Notices

what numbers could i have with this setup???

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 what numbers could i have with this setup???

i have a built block and head and im just wondering what numbers i could put out with the setup?! the motor is still on the side... hopefully next month i can swap it in...

block specs b18a1
sleeved
block guard
gsr oil pump
gsr water pump
je pistons 9.5:1
eagle h-beam rods
crank mirco polished
ls trans

semi built head: b16
skunk2 valves,springs and retainers
skunk2 adj. cam gears
dsm 450cc injectors

cast iron mani w/ t3/t4 turbonetics
tial 38mm wastegate
front mount intercooler

still thinking on my tuning and fuel setup
just wondering what numbers i can put out...
any suggestion please feel free to add....
negative comments to yourself thanks for looking!!!!!!!!

Last edited by hondaEg_808; 04-21-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what numbers could i have with this setup???

those injectors wont see you above 350whp, how much power are you after? this will determine the size of the injectors you will need, as with the fuel pump i'd just get a walbro 255lph intank if you dont want to go over 450whp. whats the spec of the turbo?
Old 04-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by danp1uk
those injectors wont see you above 350whp, how much power are you after? this will determine the size of the injectors you will need, as with the fuel pump i'd just get a walbro 255lph intank if you dont want to go over 450whp. whats the spec of the turbo?

my power goals is i wanna see maybe in the 450 500???? and for the walboro fuel pump.
i have a msd inline fuel pump is that good by anychance?? and for the dsm injectors i'll be swapping them later on gotta save some money....and for the turbo its a t3t4 im really not too familiar with specs of the turbo
Old 04-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

FYI.... T3/T4's can make anywhere from 300hp to over 700hp, so without knowing what Turbo you have we are just pissing in the wind here.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

1000 whp all day
Old 04-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by danp1uk
If you raise base presure you can make more than 350whp on 450's.

A 255lph is good for almost 600whp. I know cause thats what is in my car.

I would say 400whp would be about max but you have to know the specs of the turbo to get a good idea of what it will do. 450's will also be pretty maxed out at 400whp
Old 04-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no way dsm injectors are gonna make more than low 300whp on gasoline safely. Upgrade your injectors to something like ID1000 and get a decent turbo with tubular manifold if you really want 500whp +/-. Theirs no way of guessing how much power your going to make without more details. Who's gonna tune it? sleeved block?
Old 04-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

450 cc's i would say around 300whp
Old 04-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know a few people running high presures on 450's making almost 400whp on pump/race gas mix
Old 04-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by YARO.
no way dsm injectors are gonna make more than low 300whp on gasoline safely. Upgrade your injectors to something like ID1000 and get a decent turbo with tubular manifold if you really want 500whp +/-. Theirs no way of guessing how much power your going to make without more details. Who's gonna tune it? sleeved block?

block is sleeved and block guard!
tuning im not to sure?
i want to be in the 500 range...
well im gonna upgrade injectors, but for now the dsm so i can save money on injectors.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hondaEg_808
block is sleeved and block guard!
tuning im not to sure?
i want to be in the 500 range...
well im gonna upgrade injectors, but for now the dsm so i can save money on injectors.
That makes no sense at all. Block guard and sleeved? Throw the block guard in the garbage because it's already sleeved.

If you want in the 500 range, ditch the injectors and save up for some ID 1000's. They really aren't that much as u can get a complete set for around $450ish. One of the best things I have ordered yet. Seen them run in a few cars and they live up to all the high praise.

What cams are you running? Those gears won't help if your running anything less then CTR/ITR cams and even thats a stretch. It's unlikely that your tuner will even touch the gears from the 0 position if they are stock cams.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bond
That makes no sense at all. Block guard and sleeved? Throw the block guard in the garbage because it's already sleeved.

If you want in the 500 range, ditch the injectors and save up for some ID 1000's. They really aren't that much as u can get a complete set for around $450ish. One of the best things I have ordered yet. Seen them run in a few cars and they live up to all the high praise.

