Notices

Zex not working....HELP!!! please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zex not working....HELP!!! please.

Hey guys. I bought a zex kit, installed it, everything looks and seems right. I got the bottle filled yesterday, hooked it all up. Purged the line.

Ok, heres where i get confused.

When we first set up the NMU, everything went how it said it should. Once it is all set, with the car to on, but not running, when you put the pedal to the floor, its clicks, which is the sound the solinoid in the mnu makes. Ok, so we leave everything the way it is....open the bottle, start the car, and nothing. Also a couple times we tried reseting the nmu, cause it would stop clicking with the car not running, well, so now it sometimes clicks, sometimes doesnt.

Is this a power issue?
Is it safeguarding me because something is wrong?
Do i have a faulty NMU?

If anyone knows, or has any ideas, i would love to hear them. Thanks
Old 06-22-2003, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Zex not working....HELP!!! please. (Mnintegra)

bump for the late afternoon peoples....
Old 06-23-2003, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

help me please
Old 06-23-2003, 11:30 AM

I take it u have the newest zex nmu with the little led on the nmu. My advice is to disconnect the ground of the zex kit, reconnect it, then turn the car to on without starting it. Then hit the little button on the nmu, then press and hold the gas down for 10 seconds, turn off the car, turn it back on, arm the switch, and see if the solenoid clicks correctly.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Zex not working....HELP!!! please. (Nextekhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nextekhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I take it u have the newest zex nmu with the little led on the nmu. My advice is to disconnect the ground of the zex kit, reconnect it, then turn the car to on without starting it. Then hit the little button on the nmu, then press and hold the gas down for 10 seconds, turn off the car, turn it back on, arm the switch, and see if the solenoid clicks correctly. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That is the correct steps to reset the tps for solenoid activation...if it keeps acting up on you call zex. they are very helpful and if it is the nmu they will exchange it with no hassle. great customer service!!!
Old 06-26-2003, 06:56 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: Zex not working....HELP!!! please. (redlinegsr)

Also It could be a problem where the bottle has to much pressure. The bottle has to be pretty hot. If you get the pressure over 1200psi the selinoid will close up automatically. Mine did it at the track several times. I would be at the tree and open my bottle and the seilinoid would shut. If that's not the problem call zex and ask for Joey. He will help you in anyway possble. Hes one of the team manger's. Tell him Antwon from fort worth sent you. He'll hook you up as he has me 50 million times.Good luck.

BTW. I had a bottle heater that's why my psi styed so high.