Notices
Honda Accord 2018- Current This is the place to discuss all things Honda Accord related for the 2018- Current model year

2018 Accord service/shop manual

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2018 Accord service/shop manual

Proud new owner of a 2018 Accord Sport! Have always done my own maintenance on my cars, so I'm in the hunt for a service manual or any other source of tech info. I called Helm Inc., (publisher of Honda manuals in the past), and they no longer are making them for Honda. Called North American Honda; no good. Tried the local dealer where I bought the car; no good (they have their own on-line manual program only available to Honda mechanics). Word is that there are no printed manuals available for us backyard mechanics.

My question is then where do we go for info on doing our own work. Hoping someone has figured out how to get good tech help...
Thanks!
Old 09-27-2018, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2018 Accord service/shop manual

I agree it sucks, I wanted a factory service manual also and was told by Helm that they quit making them after the 2012 MY. I called Honda and they referred me to the following website: https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx

I have a '17 Accord Coupe that I would like torque specs etc. These mfgs. don't want you messing with your own car. They want you to take it back to the dealer.
Get out your credit card!
Old 09-28-2018, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey sivicman! Thanks for sharing. I found that site your referenced in my travels as well. Was a big let-down for sure. Don’t want something I have to renew. Just an “Old School” manual that I can buy one time and have to refer to whenever I need it. Get a little dirty along the way and “dogear” important pages.
Would even take some on-line PDF files if they were available somehow/somewhere. Don’t like this helpless feeling There’s got to be something out there for guys like us; hate to think we are a dying breed, but maybe it is a sign of the times, sad to say...
Old 09-29-2018, 03:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm "old school" too, and have had manuals on every vehicle I've owned. It would be nice to be able to see how to remove interior trim pieces and how many fasteners hold it on etc. Wiring diagrams would be nice also. I'm not subscribing to that website. I'd like to buy even a pirated copy on a DVD for reference.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm with ya! Hopefully somebody will chime in with some helpful information