I get). I made sure that the volume is increased on both the car and phone. The pictures are from today with my iphone. I remember that when I tried plugging a samsung android one of the messages was different but still not working. If you have any other ideas or places I could read/ask please share with me.

Old 09-13-2024, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The one that says"AUX" on the display is obviously the right one. Mine actually automatically changes to aux as soon as I insert the cable into the radio.
Things that you should check:
1. plug headphones/earphones in your phone while playing music and make sure you hear sound
2.if above checks, with the cable inserted into the radio, the aux showing on the display, and volume about 10, touch the plug on the other side of the cable. Do you hear noise?
3.if not, cable might be damaged, try swapping sides/different cable. If all checks, there is no reason not to hear sound from your phone
Old 09-15-2024, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oitar, guessing from your explanations I think you use Aux to Aux, is this right? My phone is iphone 15 so I bought aux to usb C from aliexpress and I thought that might be the problem. I have an old samsung phone back. Do you think I should try ordering aux to aux and try with the samsung?

I will try tomorrow what you have suggested: "2.if above checks, with the cable inserted into the radio, the aux showing on the display, and volume about 10, touch the plug on the other side of the cable. Do you hear noise?" But just to make sure I understood correctly: I touch the usb C metal part with my finger and according to you I should hear some noises from there right?
Old 09-15-2024, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 195 Likes on 166 Posts

It won't work with a USB cable. You need a bluetooth adaptor that plugs into the aux port.
Old 09-15-2024, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AnetaStoyanova
Oitar, guessing from your explanations I think you use Aux to Aux, is this right? My phone is iphone 15 so I bought aux to usb C from aliexpress and I thought that might be the problem. I have an old samsung phone back. Do you think I should try ordering aux to aux and try with the samsung?

I will try tomorrow what you have suggested: "2.if above checks, with the cable inserted into the radio, the aux showing on the display, and volume about 10, touch the plug on the other side of the cable. Do you hear noise?" But just to make sure I understood correctly: I touch the usbC metal part with my finger and according to you I should hear some noises from there right?
Aux-to-aux should be available at any pc shop. Yes, I was presuming that you've been using one.
The test that you hear noise will only work with one of these, because you would be touching the "active" pin. On a usbC-to-aux it will not work, because the exposed metal part on the usbC plug is the negative(chassis) ground.

I don't know why your usbC-to-aux cable doesn't work, maybe in your phone settings you'll need to specify that the audio output should go through usb? The samsung phone should work fine.
Old 09-15-2024, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oitar,

I have Jabra headphones at work what have a ucb C connector to the PC (see pic below) and I plugged it to both phones trough the USB C today and it worked. I could hear music on the samsung and iphone from the head set and I made sure that the Bluetooth is disconnected, anyway I have never used it with the phones so I don't think it can automatically connect to them. So I think this rules out that the audio setting might not being set to usb C on the samsung phone.
Then I was thinking, maybe the aux output of the car is not good? But this one I might be able to test with what you have suggested right? I can buy aux to aux today from a store close to work. Do you think that if I connect an aux to aux in the car increase to 10 and then perform the touch test you described that would be an indication that everything on the car side is working well? Because if it is, maybe I can try buying what Chrisfrom1986 said: a Bluetooth adaptor that connects to the aux of the car.