Honda Accord (2013 - Current) 2013 - Current Honda Accord and Inspire

Sluggish Cranking

Old 06-08-2018, 05:55 PM
Trial User

Default Sluggish Cranking

Hey folks,

Trying to get some ideas here... My 2014 V6 EX-L is suddenly cranking extremely slow. It'll barely turn over when I press the button, after it struggles a bit. The battery is brand new, and my K&M air filter is cleaned. I am wondering if it's something possibly electrical. The problem just recently started, and after I drive it for a while, it'll crank normally if I make a stop. Also, no check engine light.

Thanks!

-tim
Old 06-08-2018, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sluggish Cranking

If it's brand new from walshart, just return it for a refund. OTW test it bc you don't know how new it really is/was.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tlabranche View Post
Hey folks,

Trying to get some ideas here... My 2014 V6 EX-L is suddenly cranking extremely slow. It'll barely turn over when I press the button, after it struggles a bit. The battery is brand new, and my K&M air filter is cleaned. I am wondering if it's something possibly electrical. The problem just recently started, and after I drive it for a while, it'll crank normally if I make a stop. Also, no check engine light.

Thanks!

-tim
Starter failures are extremely high with this MY vehicle......
Old 06-11-2018, 09:37 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

mitsuba are notorious for having starters that go out prematurely, especially if it's an automatic

i've had good luck with Pure Energy products at rockauto, after purchasing a reman you can buy a return label and print it out and just put your old back in the box that the starter comes in and just drop it off and you will get the core back

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ter+motor,4152