Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

1999 Accord w/ 300K miles!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Accord w/ 300K miles!

I was thinking about trading it in for my 2003 Crown Vic with 153K miles on it.
I guess the top part of the engine was rebuilt and the tranny was too.

Whatchu guys think? Is an EX with I think cloth seats. 2.3L 4 cyl.

I need advice!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:05 PM

Default Re: 1999 Accord w/ 300K miles! (TheShallot)

Don't do it, gas milage ftw.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:47 PM

Default Re: 1999 Accord w/ 300K miles! (Juanito)

HUH???? What does that mean?? Gas Mileage? FTW? I have no idea what that means.

Come on folks! I need help
Old 09-02-2008, 03:59 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are you nutz?

Old 09-02-2008, 04:20 PM

Are you trading the crown for the honda or the honda for the crown?
Old 09-02-2008, 04:27 PM

Default Re: 1999 Accord w/ 300K miles! (chuckys98)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chuckys98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you trading the crown for the honda or the honda for the crown?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im trading in the Vic for the 1999 Accord. Bad idea?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YeuEmMaiMai
&raquo;
</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you nutz?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No. Thanks for asking though.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

First the post seemed like you were wanting to trade your Accord for a Crown Vic.

I see you have the Crown Vic & your thinking about trading for an Accord with 300K.
How the hell does a 99 have 300k?
Old 09-02-2008, 04:51 PM

Depends on what kinda shape the honda is in. Your vic has half the miles the honda has. I was looking for a vic for a project when I found my accord a couple of weeks ago. Found a 1998 accord ex 5spd leather with 265,000 on the clock, and looks like it only has 65,000 miles. One owner with a 2 inch stack of records. So if you know the cars history and it is good, miles realy don't matter. Good luck with your decision. By the way, may I ask what the reason for wanting to trade?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:05 PM
He knows where you live!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: 1999 Accord w/ 300K miles! (JONESER)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JONESER &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First the post seemed like you were wanting to trade your Accord for a Crown Vic.

I see you have the Crown Vic & your thinking about trading for an Accord with 300K.
How the hell does a 99 have 300k?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pretty easily actually, I've easily put on 50k miles in less than a year.

I've owned my current accord since 170k, I'm now a hair under 220k and bought it last December
Old 09-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in my opinion the milage is pretty even considering honda motors last alot longer if maintained correctly ... but you gotta remember its not always all about milage ... its about how the car is taken care of too ...
Old 09-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what are you doing sitting on that dinosaur of steel!!??? Get rid of it at all costs before it falls apart and has no resale value.

If that honda is not what u expect find another for sale and buy it.

If it has been turned into a FRAKENSTEIN then dont waste your time, especially with that mileage.

Whatever you do, do yourself a favor and never buy another AMERICAN car again.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i love my honda but whats wrong with american cars besides being gas guzzlers?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:48 PM

Default Re: 1999 Accord w/ 300K miles! (lazyguy13)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazyguy13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what are you doing sitting on that dinosaur of steel!!??? Get rid of it at all costs before it falls apart and has no resale value.

If that honda is not what u expect find another for sale and buy it.

If it has been turned into a FRAKENSTEIN then dont waste your time, especially with that mileage.

Whatever you do, do yourself a favor and never buy another AMERICAN car again. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Its a FANTASTIC car! I really like the way it looks. Its also as reliable as a toyota or honda. At least that is what Consumer Reports said.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chuckys98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">By the way, may I ask what the reason for wanting to trade?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its a Police Interceptor and the gear ration is great for 0-45 MPH driving but after that it really burns the fuel. Extremely quick for a 4000 pound car especially 60-100. ZOOOOM!!!!! Anyhow Im starting to do a lot of highway driving and its eatting up my money. Plus I dont have enough money for snow tires (its rear wheel drive). Outside of that DONT knock that car! Drive one for 10 minutes and youre hooked!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (FunnyVictor86)

My mom has two cars: a 2002 caravan at 75k now, fully serviced from the dealership.

And a chrystler sebring 2004 with 30k on it. also fully serviced since day 1 at the dealership.

In the caravan she has had her heater go out on her at 60k
+all four tire pressure sensors fail and need replacement at about 35k(around a grand to replace)
+has a transmission problem that the dealership cannot figure out.(since 40k)
+has had power steering problems since day 1

The sebring has a problem where it dies randomly when driving around 10mph, she has brought it to the dealership at least 10 times and the problem persists.

Her a/c only works when the fan is on full blast(the part has been ordered)

the transmission shifts like crap.

And more stuff that i can't even remember. All in all she has had to invest more time + money into keeping her 30k chrystler on the road then i had to putting 150k on a 1995 civic that had 100k on it. And it never saw a mechanic once.

As well as both of her cars getting only bout 15- 20 MPG, while my 95 civic pulled 30 in the city all day.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lazyguy13)

I will absolutely never buy a vehicle from a company that dosent even know how to fix there own creation.

Yes, im sure it nice to drive but it comes down to the type of person you are. are you bothered by the incredible unpractical beast that is the american car?

or would you rather drive something that makes more sense in the long run?

And i know it sounds weird but your own health is a factor. Overweight people tend to buy American because they are built to accommodate that lifestyle.
While overweight people tend to not like honda because they are "too bumpy"
"not enough torque" Or "not big enough"

When really they are just saying "my fat body jiggles to much from bumps"
"the car is affected by my extra 150LBS and i dont like that"
Or "I need more room because im a giant blob with no plans on getting healthy"

Not sayin u r, just saying its definitely a factor.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:37 PM

Well a big car isnt made just for fat folks which I am not. But the car has a much different feel over the pavement. Consumer Reports rates most every Chrysler as a huge piece of junk. Seriously. Everyone that I have looked at. And I agree with you that most American cars are not of the quality of toyota and honda. A Crown Vic / Grand Marquis is as reliable as a Honda and Toyota. It even beat out the V6 2000 Accord. There are a few good cars made by American Automakers. Just not nearly enough. I had a Chevy that was the worst thing I ever had and it was NEW!!! The wiper flew off the windshield!!!! The trim came off the window moldings!!! Now that was PURE junk!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:02 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShallot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Its a FANTASTIC car! I really like the way it looks. Its also as reliable as a toyota or honda. At least that is what Consumer Reports said.

Its a Police Interceptor and the gear ration is great for 0-45 MPH driving but after that it really burns the fuel. Extremely quick for a 4000 pound car especially 60-100. ZOOOOM!!!!! Anyhow Im starting to do a lot of highway driving and its eatting up my money. Plus I dont have enough money for snow tires (its rear wheel drive). Outside of that DONT knock that car! Drive one for 10 minutes and youre hooked!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

crown vics are slow man......no way you are going to convince us otherwise...........but I do agree they are pretty solid reliable cars
Old 09-02-2008, 07:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazyguy13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I will absolutely never buy a vehicle from a company that dosent even know how to fix there own creation.

Yes, im sure it nice to drive but it comes down to the type of person you are. are you bothered by the incredible unpractical beast that is the american car?

or would you rather drive something that makes more sense in the long run?

And i know it sounds weird but your own health is a factor. Overweight people tend to buy American because they are built to accommodate that lifestyle.

