Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/tell-us-what-you-did-your-eg-ek-del-sol-today-3089629/)

vince972 08-20-2013 06:26 AM

Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

i have a 97 ek hatch here in dallas, axis ogs 15x8 +25, with a ek9 ctr front end that im actually sellin, complete front end all original, had a b20 in it but might go k... grip royal steering wheel, nrg hub, purple nrg version 2.5 quick release. sellin al the steering wheel stuff also. but yea so far thats what i have...

sweesiong78 08-20-2013 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by vince972 (Post 49073329)
i have a 97 ek hatch here in dallas, axis ogs 15x8 +25, with a ek9 ctr front end that im actually sellin, complete front end all original, had a b20 in it but might go k... grip royal steering wheel, nrg hub, purple nrg version 2.5 quick release. sellin al the steering wheel stuff also. but yea so far thats what i have...

this is not hondamarketplace.........

pliskin8 08-20-2013 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oil change, installed tail lights and also headliner (redone in suede) that I picked up yesterday at a pic a part

nealnanoHX 08-20-2013 05:13 PM

Not today but a few days ago I changed my MTF with Honda MT fluid and installed new OEM spark plug wires clips. Today I modified my JDM Sport UCAs to fit Blox competition upper ball joints and I cut out the old rubber bushings in prep for polyurethane bushings up front.

SozeHuck 08-20-2013 08:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Bye bye Orange fender and broken headlight frame. Finally biggest eyesore gone.

Also replaced fuel filter,main relay, dizzy cap, primary coil and igniter .... after a week of anger, hopefully no more random stalls.

mx73lol 08-20-2013 10:20 PM

Found the head lights......they were in a box.

gzes 08-21-2013 07:39 AM

Did fogs in my sol yesterday
http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5f391bf6.jpg

sweesiong78 08-23-2013 09:52 PM

replaced my A/C idle pulley as in this TSB:

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/civic/x00-003e.pdf

purgat0ry 08-24-2013 09:58 AM

Pulled the RTA's off of my 92 cx, prepping for rear disc swap.
E-brake lines are the last things holding me in.

I nearly killed my MAP tank while heating the stupid Toe bolts up to loosen them up as well :hammer:

bks84 08-24-2013 10:07 AM

Yesterday...

Replaced my 40 micron summit inline filter with a 10 micron from Earls. Also got rid of the banjo bolt on top of the tank in favor of a m12x1.25 to -6an 90º fitting per Aeromotive's advice.

Then I pulled the injectors and their adapters and gave em a good cleaning.

Today...

I hunt down the coolant leak that sprung up on my way home and maybe install my Stack coolant gauge.

kawigreenninja1 08-24-2013 11:37 AM

Today i changed out the complete interior of my 97 four door including dash from a 2000 civic. Fml

MyDad'sCivic 08-24-2013 12:49 PM

Gave her a wash

JC_1118 08-24-2013 01:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 334526

Attachment 334527Finally got some time to work on my 93 Del Sol Si. Since this car was a shell, I am replacing everything that was (and wasn't) included with the car when I bought it. Suspension & All Around Brake Upgrade.

Full Suspension/Bushing Replacement Complete!

*Rear:

- Adj. Toe Kit
- Adj. Camber Kit
- Rear Trailing Arm Bushings
- Springs
- Struts
- LCA's
- ASR Sub frame Brace
- ASR Sway Bar
- End Links

*Front

- Lower Control Arm & Bushings
- Upper Camber Kit & Bushings
- Ball Joints
- Inner & Outer Tie Rod Ends
- OEM Sway Bar End links
- OEM Sway Bar Bushings
- Springs
- Struts

11" front brake upgrade (11" rotors, Caliper relocation bracket, Integra Calipers, SS lines).

10.9" rear brake upgrade 99% complete :|

Rear hard line flare nuts are stripped. (10.9" rotors, Caliper relocation bracket, Del Sol Si calipers, SS lines).

Now I can move on to body work...

