Notices

you have to see this

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 02:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you have to see this

ok a real good buddy of mine asked if i would help him install a turbo on his civic..so ya the car show's up and BAM he bust's out with a SSAUTOCHROME kit...OMG...i've heard the stories..but never seen the kit's....so i said this is going to be fun....oh ya the motor has already been swapped to a ZC...and we put the inline pump and fmu from my drag kit on ...since he's on a buget also the ssautochrome kit comes with no fuel upgrades whatsoever..well on the kit he ordered...he also got the intercooler kit as well...well first thing is we tore down the civic to get it prepped and so we could test fit everything...

before install

tore up

now that the crap is removed..test fit time

and here is the ssautochrome manifold/turbo/dp flange thingy

not bad lookin...but to get that together..we had to go buy new bolt's..and get a new return fitting...all the hardware they send is junk...even the dp flange was never decked..i bet it gets a leak soon if not right away...well i test fitted the manifold to the motor it didn't sit flush..i had to cut a peice off the the mounting plate to get it flush...and now the dp needs to go where the front crossmember is..so a CHUNK was cut out...lol....now the intercooler and manifold is mounted

so now i'm like i see what people are talkin about...this KIT needs so much work to just get on the car...the oil line kit it comes with..THROW AWAY...it was the scariest SS line i have ever seen...we got a kit so the T is not on the block and 2 real SS lines for like 80 bux from mccar....the stock oil pressure sender is a biotch..above the oil filter in the hardest to reach spot ever...a pic

ok ok...now i'm mad...this intercooler kit makes no sense at all....no U's...not one..so we got the part from the intercooler to TB hooked up...we had to use a piece from the original CAI..to make it work..the pipe has to be weldin for ur BOV it doesn't come flanged....now where to run the charge pipe to the IC....another thing this kit is supposed to be ac compatible but it's no where close..you have to run a half size raditor as well.....no AC in hot as* AZ..torture..now dan just want's to drive..i told him that he's gotta get some charge pipe made to finish it off..i had a couple of arron's to run..he was gonna stay for a bit and relocate his batterty and clean up some other wiring....well this is crazy...i came back home to find this...i guess dan didn't wanna wait..a buddy of his said use some good PVC pipe to finish it off.....so this is what he did

ROFL...OMG...can't stop laughing

wow...i thought i've seen it all...livin in az u seen some tore up honda's is really sad...but this was unreal.....well he couldn't start it up cause he's wating on his radiator...but wow...it's even painted silver ..don't be fooled...that's two inch pvc pipe and fittings from Home Depot...

have you ever seen something like this...wouldn't that melt or blow apart under boost....save your money people and get a real kit....DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.....LOL....well i'll post some pix of it when it starts maybe i should record it...to see if it blows apart...lol...on the plus side he only spent a grand for everthing...enjoy the chuckles
Old 07-19-2005, 03:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: you have to see this (lucidvtec)

for the love of god, YOU need to take action...actually you need to take a right angle chop saw to that so called "charge pipe" before someone gets hurt, his **** blows or worst of all HE RECKS THAT EF!

btw: i admire your 4dr, i had one EXACTLY like it (color, 94' tan cloth interior) and i loved it soooo much till i killed it...

Modified by turbotommy at 12:01 AM 7/20/2005
Old 07-19-2005, 03:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that's hot.. I think I'm going to take off my steel IC piping and switch to pvc for the weight savings.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bubs)

oh man. i ordered just the kit for the intercooler piping from them. man, i had no idea how the pipe was supposed to fit, so i ended up with a couple pipes short when i was done. the intercooler and the throttle body down to cold air hole-pipe, was the onthing worth buying, oh and the couplers and v bands. yeah that kit sucked, the piping was kinda dirty inside too, not really cleanable like some soggy **** inside. so now i am working on welding a 1 inch piece of galvanized pipe on the TB charge pipe so i can clamp a hose on it to go to my BOV.

also i heard their turbos blow up after 1,000 miles. i heard they use the hot sides rebuilt off of a turbo diseal truck. and the T3-T4's they sell are usually just a T4. my friend also got a kit for a hyundai elantra. it came with just a T4.

