Notices

Why do people talk about clips

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do people talk about clips

Why do people on here talk about injector harness clips and which wire to tap into? I've read every thread on the topic of injector box install and i just get more and more confused. I think this is the best picture i've found, however, i was wondering if it was totally correct. It looks like you just take the yellow/black wire from eacher DSM injector and wire them to each black wire coming out of the resistor box. then take the colored wires from the injectors and wire them to the colored wires that go to the ECU. My explanation seems so much simplier than the other ppl's. Thats why i'm not sure if it's correct or not

Old 10-18-2003, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why do people talk about clips (Del_Slowest)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del_Slowest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why do people on here talk about injector harness clips and which wire to tap into? I've read every thread on the topic of injector box install and i just get more and more confused. I think this is the best picture i've found, however, i was wondering if it was totally correct. It looks like you just take the yellow/black wire from eacher DSM injector and wire them to each black wire coming out of the resistor box. then take the colored wires from the injectors and wire them to the colored wires that go to the ECU. My explanation seems so much simplier than the other ppl's. Thats why i'm not sure if it's correct or not

</TD></TR></TABLE>

you don't need to tap into anything. you only need injector clips (the plugs that go onto the actual injector) if you have an obd2 vehicle (obd1 clips can be modified to fit easily). All you do is clip off the 4 ground wires like shown in the picture. then just run ONE to the resistor box and carefully tape up the rest out of the way I've seen people use all 4 like in the pic but my friend tried it and it blew a fuse. Might have been a fluke anyhow. Then the 4 "out" wires from the resistor box go back to the ground wires of the injector clips
Old 10-18-2003, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Why do people talk about clips (CivicRyda2k)

So you don't cut the colored wires (yellow, brown, aqua, red) at all then. you just cut the yellow/black (ground wires). You're also saying it don't matter whether you connect 1 or all 4 of the yellow/black (ground wires) from the ECU to the red wire on the resistor box. BTW i have an OBD1 car (93 del sol)
Old 10-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del_Slowest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So you don't cut the colored wires (yellow, brown, aqua, red) at all then. you just cut the yellow/black (ground wires). You're also saying it don't matter whether you connect 1 or all 4 of the yellow/black (ground wires) from the ECU to the red wire on the resistor box. BTW i have an OBD1 car (93 del sol) </TD></TR></TABLE>

no do NOT cut the colored ones unless ur changing clips. in the diagrams i've seen... peopel connect all 4 to the one "in" wire on the box. I personally only ran one. on a friends car we did all 4 and i think it blew a fuse... it may have been that it grounded out somewhere before but it worked with one fine so i just used one.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:17 PM

Sweet, thanks a lot man. Some of the guys on here have made this into a really big thing. Hell, a monkey could wire this thing up for me now !

Damn, i guess that means i'm the monkey
Old 10-18-2003, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no problem man.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm can anyone else verify?

I'm trying to install a resistor box for my 93 civic?

[URL][http://www.hondata.com/techinjectorwiring.html/URL]
can that be done (hondata how-to) rather from the upper homemade diagram?
Old 10-21-2003, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Why do people talk about clips (EG6owner)

http://www.hondata.com/techinjectorwiring.html
fixxed the link for ya.

to me they seem like the same technique but the hondata version does the splicing down the harness a few feet, it's more common to see people do them straight from the injector clip i think because people usually change to the earlier style clips for dsm injectors and stuff.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why do people talk about clips (RenoRacing)

You must check continuity first because the wires on Hondata's site didn't match what I had to wire on my 92 Si!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why do people talk about clips (ladysman)

this is kinda a bad pic, but this is how its done.
the resistor box would plug into the blue harness

let me kno if you want me to take a couple more for you
Old 10-21-2003, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Why do people talk about clips (ladysman)

See this is what i get confused about. Why do you need to check continuality or whatever. You take the yellow/black wires only. And the yellow/black wires from the ecu right. or are you saying that the wires from the ecu were not yellow/black
Old 10-21-2003, 07:30 PM

I just did this on my Integra this weekend. I will download some pics that I took of this process and post them up here in a bit.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Why do people talk about clips (B94Cast)

The resistor box goes inbetween the ecu and the injectors. The wires you want will be the same color for all the injectors thats how u know which ones u want. For most cars it's the yellow/black stripe ones. However i do want to know why people are showing pic's of clips and ****. Why don't you just clip the wires a lil ways back from the injectors and hook it up. Why must ppl follow the wires 5 ft back from the injectors and then wire it up. Is that why ppl are having such problems, they're trying to look for the wires way far away from the injectors themselves?
Old 10-21-2003, 07:58 PM

Maybe this will help - these are pics that I took when I did mine this weekind

Old 10-21-2003, 08:20 PM

so that is why ppl talk about the plugs and clips. They want to find the wires where they plug into the main terminal. For simplistic wiring i'm just gonna cut the wires close to the injector. However the way you did it made the whole shabang look really good and stockish. Props to ya.