Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Define Ricer

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2022, 06:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Icon3 Define Ricer

I”ve been hearing the term “ricer” ever since I was exposed to the car culture and got my first car. Of course, back then I didn’t understand what that meant. I was 16 when I got my first “Honda” (Acura Integra). So it would be correct for me to wear the target that many car enthusiasts want to put on Honda owners which is being a ricer. On top of that, I’m Asian.

So, I’m 31 now and I’ve barely began to bring together my experiences and reasoning behind why someone would call someone else a ricer.

Here’s the definition that I’ve come up with:

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Ricer (noun)

:a person who modifies their car beyond purposeful, logical and/or tasteful functionality

(adjective)

:a style that goes beyond purposeful, logical and/or tasteful functionality

Example of ricer in a sentence

Here come’s that ricer in his Honda.

That Honda is so ricer.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Here’s my point.

We’ve come to a point in society that everyone is trying to accept everybody and I think that’s great. We’ve done a great job at catering to people’s feelings and making excuses for them so that they can feel good about their decision (I originally wrote “stupid decisions” but times have changed, right?).

How can someone call a Honda ricer when that automotive enthusiast wanted to jump into the car scene and could only afford that type of car at that time in their life. On top of that, the only mods they could afford for their budget car build are parts that were poorly replicated from the good researched and developed parts made by race companies.

It almost sounds like I’m making excuses for these ricers!

Let me point the finger at you and ask if you’ve ever like a titanium exhaust on your street car. I bet you thought having forged 3 piece wheels on a car that would never take advantage of the weight savings would be cool to have.

This is what has happened. The trash can exhausts and fast and furious body kits have only become slightly more cool looking and more expensive, which changed it’s perspective from ricer to bling bling.

Dear 16 year old me. Don’t take anyone’s opinions to heart. At the end of the day, everyone went home in their own cars and you enjoyed going home in yours. If you genuinely like what you’ve done and can say you’re not doing it for others, then you are on the right path. True happiness doesn’t need anyone else’s approval.

Old 03-31-2022, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Define Ricer

you mean dis? I’m a ricer now

Old 04-04-2022, 11:47 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So much rice in that picture!
Old 04-05-2022, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hold on, didnt you just say, "How can someone call a Honda ricer when that automotive enthusiast- blahblehbl."

im a ricer myself, so this discussion is gonna be entertaining.