Notices

Mugen engine mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen engine mounts?

i got a set of mugen mounts from kingmotorsports but the mounts look exactly like the stock ones. is that how they're supposed to look like?
Old 05-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Mugen engine mounts?

post some pics. other wise we have no idea what they look like
Old 05-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive search and found out that they made mounts for DC5, S2K, CTR...

Last edited by FOMULA91; 05-06-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

yup, theyre exactly alike, but made of MUCH stiffer rubber...

theyre called "hard rubber mounts".... go figure.

OEM quality, higher performance = MUGEN
Old 05-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Probably alot of money and not as good as others probably half the cost what a waste. But if you are a true JDMer HAHAHAHA then you would get them
Old 05-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mjfubar101
Probably alot of money and not as good as others probably half the cost what a waste. But if you are a true JDMer HAHAHAHA then you would get them
I've been using a set of these for years and love them!

A waste would be believing all the "tuner companies" have the funding and resources to back a product like Honda... Mugen - Honda - family business!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok they are motor mounts and probably work, Never said they wouldnt what I am saying is how much stiffer are they than stock... Could you just get some poly and fill the mounts you have and have better result maybe. Or depending on the cost of the mugen one (which everything I have seen from mugen is stupid expensive) you could probably bu something of the same quality for a lesser cost.

I dont know much but when I look at these they look like stock mounts to me... for $253

And these are hasport for $242 and they are stock replacements... or for a swap B $324, H $607, K $607
Old 05-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok they are motor mounts and probably work, Never said they wouldnt what I am saying is how much stiffer are they than stock... Could you just get some poly and fill the mounts you have and have better result maybe. Or depending on the cost of the mugen one (which everything I have seen from mugen is stupid expensive) you could probably bu something of the same quality for a lesser cost.

I dont know much but when I look at these they look like stock mounts to me... for $253

And these are hasport for $242 and they are stock replacements... or for a swap B $324, H $607, K $607
…ahh, ignorance is bliss!

Each to their own on this one, but given the choice I’d take Spoon or Mugen mounts over the aftermarket ones any day. I was even willing to buy an EF9 front clip just to get the factory chassis mounts and buy Mugen mounts from Japan, but it fell through. I have Innovative mounts that are way too stiff, so I’ll just have to get used to it…

“(which everything I have seen from mugen is stupid expensive)” open mount insert foot. The problem with most Honda kids is they want to go fast and be cool without paying for it.

This goes back to the classic camshaft debate. Why would I spend that much on a set of cams when I can go buy x or y brand for half the price?

If you want to go into the engineering side of things hit me up!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh gosh, there is a difference in paying for quality parts and overpaying for something for a name, Honda kids now thats hilarious.
Engineering side of things huh, well do explain your answer then, why are they better than the aftermarket? No opinions just facts.

PS I have some stock mounts laying around if you want to buy them for 150 thats almost a steal then.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Mfubar please just stop it.

These are HARDER RUBBER than stock. I guess you missed that part. I would buy these before hasport or innovate replacement mounts anyday. They will outlast either of them 2x. I guess you don't like them because they're not blingy
Old 05-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh gosh, there is a difference in paying for quality parts and overpaying for something for a name, Honda kids now thats hilarious.
Engineering side of things huh, well do explain your answer then, why are they better than the aftermarket? No opinions just facts.

PS I have some stock mounts laying around if you want to buy them for 150 thats almost a steal then.
“Honda kids now thats hilarious”

- It is. What’s the average age group driving Honda’s?

“Engineering side of things huh, well do explain your answer then, why are they better than the aftermarket? No opinions just facts.”

- Where do you want me to start?

“PS I have some stock mounts laying around if you want to buy them for 150 thats almost a steal then.”

- I guess that sums up everything, but I’ll still continue. FYI: We can and will battle this all day if you want...

Let me ask a few questions.

Q: Who has - or in our case had - the money and resources for the research and development that went into our cars?

Q: Who has more years racing and winning history than some of the main companies in Japan?

Q: How long have some of the US companies been in business and what are the backgrounds they are using to support their product?

I'm not saying the aftermarket replacement mounts aren't good, but they are lacking in the engineering department...

