Notices

Zeitronix wideband

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Zeitronix wideband

Well after searching and searching I thought I made my mind up, until I saw this product. Just would like to hear what you guys thought about it, how does it compare to the plx and lm-1 units ?
Old 02-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Zeitronix wideband (90blackcrx)

Anyone ???

Old 02-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you plan on tuning with uberdata I don't think I've heard 1 succesful story.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Zeitronix wideband (_gurusan_)

i like mine, but i got the display
Old 02-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Zeitronix wideband (_gurusan_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _gurusan_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you plan on tuning with uberdata I don't think I've heard 1 succesful story.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You got any links to those stories, or at least care to share them with me ?
Old 02-04-2005, 09:52 PM

I have heard of quite a few good stories with uberdata. Go look around on home made turbo.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: (Cray91)

How does it fail? I own it and well it tells me what my AF is no matter whatn EMS i use. Are you talking about integrating the sensor into the ecu for lambda guesses and datalogging? I dunno why you say no good things. you should be more specific so I can understand better what it is your trying to say.. or what you know that i dont.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Si Shane)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Si Shane &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How does it fail? I own it and well it tells me what my AF is no matter whatn EMS i use. Are you talking about integrating the sensor into the ecu for lambda guesses and datalogging? I dunno why you say no good things. you should be more specific so I can understand better what it is your trying to say.. or what you know that i dont. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hopefully he will tell us why, really interested in know also.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:47 PM
New User

Default Re: (90blackcrx)

i have one and its great. its cool having your a/f, boost, and egt on one display.

only problems i have wit the unit is the cheap power harness they use. also the lan cable that they use gets loose and needs a little wiggle once in a while..... dunno if anyone else has these problems, maybe its just me. musta been manufactored on a sunday...lolz.

the problem with uberdata is that the w/b script for the zeitronix wasnt working correctly. i heard that there was a script that actually worked floating around. shouldnt be a problem if you dont plan on datalogging with uberdata. zeitronix has its own datalogging program that can log a/f, egt, boost, map, and tps.

if you plan on running this one your car daily and occasionally take it out to tune a friends car. and want egt, boost, and a/f on one unit, then the zeitronix is perfect for you. but if you use one only to tune other peoples cars then i would recommend the plx-300, due to its simplicity and ease of install. i plan on picking a plx as a secondary/tuning w/b.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (01geeser)

Yep, I agree.

I also own one, very nice wb. I actually Semi tune my car with uberdata also, using the datalogging software from zeitronix itself. Gotta give it a little guess here and there, to see where fuel is needed, and where it isnt needed. Overall. Within 5hrs of Tuning (first time ever!) i managed to get a flat 12:1 AFR in boost... Been 8+ months and still running damn strong.

STI/Evo8 isnt much of a problem anymore.... under 5psi boost....is all i need.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:05 AM
john d

Default Re: (01geeser)

if you plan on running uberdata.... cant go wrong with the plxm300, you can datalog on your own laptop with the nokia phone cable mod with this

i have a brand new plxm300 plug and play unit up for sale

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1138248 - it comes with the display unit too, but its hiding in the box in that pic
Old 02-05-2005, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (john d)

&lt;-- PLX M300.. i love mine.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I use the zeitronix without the display. but I use an analog gauge with hondata...its great, no problems and the software is great it dataloggs everything you need including auxillary channels which I use for my map sensor to read boost.

in my opinion...buy it

do a little research around import tuner's site to find the article were they put all the widebands head to head...the zeitronix was the best bang for the buck and it had better tolerances than most units. check it out (im not devoted enough to scan it and host it, sorry)
Old 02-05-2005, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in my opinion this is the best wideband you can buy for the price.

buy a cheap laptop, and a good burner and your set for uberdata.

who ever said this w/b is junk for uberdata is a dumbass, i have tuned 3 cars with it and have no complaints at all.

search under my name and you will find 2 or 3 threads on this wideband.

also i may start selling kits. wideband unit, laptop and usb burner for $575 shipped, everything installed and tested. PM me if you might be interested.

also the dataloging that comes with the kit is much better than the uberdata dataloging. if you buy this wideband, use it don't use the uberdata, this wideband is also much more universal than the others, because you can use it to datalog, instead of haveing to use uberdata. i bought mine so i could tune any turbo car, and i can!
Old 02-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Zeitronix wideband (Snail Tuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Snail Tuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
also i may start selling kits. wideband unit, laptop and usb burner for $575 shipped, everything installed and tested. PM me if you might be interested. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds like a hell of a deal.. i pieced all mine together..
Old 02-05-2005, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Zeitronix wideband (Snail Tuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Snail Tuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in my opinion this is the best wideband you can buy for the price.

who ever said this w/b is junk for uberdata is a dumbass, i have tuned 3 cars with it and have no complaints at all.

