Notices

What the fawk is a Hemi....????

Old 12-27-2004, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the fawk is a Hemi....????

I was coming home from work tonight and these rednecks in a 4x4 truck stop next to me at the light and they rev there engine and scream out "HEMI power bitch!"....and I just looked at them with a clues face and rev away and of course those bastards follow and I pop my blowoff valve and at the next light I scream back at them "Got Boost you bitches!"...

So is a Hemi a supercharger or some kind of forced induction thing or it's something else?

Modified by CivicEJ1 at 12:42 AM 12/28/2004
Old 12-27-2004, 09:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know you aren't serious...
Old 12-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What the fawk is a Hemi....???? (CivicEJ1)

Hemi is short for hemispherical heads. its basically a 40 year old dodge head design, honestly it means nothing, and has no advantage over any other head on any other pushrod v8. the word is popular because top fuel dag cars use hemi based heads.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:03 PM

Default Re: (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know you aren't serious...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm asian man...I'm cluess about it...
Old 12-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Kgb

ahahahahahhaha hemi was the superstar of muscle car engines back in the 60 and 70's they started using them again in dodge trucks 300c's and magnums its a 5,7 liter v8 they modernised it for todays world eg, if u are on the highway just crusing 4 out of 8 cylinders are shut off to save gas if u step on it all 8 of them come alive.

Ps there is also a comercial out ther where these 2 characters stop at lights and ask people " THAT THING GOT A HEMI".....
Old 12-27-2004, 09:06 PM

Default Re: What the fawk is a Hemi....???? (Boostage)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kgb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ahahahahahhaha hemi was the superstar of muscle car engines back in the 60 and 70's they started using them again in dodge trucks 300c's and magnums its a 5,7 liter v8 they modernised it for todays world eg, if u are on the highway just crusing 4 out of 8 cylinders are shut off to save gas if u step on it all 8 of them come alive.

Ps there is also a comercial out ther where these 2 characters stop at lights and ask people " THAT THING GOT A HEMI".....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I get it...
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What the fawk is a Hemi....???? (Kgb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kgb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ahahahahahhaha hemi was the superstar of muscle car engines back in the 60 and 70's they started using them again in dodge trucks 300c's and magnums its a 5,7 liter v8 they modernised it for todays world eg, if u are on the highway just crusing 4 out of 8 cylinders are shut off to save gas if u step on it all 8 of them come alive.

Ps there is also a comercial out ther where these 2 characters stop at lights and ask people " THAT THING GOT A HEMI".....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hemi is the head, not the whole engine, and what u just describe is power on demand. has nothing to do with it having hemi heads.

yep, the hemi is just short for what he described already. It is just a big *** truck with a big *** motor.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm still cluess...????</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok imagine a gsr head and a integra type r head. well the hemi is supposed to be like a type r head for dodge v8's but in reality its not. there isnt a real improvement, at least not on stock motors

Modified by Boostage at 8:42 AM 12/28/2004
Old 12-27-2004, 09:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hemi is the head, not the whole engine, and what u just describe is power on demand. has nothing to do with it having hemi heads.</TD></TR></TABLE>

RIght on, I did a report on the stuff. can't believe I can't come up with the correct term for it though. Just cuts fuel and I believe spark for milliseconds to 4 cylinders during cruising and decel.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hemi is short for hemispherical heads. its basically a 40 year old dodge head design, honestly it means nothing, and has no advantage over any other head on any other pushrod v8. the word is popular because top fuel dag cars use hemi based heads.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually hemispherical combustion chambers have been around since there have been engines with overhead valves. It is Dodge's marketing term for a hemispherical combustion chamber but many, many engines have them. It's a two-valve per cylinder engine which makes it inferior to anything (well, theoretically) with more than that. It reduces the number of parts required to build the engine but allows for larger valves than a wedge type combustion chamber. Four valve (or more) engines use a pent-roof combustion chamber design which was first introduced by Peugeot in 1914. The main disadvantage of the hemi is that it has a lot of surface area which causes a lot of heat to be lost during combustion and emissions to be higher. Dodge has countered this on the modern hemi by running two plugs per cylinder to shorten burn time in the combustion chamber. All in all, the best thing about the hemi is that it was such a great engine in the 60's that the name is stuck in everybodies mind so it sells cars for Dodge and that is really all the name is meant to do, it's a 'Buzzword'. If the 426 hemi never existed nobody would really care.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: What the fawk is a Hemi....???? (AutoEng2002Si)

the new hemis get shitty gas mileage too
Old 12-27-2004, 10:11 PM

Default Re: What the fawk is a Hemi....???? (wantboost)