also, i had to cut a lot of **** out from my bumper to make the intercooler fit. it actually fills up the stock bumper space pretty good. i painted the other side black so you can flip it around and have black, and flip it around and have the shiny part. also, we sprayed chorme spray paint over top of the XS POWER logo on the front.

are you getting an EG radiator?

i dont know how the other kids do it, but i had to grind a lot of **** to get that radiator in. it took me a solid day to do that swap. i grinded out FRAME, radiator support and my underskin of the hood. i used the stock two top mounts from the EF radiator and used them as the bottom mounts on the new EG radiator, and just custom made my top mount.

i can send pics if you want.

haha good luck with that. and if i ever had an extra car laying around to blow up, i would definatly PCS/SSAC turbo it!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:48 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (bubs)

surprised he just didnt get a length of exhaust pipe and some 90* plumbing connectors instead of the straight up pvc pipe

I wanna know how long that turbo lasts
Old 07-19-2005, 03:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'll post some updates ..when it's runnin...you know the compressor side housin is held on by a single c-clip..no bolts...just a clip...that' pos is a biotch to clock...
Old 07-19-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: (lucidvtec)

O
M
F
G

That pvc is doomed...doomed.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dc2legend)

Oh man....

I know how you feel. I have a friend who has an SSautochrome kit that he thinks is the ****, mind you, it's sitting in his room and not on his car yet.

I can't convince my friends that SSautochrome sucks so I have to just help them out installing the **** and hope for the best. At least it's not on my car.

Keep us updated with the performance of the kit. Who knows, some of those kits work pretty well for a few months before the turbo or manifold takes a ****.

That PVC piping is pretty gangsta

It will work fine as long as he used good cement to connect the pipes. But plastic sucks for heat soak. I would tell him to replace that with some real pipe ASAP.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:14 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

PVC intercooler piping huh...simply wow

That kinda of reminds me of this guy trying to tell me to my face that his PVC piping roll cage was awesome because it was so light and strong (with him standing on it).

My reply: there's a reason why <U>real</U> race cars use steel and not PVC.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:30 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (Dunc)

*Gangsta *
Old 07-19-2005, 08:33 AM

wow..i thought i saw it all! this should be in the "Riced out thread"
Old 07-19-2005, 08:52 AM

i bought there exhaust manifold for a prelude and it didnt fit right either, once u bolt up the wg it was right on top of the alternator and the turbo sat so close to the block that i had to notch it to fit.... i only turned the car on once to check for leaks... now its being sold!

Old 07-19-2005, 09:35 AM

I personally have seen PVC piping blow a motor.

It was a home made intake on a Mazda B2600i Pick-up. It was N/A and it still got hot enough to melt over a months time. Slowly, plastic particles, and pieces enter the engine. . .

I hope it blows apart because if it holds together, the motor will be worse off.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DragSource)

Ive had a pvc intake on my srt for over 2 years still runs good.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:53 AM
BCICAN

Default Re: (Ckjeepin)

^^^probably not something you want people to know/or to be proud of haha (not flaming)
Old 07-19-2005, 10:04 AM

Is it really PCV or is it ABS? ABS plastic ("black PCV") seems to hold up fine in higher heat.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the grey pvc(hostalit) is strong and im sure you can use it on some parts( maybe not before the ic) but it wont blow cause you can hit it pretty hard with a hammer
Old 07-19-2005, 11:54 AM

Subscribing...want to see what happens after it runs..
Old 07-19-2005, 12:13 PM

OMG!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: you have to see this (H-T)

haha. no comment.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: you have to see this (JDMisGOOD)

make a video of it running lol
Old 07-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, what a mess that turbo kit was :S
Old 07-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CBR_15)

Wow you should see if he can get sponsored by Home Depot
Old 07-19-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: (dragline)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dragline &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow you should see if he can get sponsored by Home Depot </TD></TR></TABLE>

\/ This guy should try to get sponsored by Home Depot...lol...

Old 07-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SPR)

because he has the lip??

Quick Reply: you have to see this