Notices

Your View On Turbo DSM's

Old 04-09-2003, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your View On Turbo DSM's

Just wondering how the Turbo Honda crowd views the turbo DSM cars.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:39 AM

if you do the right things they can be made hella fast...and if they are AWD, they will get something that is very hard for a Honda to come by.....TRACTION
Old 04-09-2003, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (LowGSR01)

General overveiw of DSM's. I love them I have a 10 second monster. I have a 1991 AWD TSi running 24psi Haltec tuned with a 50shot of n20. Best time was a 10.3 @143. So why the turbo Si. Well I have done it all with the TSi except run into the 9's(retuning to get all I can out of 28psi). But the Si was a new challenge for me I wanted to run the Si into the 11's and still keep it streetable. And the funny thing is I have a FP Green turbo on both cars.

So yes I LOVE DSM'S the same way I Love My Si
Old 04-09-2003, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (DBallz)

Sweet, I love DSMs too, that's why I own one because traction is great; but I will have an H23 lude one day though it'll be turbocharged second time around.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:30 PM
I am a bad person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (TurboSpoolinInside)

I had a DSM that ran 12.2 and I loved it. Thought DSM's were the **** until I got my first turbo honda!! Sorry, Making 600+ hp reliably is much easier with a honda.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (MotorMatrix.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MotorMatrix.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry, Making 600+ hp reliably is much easier with a honda.</TD></TR></TABLE>

With the SAME BUDGET?

Old 04-09-2003, 03:38 PM
I am a bad person

Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (98CTRCoupe)

If both cars are built right yeah, the same budget or less. only thing a dsm doesnt need is sleeves but it needs a gang of headwork to flow. I made 565 with a stock type r head.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (LowGSR01)

I LOVE dsms..they can be made extremely fast...mostly 1st gen talons and eclipses, but im alright with 2nd...
Old 04-09-2003, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (hybridvteceg)

one thing we dont need to worry about in hondas though. DSM=crank walk, i had a 1g talon and thats the problem i had, on 2 seperate engines. it was a good car besides that. im hooked on turbo hondas though
Old 04-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (00si5)

I like em.
Got one in the family.
Old 04-09-2003, 04:51 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridvteceg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I LOVE dsms..they can be made extremely fast...mostly 1st gen talons and eclipses, but im alright with 2nd...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-09-2003, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (DBallz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DBallz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">General overveiw of DSM's. I love them I have a 10 second monster. I have a 1991 AWD TSi running 24psi Haltec tuned with a 50shot of n20. Best time was a 10.3 @143. So why the turbo Si. Well I have done it all with the TSi except run into the 9's(retuning to get all I can out of 28psi). But the Si was a new challenge for me I wanted to run the Si into the 11's and still keep it streetable. And the funny thing is I have a FP Green turbo on both cars.

So yes I LOVE DSM'S the same way I Love My Si</TD></TR></TABLE>are you the dude from YO that has a teal one?

i go to nathans sometimes, i got a silver golf 2001, fmic, black rims
Old 04-09-2003, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (jinxproof99)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">one thing we dont need to worry about in hondas though. DSM=crank walk, i had a 1g talon and thats the problem i had, on 2 seperate engines. it was a good car besides that. im hooked on turbo hondas though</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have some bad luck. 99% or crank walks occurs on 2G DSM. That's why people put the 1G motor into the 2G. Im calling BS on that one.
Old 04-09-2003, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (evoeone)

DSM,s are nice. My neighbor has a 13 sec stock talon.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (jinxproof99)

our motors are better engineered. our cars are lighter.

but ... there motors are built for boost and its hard near impossible to compete w/ AWD.

so the honda will take alot more prep to go fast, but if u do it right it will be more reliable and in the end have more hp/wieght potential too. but its like a V8 camaro or something, no matter what u do u can't compete w/ displacement + RWD.. w/ the GSX its the same way- we can't compete w/ AWD.