You should have laughed in their faces, and asked them if <U>they</U> even knew what Hemi was.

In all reality, your Honda implements several of the features that are characteristic of a Hemi head such as the spark plug placement and the hemishperical shape of the head.

[backwoods accent]I dun der love hicks!![/backwoods accent]
Old 12-27-2004, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What the fawk is a Hemi....???? (Ibiza)

its a hemispherical cumbustion chamber.......just like a honda...and pretty much most all newer automobiles. They found out that if the make the cumbustion chamber a hemi shape, it gets a more complete burn on the air fuel mixture.

Rob
Old 12-27-2004, 10:33 PM

Default Re: What the fawk is a Hemi....???? (rjardy)

No suprise the rednecks of MN yelled this out
Old 12-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In the amount of time you made this post you could have searched for Hemi on google and found it.

Yager-
Old 12-27-2004, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What the fawk is a Hemi....???? (ImportHatch)

For some reason, lots of guys here "brag" and talk about their HEMI, also.. As if its the "vtec" of domestic...LOL ( overrated ) . I care less when they do. All i know is that I got BOOST!! then im ready to roll and FLY
Old 12-27-2004, 11:03 PM

Default Re: What the fawk is a Hemi....???? (synik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by synik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All i know is that I got BOOST!! then im ready to roll and FLY </TD></TR></TABLE>

Modified by CivicEJ1 at 12:15 AM 12/28/2004
Old 12-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Kgb

Default Re: What the fawk is a Hemi....???? (synik)

somebody should make a comercial with " THAT THING GOT A SNAIL" maybe Subaru or Mitsubishi
Old 12-27-2004, 11:10 PM

Default Re: What the fawk is a Hemi....???? (Ibiza)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ibiza &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You should have laughed in their faces, and asked them if <U>they</U> even knew what Hemi was.

In all reality, your Honda implements several of the features that are characteristic of a Hemi head such as the spark plug placement and the hemishperical shape of the head.

[backwoods accent]I dun der love hicks!![/backwoods accent] </TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you, just about all the posts after the original were just as funny.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:20 PM

Default Re: What the fawk is a Hemi....???? (Kgb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kgb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">somebody should make a comercial with " THAT THING GOT A SNAIL" maybe Subaru or Mitsubishi </TD></TR></TABLE>

Or better yet...."THAT THING GOT BOOST?"....psshh

Or the 2F2F style... "THAT THING GOT NAWS?"....pink & blue flames...ahaha
Old 12-28-2004, 12:28 AM

Default Re: What the fawk is a Hemi....???? (This One)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by This One &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thank you, just about all the posts after the original were just as funny.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, thank you
Old 12-28-2004, 01:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

arent out honda engine hemi's
cuz the heads are hemispherical and the spark plug is directely in the middle of the combushion chamber
Old 12-28-2004, 01:39 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hemi is short for hemispherical heads. its basically a 40 year old dodge head design, honestly it means nothing, and has no advantage over any other head on any other pushrod v8. the word is popular because top fuel dag cars use hemi based heads.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wrong

the hemi setup offers tons less cylinder shrouding, better flow, more complete combustion, great compatibility with boost (which explains it's top fuel use) and is cheaper to make than 'standard' ohv engines.

with such misinformation abound, i point you all to this article:

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0403phr_hemi/

a TT hemi would be nuts.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:43 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: What the fawk is a Hemi....???? (GLHS895)

04 members batting 76 for 9,836

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What the fawk is a Hemi....????