also i may start selling kits. wideband unit, laptop and usb burner for $575 shipped, everything installed and tested. PM me if you might be interested.

also the dataloging that comes with the kit is much better than the uberdata dataloging. if you buy this wideband, use it don't use the uberdata, this wideband is also much more universal than the others, because you can use it to datalog, instead of haveing to use uberdata. i bought mine so i could tune any turbo car, and i can!</TD></TR></TABLE>

some people will never see the light, the plx is a junk unit for the price (the 550 or whatever is overpriced, but does has cool wireless uplink) the datalogging software on the zietronix is many times better than other datalogging software.

but people will not stop spending large amounts of cash on the plx,fjo,and lm-1.. the only one i would think about spending more for is a motec
Old 02-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by john d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you plan on running uberdata.... cant go wrong with the plxm300, you can datalog on your own laptop with the nokia phone cable mod with this
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought with the m300 you could not datalogg, you had to upgrade to be able to...proove me wrong though.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by johnzm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
some people will never see the light, the plx is a junk unit for the price (the 550 or whatever is overpriced, but does has cool wireless uplink) the datalogging software on the zietronix is many times better than other datalogging software.

but people will not stop spending large amounts of cash on the plx,fjo,and lm-1.. the only one i would think about spending more for is a motec </TD></TR></TABLE>

I am hearing to many people having problems with the lm-1, just being cheap in general. Have not heard to many problems about the plx though, but it does cost 2 times as more as the zeitronix.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Snail Tuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in my opinion this is the best wideband you can buy for the price.

also the dataloging that comes with the kit is much better than the uberdata dataloging. if you buy this wideband, use it don't use the uberdata, this wideband is also much more universal than the others, because you can use it to datalog, instead of haveing to use uberdata. i bought mine so i could tune any turbo car, and i can!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, I'll do a search. And that price for the laptop and usb burner sounds good, I know I'm looking for a new laptop and it seems like your gonna have to dish out at least $250 to $500 to get a decent laptop that will work for a few of these wideband programs.

Also if I have a laptop, is there really any reason to get the zeitronix display ?
Old 02-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Zeitronix wideband (johnzm)

Ive have used the Zeitronix in my car back in the day to tune my uberdata. I used the display and the datalogging it came with to log. Then id adjust uberdata. It worked fine. It was my roommates Zeitronix, i just bought another wiring harness and wired it into the car. So anytime i need it i can just say hey and plug it in and go. Its really easy.

liam
Old 02-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Zeitronix wideband (liam821)

lemme rephrase this, the plx IS NOT junk. it does have an analog out for the wideband signal, so yes, you CAN datalog that signal.

the lack of available datalogging software, and an easy way to connect it up to a laptop make it extremly unattractive in my book seeing as its 100+ dollars more than the zietronix.

Old 02-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Zeitronix wideband (johnzm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by johnzm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lemme rephrase this, the plx IS NOT junk. it does have an analog out for the wideband signal, so yes, you CAN datalog that signal.

the lack of available datalogging software, and an easy way to connect it up to a laptop make it extremly unattractive in my book seeing as its 100+ dollars more than the zietronix.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Better said. And I know the zeitronix can watch 5 sensors, not sure how many the plx can look at.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

plx can only look at one.... ITS OWN.

Old 02-05-2005, 11:35 AM

Another happy zeitronix user....
Old 02-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Zeitronix wideband (dennis)

So is the display really needed if your gonna use a laptop ?
Old 02-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So is the display really needed if your gonna use a laptop ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you have the laptop the LCD display is not needed, but if you want to put the wideband inplace of your stock o2, then the LCD would be nice, it would give you a tach reading, and an accurate o2 reading, no bulky laptop to mess with, and it would replace the junk narrowband o2 display, also if you buy a cheap EGT prob you can display that aswell, so no EGT gauge is needed, basicly buy the LSD if you plan on keeping the wideband in you car. it will eliminate a tach, a/f and EGT gauge, into one simple display, also if you buy the boost sensor, you won;t need a boost gauge either

non of the other units offer this
Old 02-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So is the display really needed if your gonna use a laptop ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you are in your car tuning with the laptop then no. But when you are just driving around the LCD is nice to have because you can monitor AFR, EGT, Boost, and TPS all the time. You just have to buy the Zeitronix EGT probe and boost sensor to be able to view them on the LCD. The datalogging software it comes with is also an added plus for those that need it.

I plan on buying the LCD and EGT probe and running my WB sensor full time so I always see my AFR. My main reason for going with the LCD is so I can use it as a combined EGT, and AFR display. If you dont need the LCD for all the other info, you could always buy just the AFR display for $65, so that you can monitor your AFR all the time.

Quick Reply: Zeitronix wideband