Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

CRV rear diff question

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 07:00 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: CRV rear diff question

You want the world's quickest / fastest CR-V? You don't say... Now I want it. Maybe it is time for me to beat on my vehicle after all and up the boost!? Haha... but really, are you looking for Drag racing or circuit type racing? Maybe we could share - you could have one and I will take the other? (No circuit tracks around me that I know of. )
Old 01-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by N3va3vaSatisfi3d
You want the world's quickest / fastest CR-V? You don't say... Now I want it. Maybe it is time for me to beat on my vehicle after all and up the boost!? Haha... but really, are you looking for Drag racing or circuit type racing? Maybe we could share - you could have one and I will take the other? (No circuit tracks around me that I know of. )
Look at my sig...you think I'm into circuit racing??? lol (there isnt any road courses within 5 hours of me lolol) I did do some "time attack" style racing this last summer at an oval track that we raced on the banks, and down through the infield...but thats as close as I get to doing actual road course racing.

this last year I autox'd my crv 3 times, ran 2 hillclimbs, and 1 time attack style event....and drag raced it 3 times. (drag raced pre-motor swap...and drag racing slow cars just isnt my thing lol)

this next year I plan to attend both local hillclimbs again, and couple autox, with a couple time attacks. probably wont drag race until im boosted.

but yes, the main reason I bought this crv was to shatter the drag race record. As far as I have seen (reference my "who has the fastest crv" thread) 13.0 is the fastest ET that i've come across...and I believe the mph was like 113. Thats the times inline pro ran years ago in their snowplow crv lol.

I'm always down for some competition! That would push me to get out in the cold *** garage and actually get some work done haha. I was the first person in the nation to go over 400whp on vitaras...and at the time JFK78 and I had some really good ET/MPH and WHP battles going on back and forth...a little friendly competition always makes for good times

I think our setups are pretty close...I probably have the edge when it comes to all out HP (sleeved, forged internal 2.0 liter ls/vtec vs forged internal 1.8l gsr) but you have a much nicer turbo than I do (gt35r vs BB 60-1) But I think the difference will come down to driver, and drivetrain....Thats where my build will shine

Old 01-06-2012, 10:22 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Haha... It's settled then - we shall see. The worst part is the nearest dyno from me is around 4 hours away so I am not sure if I will be doing all that. The nearest track is an hour so we shall see... Hmm, just because I don't beat my vehicle to death doesn't mean I can't drive.

Something I find funny is we have the same vehicles ('98 RT4WD 5-Speeds) except your is green and mine is black. One area I am sure you have me in is weight. I sit around 300lbs at 6'6" so I will have to turn up the boost 1lb to compensate... (I crack myself up sometimes, HAHA...) I will have 100% full interior / weight including tow hitch, rear table, street tires, and spare full size wheel whenever I get my time. I don't like shedding weight and getting numbers - I like to know exactly how the vehicle will perform when I am driving it on the street in my street vehicles. You have made me want to do some things with that simple comment that is for sure. I have some stuff done that I would like to think I am the only one that has done it (nothing special). I never really thought that there was this much interest in these slugs; so I never came into this Forum.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by N3va3vaSatisfi3d
Haha... It's settled then - we shall see. The worst part is the nearest dyno from me is around 4 hours away so I am not sure if I will be doing all that. The nearest track is an hour so we shall see... Hmm, just because I don't beat my vehicle to death doesn't mean I can't drive.

Something I find funny is we have the same vehicles ('98 RT4WD 5-Speeds) except your is green and mine is black. One area I am sure you have me in is weight. I sit around 300lbs at 6'6" so I will have to turn up the boost 1lb to compensate... (I crack myself up sometimes, HAHA...) I will have 100% full interior / weight including tow hitch, rear table, street tires, and spare full size wheel whenever I get my time. I don't like shedding weight and getting numbers - I like to know exactly how the vehicle will perform when I am driving it on the street in my street vehicles. You have made me want to do some things with that simple comment that is for sure. I have some stuff done that I would like to think I am the only one that has done it (nothing special). I never really thought that there was this much interest in these slugs; so I never came into this Forum.
Nice! I like where this is going

I also refuse to remove anything from my cars in order to go faster. the two cars in my sig were 100% full interior as it came from Honda and then some (Subs, box, Amps etc) I will also be on street tires, (probably not going to run on 18's as it makes the gear ratio's unfavorable to drag racing) and will be running an 18" spare lol. I weighed mine this summer, (same as how you see it in my build thread) and its 3280lbs. thats without me in it, and 3/4 tank of gas. (I am 5'7", 160lbs)

I think I finally have some motivation to hit the garage this weekend and get some work done
Old 04-05-2018, 09:55 PM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by fast2camciv
Nice! I like where this is going
Lol