I love to see an AWD 1st gen spanking *** @ the street races. havn't really seen anything impressive from the Fwd's but then again, anyone serious about goin fast would go w/ the awd. visually though, they are not as appeasing to me. especailly the 2nd gen, it looks like a hovercraft.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (00si5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00si5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">one thing we dont need to worry about in hondas though. DSM=crank walk, i had a 1g talon and thats the problem i had, on 2 seperate engines. it was a good car besides that. im hooked on turbo hondas though</TD></TR></TABLE>

I bet you had a 93 or 94 DSM, right? Those came with the 7 bolt motors that were prone to CW. BUT, 2G's were more prone.

1G 6 bolt motors were bullet proof when tuned right. Throw in some 2G pistons (8.5:1 CR) and you can get about 450hp with no other internal work.

BTW, Matrix...I thought 1G heads flowed pretty well. But then again, compared to an ITR head...fuggetaboutit!
Old 04-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The shitier they look..........the faster they are lol. Anyways my friends next door neighboor was big into the DSM scene here in Chicago. His name is Vernon something or another. Well I went for a ride in his TSI one time, my friend had said it was a low 11 high 10 sec car. So I have no idea what to expect cause I'm used to my SOHC powa! Well lets just say that the next day my neck was strained hella bad from the damn pull of it. The car launched like a bat out of hell and the boost hit like a sledghammer, I believe it was a 20g turbo. So yeah I pretty much have mad respect for those DSM's.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:15 PM

I respect them but not my cup of tea
Old 04-09-2003, 05:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98CTRCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I bet you had a 93 or 94 DSM, right? Those came with the 7 bolt motors that were prone to CW. BUT, 2G's were more prone.

1G 6 bolt motors were bullet proof when tuned right. Throw in some 2G pistons (8.5:1 CR) and you can get about 450hp with no other internal work.

BTW, Matrix...I thought 1G heads flowed pretty well. But then again, compared to an ITR head...fuggetaboutit! </TD></TR></TABLE>

the 1g head flows better then the 2g.....for a "race" port/polish, springs/retainers, +1mm valves, bronze guides, ect. on the head with before and after bench flow test it costs around 1500(from one of the best places around for headwork, you can get it cheaper), so tack that onto the price if you want a fast dsm, or at least one that the head isnt holding you back from going faster...im speaking in ascpect to my car and what im doing, i want close to 600whp so headwork is a must
Old 04-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (CivicEX98*)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicEX98* &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The shitier they look..........the faster they are lol. Anyways my friends next door neighboor was big into the DSM scene here in Chicago. His name is Vernon something or another. Well I went for a ride in his TSI one time, my friend had said it was a low 11 high 10 sec car. So I have no idea what to expect cause I'm used to my SOHC powa! Well lets just say that the next day my neck was strained hella bad from the damn pull of it. The car launched like a bat out of hell and the boost hit like a sledghammer, I believe it was a 20g turbo. So yeah I pretty much have mad respect for those DSM's. </TD></TR></TABLE>

vernon's car I've seen it run some 10 sec passes.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:46 PM
I am a bad person

Default Re: Your View On Turbo DSM's (AztecEJ)

I have to be honest here. the DSM's are a dying breed in my opinion. At the NHRA event at moroso last week there wasnt even 1 single dsm running. So where are all the fast dsm's???
Old 04-09-2003, 05:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MotorMatrix.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So where are all the fast dsm's???</TD></TR></TABLE>
MID EAST COAST
Old 04-09-2003, 05:53 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MotorMatrix.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have to be honest here. the DSM's are a dying breed So where are all the fast dsm's???</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats true.

last year all winter/spring/summer when i used to frequent the street races and track all the time I was pretty much the only turbo honda/acura out there. and there was one fast GSX, a moderatly fast GS-T that ran good on the highway and a **** talking kid w/ a 420whp GS-T who would just stand by his car and look cool but never race anyone, always made excuses.

This year the past few weeks @ the track there have been 5+ turbo hondas, any day at the street races u can find a turbo honda and I have yet to seena fast DSM this year. even the ones from last year aren't out anymore.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:54 PM
I am a bad person

I know there areny so many down here. most of them are maryland area and such. what about the competitive ones?? I mean kenny tran isnt from florida.or can they not compete with rwd cars or fwd honda unibody??
Old 04-09-2003, 05:56 PM

yep we have some crucial DSMs here in north VA

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Your View On Turbo DSM's