Notices

When it rains!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When it rains!

When it rains good my thermal exhaust fills with water. After a good rain I'll start my car and water will spray out the back for a couple minutes. What realy sucks is when the carbon mixes with it and it goes all over the back of my car. Does anyone else with a thermal or other exhaust with a giant watermellon cannon have this problem?
Old 06-16-2003, 01:43 PM

Default Re: When it rains! (b16matt)

get a real exhaust system and stop using those stupid fart pipe tips. they all cause that issue. it's lieka funnell to the water. it jsut allows itt o easily go into your car. if you don;t fix it, it will eventually plug your cat or worse stop the xhaust up and cause bigger issues.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: When it rains! (oscarmayer)

haha shows how much you know oscarmayer weiner boy. Do a search on thermal exhaust, and then lets see if you call it a fart pipe tip.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:30 PM

Default Re: When it rains! (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha shows how much you know oscarmayer weiner boy. Do a search on thermal exhaust, and then lets see if you call it a fart pipe tip. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so true, i run a 3 inch thermal exhaust. the tip of the muffler is like 2 inches around. its a very high quality exhaust. now get the neon lights off your valve stems
Old 06-16-2003, 02:33 PM
len
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: When it rains! (Mase)

On recent turbo magazine, Thermal exhaust showed highest whp and wtq gain on a Supra than any exhaust system. Far from a fart pipe. This is compared to the high dollar non-fart pipes like Tanabe, APEXI, HKS, and 5Zigen just to name a few.

Please refrain from making ignorant comments on this board without first doing research.

Anyhow, the solution to the problem would be to try and angle it in a downward position. I mean this would be the most simple and logical way to do so, unless I'm missing something. The way the exhaust is setup, it looks like it points upward. HTH

Len
Old 06-16-2003, 04:36 PM

Default Re: When it rains! (len)

Hey dumb asses I have a thermal! It has a big tip thats all I am saying. God stupid dumb asses. I wasnt dissing my own exhaust. ******* morons. Refrain from dumb *** comments and answer my ******* question. Don't worry I built my engine by hand by myself from the crank up just me and a haines. So before you assume **** think dumb ***.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I hate to be the guy that trashes on the "n00b" but, damnit. Please don't start mouthing off **** when you seem to not know what you are talking about.

I, personally, would not spend the money on a Thermal exhaust (or any other premade system, for that matter) merely because I would weld it myself for a helluva lot cheaper, but disregarding that, they are one of, if not THE best systems out there.

In any case, you could try to get a slant-cut tip for it (like the stock itr?) or just get one that's short enough to be under the bumper a little ways...OR, you could even bring it to a GOOD muffler shop and have them cut the pipe and re-weld it, angled down a few degrees...otherwise, you're fucked
Old 06-16-2003, 05:30 PM

Default Re: When it rains! (ion_four)

Thanks for the trash talk everyone. All I needed was an answer to prevent what was happening. I thought thats what ht was about. So **** all who talked **** and have a nice ******* day asswipes.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Everyone but the second person on the post defended the Thermal matt

I also have one. and they are probably the best out there.

3" thermal exhaust = 3"tip because it's tip is the same size as the piping.

As for the question i guess your best bet would be to drill a small hole in the bottom of the tip all the way in the back towards the muffler if possible.

Mine already has one but yours might not. This will keep any rain out of the exhaust system