Not sayin u r, just saying its definitely a factor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well you better rule out any V6 honda with an automatic trans then.......
Old 09-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheShallot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShallot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well a big car isnt made just for fat folks which I am not. But the car has a much different feel over the pavement. Consumer Reports rates most every Chrysler as a huge piece of junk. Seriously. Everyone that I have looked at. And I agree with you that most American cars are not of the quality of toyota and honda. A Crown Vic / Grand Marquis is as reliable as a Honda and Toyota. It even beat out the V6 2000 Accord. There are a few good cars made by American Automakers. Just not nearly enough. I had a Chevy that was the worst thing I ever had and it was NEW!!! The wiper flew off the windshield!!!! The trim came off the window moldings!!! Now that was PURE junk!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Agreed, there are a few of them.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:20 PM
He knows where you live!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: 1999 Accord w/ 300K miles! (YeuEmMaiMai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YeuEmMaiMai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

crown vics are slow man......no way you are going to convince us otherwise...........but I do agree they are pretty solid reliable cars</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not when reflashed with a Mustang GT ecu map

Rode in a friend's cop car haha, he had the ECU reflashed, it hauls
Old 09-03-2008, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShallot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Im trading in the Vic for the 1999 Accord. Bad idea?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Assuming that the Accord is automatic, I would not do it. Not only would you have a car with 300,000 miles, the transmission would be questionable.

Besides, why would the Honda owner want to get rid of it, picking up a Vic with 150,000 miles? Sell the Vic and buy a newer but used Accord - avoid Accords with automatic transmissions from '98 through '00 (or '01?). Or buy a Camry.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No. Thanks for asking though. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Just wanted to point out that normally people who are crazy don't realize that they are crazy.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:44 AM

Default Re: 1999 Accord w/ 300K miles! (Heat)

[QUOTE]
Not when reflashed with a Mustang GT ecu map

Rode in a friend's cop car haha, he had the ECU reflashed, it hauls
QUOTE]

Yup!!! Went to the drag strip from the folks at crownvic.net and let me tell ya, 0-60 in 6.6 seconds for a 4000lbs vehicle is pretty darn good without nitrous or other cheat mods. Plus there are a few that look great. Check it out: http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthr...04542
Old 09-03-2008, 05:45 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazyguy13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My mom has two cars: a 2002 caravan at 75k now, fully serviced from the dealership.

And a chrystler sebring 2004 with 30k on it. also fully serviced since day 1 at the dealership.

In the caravan she has had her heater go out on her at 60k
+all four tire pressure sensors fail and need replacement at about 35k(around a grand to replace)
+has a transmission problem that the dealership cannot figure out.(since 40k)
+has had power steering problems since day 1

The sebring has a problem where it dies randomly when driving around 10mph, she has brought it to the dealership at least 10 times and the problem persists.

Her a/c only works when the fan is on full blast(the part has been ordered)

the transmission shifts like crap.

And more stuff that i can't even remember. All in all she has had to invest more time + money into keeping her 30k chrystler on the road then i had to putting 150k on a 1995 civic that had 100k on it. And it never saw a mechanic once.

As well as both of her cars getting only bout 15- 20 MPG, while my 95 civic pulled 30 in the city all day.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

so... based off those experiences ALL American cars are crap?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazyguy13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And i know it sounds weird but your own health is a factor. Overweight people tend to buy American because they are built to accommodate that lifestyle.

Not sayin u r, just saying its definitely a factor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

again....

quit posting if all you are going to do is turn this into a import vs domestic argument.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShallot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was thinking about trading it in for my 2003 Crown Vic with 153K miles on it.
I guess the top part of the engine was rebuilt and the tranny was too.

Whatchu guys think? Is an EX with I think cloth seats. 2.3L 4 cyl.

I need advice! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Im sure you could sell the Crown Vic and pick up a 94-97 Accord with 1/2 the mileage of the '99 model year.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:19 PM

Default Re: 1999 Accord w/ 300K miles! (NGUSPEED)

I'm with NGUSpeed. I would sell the Vic and buy a used Accord 5sp 4 cyl for a 6th Gen 1998-2002.

Although the Vic's interior is horrible, they are reliable and can take a beating (ex. most of the taxis in Chicago are Vic's). The only thing that scares me is the fires from being rear ended, but I think by 2003 Ford made some adjustments to fix the issue.

Quick Reply: 1999 Accord w/ 300K miles!