Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

windshield wiper issues?? wiring issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield wiper issues?? wiring issue

I pulled my bumper off yesterday to sand it and prep it for paint. After putting it all back together I noticed some things that were different. Here's the back story to my the whole thing. few winters ago the roads were snowy, long story short I hit a mailbox. In doing this the small nipple on the resevoir for the wiper fluid broke leaving nothing to hook the hose to. Not a big issue, I just didn't fill it with fluid and didn't use my washers. I also haven't gotten around to putting a light bulb in the new corner light.

Before I pulled the bumper yesterday, when turning on my left turn signal (where it got hit) it flashed normally. Now it is flashing quickly saying I have a light out, but there is no bulb in the socket. does this normally happen?

The bigger issue I found was that at random times while driving, my windshield wipers will activate 2 times, similar to what happens when activating the windshield washer. This has never happened before. It's getting more and more frequent.

My only thought is that it's a wiring issue somewhere up front but the only thing i've touched is the bumper light socket to remove it to pull the bumper, as well as the corner light sockets. Is the windshield washer wiring somehow connected down close to the resevoir? I'm not good with wiring, and lately with my quart of paint not matching my body color, the corner lights not fitting properly and just a ton of things that seem to not be going my way, i'm getting frustrated. If it's an easy fix I'm willing to go at it full force, but at this point i'm just leaning towards taking it to the auto class at a trade school in my town that will do it for the price of parts...

Any thoughts?
Old 04-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: windshield wiper issues?? wiring issue

Check the "ground block" on that side to be sure it is clean and tight.

EDIT: just to be sure, that would be G301
Attached Images