94_gsr_civic 08-24-2013 04:01 PM

Came to the conclusion at one point of my 94 civics existence it was stolen and stripped. Over the past few weeks I've owned it things were adding up towards my conclusion. Car is a 94 manual according to the vin #. Title is clear and not salvaged but here is what makes me think it was stripped at one point. It has a gsr swap with a gsr transmission, engine wire harness is from a auto civic, full gsr aftermarket exhaust, OBD1 P72 ecu, manual dash wire harness, auto civic cluster, gsr front seats, gsr front brakes, braided stainless steel brake lines, stock civic drum brakes(why go threw all the swapping of intergra stuff and not do the intergra rear disks), gsr suspension front and rear, stereo wires all cut(could have been previous owners install) oem civic steering wheel replaced and wires cut off flush at the wheel, power mirrors replaced with non power mirrors , ignition key doesn't match door,trunk key and lastly I found glass under the carpet when I was cleaning it out.

Well I guess its not a bad thing because at least they replaced all the civic stuff with good stuff.

grumblemarc 08-24-2013 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by JC_1118 (Post 49085656)
Full Suspension/Bushing Replacement Complete!
Now I can move on to body work...

Actually move back to the rear suspension and get rid of that Blox junk. And I'm assuming you know that Beaks bar is strictly for looks right?

SozeHuck 08-24-2013 05:39 PM

+10HP for a beaks bar FTW!!!

jbpnoman 08-24-2013 10:52 PM

rofl I love it when people use a rear tie bar with a subframe brace...

94_gsr_civic 09-20-2013 08:02 PM

Installed an alarm in my civic today. A little late considering it was broke into last Sunday night and everything was taken.

HOMEMADEPOWER 09-20-2013 08:27 PM

Wash wax n polish my hatch by hand

bks84 09-21-2013 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by grumblemarc (Post 49085935)
Actually move back to the rear suspension and get rid of that Blox junk. And I'm assuming you know that Beaks bar is strictly for looks right?

I use Blox LCA's on my Civic... with hardrace bushings. HHAAHAAAA

Originally Posted by jbpnoman (Post 49086465)
rofl I love it when people use a rear tie bar with a subframe brace...

shits pretty comical. stupid ricers.

DumpdEJ6 09-21-2013 07:24 AM

FINALLY got my wheels on the car...bought 16x8 +20 Grid-V's, the company sent me 3 Grid-V's and 1 Grid Offroad, lol. So had to wait for the last wheel to come in, then take them to the powder coater for a coat of Candy Purple, then getting the tires mounted and road force balanced, then rolling the fenders and fine-tuning the fitment and ride height, then getting a Firestone Lifetime Alignment (so worth it). I give you...the next stage in my EJ6's life! Still lots of things to replace and complete, but its getting there, slowly but surely.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps0d62d907.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...pse36c440f.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...psb57c8385.jpg

Dat ass!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps0babb49c.jpg

pnwjdm 09-21-2013 08:15 AM

Clean her out really. Also took out the CTR cluster so if anyone wants one pm! Lol

jbpnoman 09-21-2013 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ryd2TheMax (Post 49158411)

You know your back right tire is mounted backwards, right? :thud:

DumpdEJ6 09-21-2013 05:43 PM

SON OF A BITCH. Lol it's dark and raining out, but as soon as I read that and looked at the picture I had to go double check...and by god if those idiots didn't mount the thing backwards. The other 3 are good. I'm headed back there in the morning. *shakes fist*

Good eye, thanks jbpnoman!

jbpnoman 09-21-2013 10:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Ryd2TheMax (Post 49159299)
SON OF A BITCH. Lol it's dark and raining out, but as soon as I read that and looked at the picture I had to go double check...and by god if those idiots didn't mount the thing backwards. The other 3 are good. I'm headed back there in the morning. *shakes fist*

Good eye, thanks jbpnoman!

rofl yeah man.

Started working on my replacement fenders and bumper today.

Started off with surface rust all over them, looked like this.
Attachment 529697

Used a random orbital sander and some 100 grit, got it down to bare metal.
Attachment 529698

And to keep them protected from rust until a real paint job, Plastidip! One can = one fender, for anyone curious. No, it isn't dry in that picture. Dry finish came out as an even, matte black. Basically, a little bit shinier than primer, and water-tight, unlike primer, which is porous.
Attachment 529699

Got both fenders done today, hopefully doing the bumper tomorrow and bolting it all up. The hood will just be a bonus if it happens this weekend.