Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 11:11 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having some issues with my 2007 Honda LX Automatic transmission....

I have had ongoing issues since the get go...

the initial major issues: I would be driving along and it would start acting up.. lose power, the engine light would come on and flash... but it never tripped any fault codes.. Honda kept the car ultimately a mechanic driving it until it reproduced the behavior because at that time it was intermittent. It was at that time deemed to be the torque converter and transmission, along with three bad engine ignitor coils... after all that was done.. thankfully under extended warrranty.. ( although Honda fought me on that claiming had never purchased it) The car seemed ok.... and it was up until last week.. I had to decelerate quickly to avoid hitting a deer, and then once I started to drive away again the car engine/transmission ( not sure what) revved really high commanded then the car jerked as if it was a manual and the clutch was popping... did that several times and the engine light came on.. I pulled over in to the nearest safe spot and called for a tow truck.. ( as per the suggestion in the owners manual) They towed it to the local garage ( I go there as it's no longer under warranty and given the crap service I got from my local dealer) anyways... they scanned it and it came up with the fault code P2646 which comes up as the rocker arm oil pressure switch, they replaced that but that has not resolved the issue..

NOW.. when when I tried driving .. the car jerks almost violently as if it's switching gears, the engine light came on, and the D flashes, and the power steering light came on, and the speedometer stopped working... the engine rpm gauge fluctuating oddly.... it is back at the garage, they are baffled by the problems..they have never encountered it before, they have been in touch with Honda who claim to of not had issues either.. so I am throwing out there.. anyone else ever had anything like this???
Old 11-28-2014, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

With that many codes at the same time and several problems the first thing I would check is to see if rodents have been eating the insulation on your wiring harness and things are shorting out from bare wires. This problem has been found on several hondas because they use soy in the wire coating and mice love it.