What cams are you running? Those gears won't help if your running anything less then CTR/ITR cams and even thats a stretch. It's unlikely that your tuner will even touch the gears from the 0 position if they are stock cams.

whats wrong with block guard? ive been hearing about those id1000?? i was thinking about maybe getting some rc injectors. and its stock cams but skunk2 valvetrain... this is my first turbo setup so bare with me bro thanks for the info though!
Old 04-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

whats wrong with block guard? ive been hearing about those id1000?? i was thinking about maybe getting some rc injectors. and its stock cams but skunk2 valvetrain... this is my first turbo setup so bare with me bro thanks for the info though!
if it's sleeved like you say it is, then a block guard is useless.....if you have money to get rc injectors make the ID1000's your last stop. the stock cams will be fine for now, but your fuel system preference to get RC injectors is suffering. Like all will say here, you want power, you gotta spend. you gotta pay to play... go big or stay home.

as I see it, you've spent the money on the rest of your setup, might as well get what you put into it, out of it.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by smoovy
if it's sleeved like you say it is, then a block guard is useless.....if you have money to get rc injectors make the ID1000's your last stop. the stock cams will be fine for now, but your fuel system preference to get RC injectors is suffering. Like all will say here, you want power, you gotta spend. you gotta pay to play... go big or stay home.

as I see it, you've spent the money on the rest of your setup, might as well get what you put into it, out of it.
At very least get precision 1000's. the spray pattern is better than RC for sure.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Man U FTW

The injectors are going to limit you to 300whp or less. The turbo you've selected is rather vague, but i'll take a shot in the dark and guess you have a 57 trim or smaller which means that on pump gas, you're looking at 400whp at most. Finally, you're running stock sleeves which means that a safe tune is still going to keep you under that 450whp range...
Old 04-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by smoovy

yah bro its sleeved. so i should just removed the block guard??
and your right alot of money did get invested into this block i'll just ditch the dsm's and look for some rc or id.....
i dont need resistor box after i upgrade from the dsm450 correct???
Old 04-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Man U FTW

Well if it's sleeved, then disregard the last portion of my post; however, if it is sleeved, you wouldnt have a block guard. That's like having an open differential AND a Quaife at the same time...it just can't happen. Either way, your setup isn't going to make enough power as is to make it worthwhile. The manifold and the turbo that i assume you're running are going to choke out before you break 425whp on pump gas anyway...
Old 04-21-2010, 03:24 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

I don't think even the ID1000s are necessary for most builds. I understand the need to "grow", but c'mon.. The fact that he's on a budget, and already has the 450cc DSM injectors with a resistor box, he can simply get some Precision 880cc injectors to make 500whp. You (hopefully) have the resistor box for the DSMs, and they are under $300.

There is no need to raise base pressure for those 450cc injectors to get that horsepower. It reduces the reliability 10 fold, and built or not, no fuel = blown up.

K.I.S.S.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Man U FTW

Originally Posted by BoostR41
I know a few people running high presures on 450's making almost 400whp on pump/race gas mix
I don't know why people insist on doing this...Why would you ever push a set of injectors to over 100% capacity? Its great that they can handle it, but for the $100-300 it costs to switch, it saves having to worry about my $3000 engine...the savings don't come close to making up for the potential costs in this instance
Old 04-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Schister66
Well if it's sleeved, then disregard the last portion of my post; however, if it is sleeved, you wouldnt have a block guard. That's like having an open differential AND a Quaife at the same time...it just can't happen. Either way, your setup isn't going to make enough power as is to make it worthwhile. The manifold and the turbo that i assume you're running are going to choke out before you break 425whp on pump gas anyway...
i wanna upgrade to atleast a full-race manifold and a better turbo....
but i just wanna try to atleast achieve the 450 if possible enter 500!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How do u sleeve and block guard a block lol this guy ...... Once sleeved no need for block guard ... If u want 450 hp sleeve block eagle rods forge pistons pnp head aftermarket valvtrain and no dsm injectors lol wit a precision or Garrett turbo kit u should b set
Old 04-22-2010, 02:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And a good tune u need a good fuel and engine management system hondata is the way to go
Old 04-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ELMSeg
How do u sleeve and block guard a block lol this guy ...... Once sleeved no need for block guard ... If u want 450 hp sleeve block eagle rods forge pistons pnp head aftermarket valvtrain and no dsm injectors lol wit a precision or Garrett turbo kit u should b set

yah bro my block is sleeved and there is a block guard!! no b.s!! and by reading my setup about my block its pretty good to achieve the goal im looking for minus the dsm and with a good tune!!
Old 04-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

when i got the block it has been sleeved but there was also a block guard on it...im not stupid i know what a block guard is. but idk why they put it on?? maybe for extra security idk im new to boost im usually n/a but thanks for everybodys input!! keep it comming
Old 04-23-2010, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

when i got the block it has been sleeved but there was also a block guard on it...im not stupid i know what a block guard is. but idk why they put it on?? maybe for extra security idk im new to boost im usually n/a but thanks for everybodys input!! keep it comming
It is physically impossible to put a block gaurd in a sleeved block. No matter what company does it the "block gaurd" is integrated into the sleeve itself.

Quick Reply: what numbers could i have with this setup???