If I really wanted to I could sit down and do the same thing.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Honda kids now thats hilarious”

- It is. What’s the average age group driving Honda’s?
Yea I understand that I have been at the game myself for over 8 years. Some/most havent been alive that long it seems.

“Engineering side of things huh, well do explain your answer then, why are they better than the aftermarket? No opinions just facts.”

- Where do you want me to start?
Where ever you would like?

“PS I have some stock mounts laying around if you want to buy them for 150 thats almost a steal then.”

- I guess that sums up everything, but I’ll still continue. FYI: We can and will battle this all day if you want...
Sure why not I am not doing anything until 2:00 today haha.

Let me ask a few questions.

Q: Who has - or in our case had - the money and resources for the research and development that went into our cars?
Obviously honda/mugen has money and time but they are limited in the performance that they can put into their products because of the standards that are held by OEM type products. They cannot release parts that the aftermarket would be able to if they wanted to keep the OEM feel similar to SPT for subaru or mazdaspeed for mazda.

Q: Who has more years racing and winning history than some of the main companies in Japan?
I honestly dont know, assuming you are making a point.

Q: How long have some of the US companies been in business and what are the backgrounds they are using to support their product?

Various, obviously I cannot answer the question just as you couldnt answer me how many years engineers at honda have been working in the industry.

I'm not saying the aftermarket replacement mounts aren't good, but they are lacking in the engineering department...
What are they lacking?

If I really wanted to I could sit down and do the same thing.

Businesses like hasport I believe have spend time and money on their mounts and making them very useful in the racing world, they support the people that want to utilize bigger motors and high outputing engines that are used in various racing stardards.

A big part of this discussion is based on whether you are racing, DD or a combination of the two as well as what the power output of the motor being used. I don't have a clue what the exact specs of the stock mounts, mugen mounts or hasports mount would be able to withstand. Each will have pluses and minuses ranging from vibration to motor movement, your setup with dictate which would be more appropriate for your application.

I know from experiance that stock mounts werent able to withstand the torcture of the track that I put them through and my hasport mount were, with that said a person could easily fill the stocks with poly and they might be able to withstand longer or indefinately but I do not know. I also know that hasports mount increase noise and vibration over stock but allow less movement so that allows for cleaner shifting as the tranny and motor isnt moving during shifts.
PS. I dont want a pissy whinning thing, keep it clean and as factual as possible. I mean you are the engineer here.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

mugen is not the only option.

of course you can cheap out and do something yourself to make things stiffer. just search for my thread where i stiffened the front mount alone and got great results, especially for maintaining streetability.

if anyone wants hasport mounts, they have a great kit too. we use them on our racecar as well. direct fit. stiff as hell, but its a race car.

but why are you being an anti-jdm bitch? who mentioned that? mugen makes good products. whether you think its worth it or not, you have the choice to buy.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am not being anti JDM I am being anti moron who buys anything that says JDM to be cool thats what I cant stand just because it is JDM DOESNT MEAN ITS GOOD or well made.
i stiffened the front mount alone and got great results, especially for maintaining streetability.
Thats my point why buy any mounts at all when if you just want them a little stiffer when you can do something like that for well below the cost.
I might buy the mugen if they made a product that I wanted and it was at a price I deemed as acceptable. There is no such thing as a rip off if you think the part is worth the cost then it is to you.

Last edited by mjfubar101; 05-07-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also tyson we are just talking about the differences between the more experianced and larger company such as honda and a small newer company such as hasport, we are just exploring the engineering and structural differences as well as drivability as fitment of each.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its his money. not yours.

"keep it clean and as factual as possible."

whats with the whining? youre making lame and personal assumptions.

Mugen DOES mean its well made tho, i dont see on what possible ground you have to argue that, theyve got a proven track record with making high performance honda parts. again, whether you think its worth it or not, is totally up to you. but youve just come out and been whining about spending too much money on "jdm" parts. havent even said anything to support your whining.

yes they LOOK like stock, but they arent. ive had them in my hands too. theyre much stiffer, but use the stock molds.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh gosh

im dropping the price on these for a limited time.
$1100 SHIPPED :O
13x5.5", not 6". -38 offset.

A set of 13s for that price, honestly I love the rims and think they are awesome but I wouldnt pay that amount sorry. When did I say Mugen didnt mean well made. I said JDM doesnt mean well made.
Are they stiff enough to use in your race car?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im down for listening to facts, not opinions and personal remarks.

probably what? we are talking about mugen mounts. what do you know about mugen mounts?

what do you know about any other mounts?

i know several ppl who used mugen mounts on their ITA or NASA H4/H2/H1 race car. the benefit of them was actually kind of funny because aftermarket motor mounts are not specifically legal in IT, so looking like stock was a benefit. in NASA, engine mounts are free. and hasport only recently made stock replacements (we got ours directly from hasport, personally delivered by briang, thanks!). and they work great too.

btw, energy suspension also makes inserts for $20. also makes a dramatic affect, but only in the fore/aft direction. personally, not streetable for me.

ok, you win, mugen is overpriced. do you have anything else to say? cuz thats all i hear you whining about.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for bumping my for sale.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tyson
im down for listening to facts, not opinions and personal remarks.

probably what? we are talking about mugen mounts. what do you know about mugen mounts?

what do you know about any other mounts?

i know several ppl who used mugen mounts on their ITA or NASA H4/H2/H1 race car. the benefit of them was actually kind of funny because aftermarket motor mounts are not specifically legal in IT, so looking like stock was a benefit. in NASA, engine mounts are free. and hasport only recently made stock replacements (we got ours directly from hasport, personally delivered by briang, thanks!). and they work great too.

btw, energy suspension also makes inserts for $20. also makes a dramatic affect, but only in the fore/aft direction. personally, not streetable for me.

ok, you win, mugen is overpriced. do you have anything else to say? cuz thats all i hear you whining about.

Gosh what a baby, if you didnt understand we are waiting to hear from an engineer about the differences, as you stated before you filled a mount and made a difference that was cheap, so why didnt you go with the mugens? I know nothing about mugen mounts I have never owned a set all I have had was stock and hasport, hence why I asked for an answer. So they used mugen because they cant use aftermarket so what it sounds like you are telling me is that they would use the aftermarket but they are not allowed by the class that they are in so you are saying that they are limited to use a stock looking but not saying that they are better or worse...
Just because your JDM parts are being questioned doesnt mean you need to cry it will be ok. I understand that you think WHINNING is asking questions and trying to find out information.

Thats a good statement something useful, another cheap solution for someone wanting to stiffen the mounts but not wanting to spend alot of money.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey they are nice just out of most peoples price range.
Hit em up
FS: Mugen CF-48 13x5.5 -38 Wheels *NIB*
http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2189212
Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

riiight. im so glad we're all about being mature here... its great to hear from you. i quoted your FIRST comment btw.

fastest track record at willow springs, buttonwillow, cal speedway and sears point was made with mugens on board.

were they worth it? i guess they were for him.

thing is that these mounts were available 20 years ago when no other aftermarket parts were available for hondas. its the same product as back then. if others have come along to provide a competitive product, well no surprise.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Gosh what a baby, if you didnt understand we are waiting to hear from an engineer about the differences, as you stated before you filled a mount and made a difference that was cheap, so why didnt you go with the mugens? I know nothing about mugen mounts I have never owned a set all I have had was stock and hasport, hence why I asked for an answer. So they used mugen because they cant use aftermarket so what it sounds like you are telling me is that they would use the aftermarket but they are not allowed by the class that they are in so you are saying that they are limited to use a stock looking but not saying that they are better or worse...
Just because your JDM parts are being questioned doesnt mean you need to cry it will be ok. I understand that you think WHINNING is asking questions and trying to find out information.

Thats a good statement something useful, another cheap solution for someone wanting to stiffen the mounts but not wanting to spend alot of money.
"if you didnt understand we are waiting to hear from an engineer about the differences" You'll have to forgive me as I lost interest in the topic. I might go into it more this evening, but Tyson did a good job picking up where I left off.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

he's trying hard to deflect attention to his lame remarks.

anyway, OP's question was answered in the 3rd reply. this thread has been worthless after that.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh ok, yea I know both did a great job answering all my questions, thanks guys. Don't worry about it 01-0041 its a lost cause no one on here cares about specs or actual information to begin with.

Quick Reply: Mugen engine mounts?