Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rota/Hubcentric ring question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: Rota/Hubcentric ring question (joe_bocc)

just about NO wheel (other than stock) fits any stock hub w/o rings... you don't NEED them as I said I don't have them on my heliums and there is NO problem... if you use lugcentric lugs they they're even less neccisary... it's a GOOD precaution though..

for the specific one just CALL THE MANUFACTURER... they will know FOR SURE... no doubt at all.. and they'll tell you a retailer that sells them.. usually giving you a part number and all.. makes it MUCH Easier than asking and hoping here.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:11 AM
H-T Poker champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rota/Hubcentric ring question (NonovUrbizniz)

Yah.. When i bought my slipstreams from Matt he told me i will need to get hubcentric rings, but i forgot. No probs so far.. had the wheels on my car for about 9 months.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just about NO wheel (other than stock) fits any stock hub w/o rings... you don't NEED them as I said I don't have them on my heliums and there is NO problem... if you use lugcentric lugs they they're even less neccisary... it's a GOOD precaution though..

for the specific one just CALL THE MANUFACTURER... they will know FOR SURE... no doubt at all.. and they'll tell you a retailer that sells them.. usually giving you a part number and all.. makes it MUCH Easier than asking and hoping here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what lugs are lugcentric? i have 15 in. rota c8's with gorilla lugs, dunno if that helps.. when i got my rims, all that was in the box was the center caps and the rims, are they supposed to come with the rings?
Old 05-23-2003, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rota/Hubcentric ring question (Wazup)

http://www.machiii.net has the rings, too.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rota/Hubcentric ring question (Wazup)

I was going to edit that...

even if the lugs (gorilla's are I believe) lugcentric... it's more important that the wheel was designed so either will do... if it's designed to be hubcentric then you "need" the rings... if it can be centered via the lugs or the hub you can just use lugcentric lugs.... any aftermarket lug is generally lugcentric... they're the cone shaped lugs as opposed to stock acorn style lugs.

lugcentric is just a matter of how tight the tolerances are on the lug cone... if they're even then it pushes the wheel into place.. if they're crooked then it just hold the wheel in place.

just fyi (and this is not a recomendation merely information) I am running hubcentric wheels with stock (non-lugcentric) lugs and NO hubrings with NO problems... as i said in a previous post... if there is a problem you'll know it vibrates the crap out of the whole car (depending on how bad it is) at high speeds similar to poorly balanced wheels...

It's definately worth the 2 minute phone call/email to rota to get the exact ring you need and where you can get them... even if it's just for piece of mind.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:35 PM

try mach iii since they are local, btw how you like the rims?
Old 05-24-2003, 02:16 PM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: Rota/Hubcentric ring question (kr1s79)

are these absolutly necessary?? i have C8s coming next week.. i dunno if i'll have problems. i need to know so i can order. i mean the wheels isn't going to fall off or handle bad will it?? thanxx
Old 05-24-2003, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rota/Hubcentric ring question (eh3 93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eh3 93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">try matt @ http://www.1201aeromotiv.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's where I got mine. BTW, they have the aluminum hub rings that don't melt when roadracing ot autoxing like the plastic ones. Just put antiseize compound on them when you install them and they won't get stuck.
Old 05-24-2003, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rota/Hubcentric ring question (spock_rocker)

c8's are one of those high priced wheels right?

If you're spending big bucks on wheels I'd spend the little bucks to make sure they mount and seat properly... whatever the manufacturer recomends I'd follow to the tee.

If you read my posts it's kinda clear... sometimes you can get away w.o but WHY?

I do because I ordered them once got the wrong ones and never followed through cuz there isn't a problem but I will get them eventually and it's probobly dumb not to just get it done with. Order them now so you don't, not do it.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Rota/Hubcentric ring question (kr1s79)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kr1s79 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">try mach iii since they are local, btw how you like the rims? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Rims are great, someone hit my car saturday though so I don't have any pics with them on the car....
Old 10-31-2003, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rota/Hubcentric ring question (kommon_sense)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kommon_sense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Go to prestigewheel and start at the main page. You will see a link for hub rings, then you pick your wheel, then you pick your hub diameter (56.15). You enter 4 in the quantity box. </TD></TR></TABLE>

do all honda's (or more specifically civics/integras) have a 56.15 mm hub diameter?
Old 10-31-2003, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Rota/Hubcentric ring question (phantom_sol)

http://www.prestigewheel.com is where you want to get em from.
30 bucks for 4 composite rings that will fit your rotas and stock hub perfectly - they wont melt or sieze.