Notices

What's the deal? (bogging/stalling)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the deal? (bogging/stalling)

Alright, the last few days I've been having a problem with my car. The car will start up fine and I will drive it and it will kind of bog/hesitate and sometimes it will stall after it has bogged/hesitated. Also the car will stall when stopped at a traffic light(sometimes). It doesn't happen at any certain rpm and it doesn't matter if the engine is cold or warm.

Usually it will start up right after it has stalled on me, the longest it took was about 5-6 seconds after it was stalled to start up again after the first couple days. Then I receently had a time were it wouldn't even start up at all, just turn and if it would start the revs would jump up then suddenly die.

I've tried a few things so far and replaced them. I got a new cap and rotor, new spark plugs and wires, new pcv valve, and new fuel filter.

The car has been stored all winter (just pulled it out last week) and I'm starting to think it was a problem with the gas. There could of been bad gas in the tank or else water got build up in it and causing my car to run like this. So I filled up with premuim gas (91 occtane) and added STP water remover and it seemed to help alot, the car doesn't stall as much as it used to, and after 2 minutes of adding the water remover it would fire up instantly.

Was this the problem?? Or this??

Yesterday I heard a really loud exhaust sound comming from the front of my engine bay and I picked up the noise instantly. It was an exhaust leak comming from the manifold to turbo(sounded like a tractor). The gasket that was sitting between the two was blown in half, and almost looks like it was blown for a while because I couldn't find a few peices of it. It was a gasket made by my local muffler shop that lasted about 6 months. I picked up a copper gasket today and just got done installing it. Never got a chance to go for a drive yet.

So.....

Do you think the problem was bad gas causing my car to bog/stall? Or else would the blown gasket cause an affect on my car to bog/stall? Or do you think it is something totally different??

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks