Notices

what the f*uck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what the f*uck?

what the expletive, where have all the ebay wastegates gone? i can't find any of them anywhere. A few months ago they were flooding the market, but now i can't even find one in the US for sale? WTH!?!?!?

I know SSAC got kicked off ebay, but what about turbo xs or xs power or what ever the expletive you call it?
Old 05-04-2007, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what the f*uck? (Whiteintegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Whiteintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I know SSAC got kicked off ebay, but what about turbo xs or xs power or what ever the expletive you call it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought they were all the same just different names.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Whiteintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> SSAC got kicked off ebay</TD></TR></TABLE>

o rly?
Old 05-04-2007, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: what the f*uck? (spectacle)

I was actually wondering that about the $70 FMIC's, there seems to be something going on here. THe same ones that were $70/shipped 2 months ago are at least $140 now, and there is definately a MUCH smaller selection in sizes. Its either a tiny 5" or a 12"+, 2.5" thick or 4" thick. I was sort of hoping to get the cheaper wastegates for some cheap complete kits I was going to make.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a knock off 38mm brand new that i never used, if any of you want it just pm me an offer. not trying to make this a F.S. thread or thread jack, just trying to help you guys out
Old 05-04-2007, 09:08 AM

wth is going on?
Old 05-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Whiteintegra)

I found another thread that pointed out ssautocrome the user is no longer registered there, but that it happens on occation then they come back.

If you actually go to their website (ssauto), you can find some of their stuff for cheaper than ebay, as they don't rape you on shipping. For whatever reason they have some items for 2x the cost of the same item on the same page.

BTW I've found posts about their 50mm WG, and that it works excellent after you mirror-polish the valve's shaft. Seems the mk3 supra owners like them. For $80 w/different springs, I may be looking into it too.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

who cares if the wastegates are gone...the only think that I would ever consider is the intercooler...
Old 05-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great news
Old 05-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what the f*uck? (alpha)

Hahahah there ARE people that really use that Taiwan CRAP? WOW
Old 05-04-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: what the f*uck? (DVC2007)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DVC2007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hahahah there ARE people that really use that Taiwan CRAP? WOW </TD></TR></TABLE>if they work, they work... nuff said
Old 05-04-2007, 04:19 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

E-bay is finally allowing the original vendors and manufacturers the access to protect their intellectual property, by giving them special privileges to pull ads. The manufacturers are simply tired of the knock off companies utilizing their reputation that took years to obtain, in order to gain more market share that would otherwise be given to the original vendor or maker. (Tial-"style", HKS-"style, Greddy-"style", etc.. take your pick.) E-bay is also tired of their reputation tarnished by being associated with junk, when the original purpose was to allow a different venue for legit business owners and manufacturers to sell their goods. The companies of Treadstone, and SSAutochrome (Stone Mountain racing), XS Power, etc.. are still in existance, since they sell their products on their own websites, but are no longer allowed to use E-bay as their main source of income, or venue for sales revenue.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: what the f*uck? (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">E-bay is finally allowing the original vendors and manufacturers the access to protect their intellectual property, by giving them special privileges to pull ads. The manufacturers are simply tired of the knock off companies utilizing their reputation that took years to obtain, in order to gain more market share that would otherwise be given to the original vendor or maker. (Tial-"style", HKS-"style, Greddy-"style", etc.. take your pick.) E-bay is also tired of their reputation tarnished by being associated with junk, when the original purpose was to allow a different venue for legit business owners and manufacturers to sell their goods. The companies of Treadstone, and SSAutochrome (Stone Mountain racing), XS Power, etc.. are still in existance, since they sell their products on their own websites, but are no longer allowed to use E-bay as their main source of income, or venue for sales revenue.</TD></TR></TABLE>

good. what people dont realize is that by not buying the knock-off parts, theyre going to make the good parts cheaper. w/e i dont know why i waste my time even thinking about any of this ****.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: what the f*uck? (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> E-bay is also tired of their reputation tarnished by being associated with junk, when the original purpose was to allow a different venue for legit business owners and manufacturers to sell their goods. </TD></TR></TABLE>wrong Ebay's original intent was to link sellers to buyers at a cost to the seller regardless of what they had to sell. If ebay was really concerned about their REP, they wouldn't keep allowing people to sell STOLEN **** on ebay. (close to 1bil of stolen **** is sold on ebay every year) Thats nothing compared to what SSAC make in revenue each year. Ebay dosen't give a expletive about who sells what. all they care about is the money the make off of EVERY SINGLE ****** SALE!!! The only reason why SSAC is no longer on ebay is b/c ebay was getting to much heat from TIAL, HKS, Greddy... ECT over a ******* description TAG!!! Just b/c SSAC uses "HKS style" or "Greddy style" dosent mean ****. If people want the real HKS or Greddy they will find it. The only reason why SSAC/XSpower use those tags is b/c those search tags return results. (same reason why they use JDM/b18 type r) Any Database programmer or buisness inclined individual will tell you that if they didn't do that they wouldn't make any money(im am both a programmer and VERY business inclined). SSAC is not leaching off anyone, they have their own separate product, separate price, and separate reputation

And btw, WHEN DID YOU BECOME A ****** REP FOR EBAY?
Old 05-04-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: what the f*uck? (pheurton-skeurto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pheurton-skeurto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

good. what people dont realize is that by not buying the knock-off parts, theyre going to make the good parts cheaper. w/e i dont know why i waste my time even thinking about any of this ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>Yeah, no **** sherlock. Its called a "competitive market" for a reason. If SSAC can still make revenues every quarter and get away with selling a VERY VERY similar product as the other guys, what does this tell you?!?! If you were smart it should tell you that the other guys are MARKING up prices. With all else being euqal and not taking logistical factors into consideration. At the price that some of these other guys are charging it would almost be impossible for a company like SSAC to compete right? well, wrong. not only does SSAC compete, they thrive b/c they outsource/buy parts from other places. I think SSAC's long term business model is WAYYY better than alot of the old-school Japaneese manufactures and US manufactures. The only problem that i see with SSAC is quality control. But if you guys know anything about "SIX SIGMA" you will quickly know that SSAC as a company is very well capable of handling quality control issues.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damm i should have stocked up on Tial knock off BOV's,wastegates and intercoolers Hopefully they are back soon as there shipping for Canada anyways was the best in the industry
Old 05-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Whiteintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, no **** sherlock. Its called a "competitive market" for a reason. If SSAC can still make revenues every quarter and get away with selling a VERY VERY similar product as the other guys, what does this tell you?!?! If you were smart it should tell you that the other guys are MARKING up prices. With all else being euqal and not taking logistical factors into consideration. At the price that some of these other guys are charging it would almost be impossible for a company like SSAC to compete right? well, wrong. not only does SSAC compete, they thrive b/c they outsource/buy parts from other places. I think SSAC's long term business model is WAYYY better than alot of the old-school Japaneese manufactures and US manufactures. The only problem that i see with SSAC is quality control. But if you guys know anything about "SIX SIGMA" you will quickly know that SSAC as a company is very well capable of handling quality control issues.</TD></TR></TABLE>

But what you don't realize is that these people are killing the good companies. Do you think SSAC has the ability to help innovate in the honda market? nope. So once TiAL decides the honda market is too flooded to turn a profit, and the other innovators leave, what happens? No innovation, no R&D, just a cheap copy of a dated design.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: what the f*uck? (ProjectDarkBlack)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProjectDarkBlack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But what you don't realize is that these people are killing the good companies. Do you think SSAC has the ability to help innovate in the honda market? nope. So once TiAL decides the honda market is too flooded to turn a profit, and the other innovators leave, what happens? No innovation, no R&D, just a cheap copy of a dated design.</TD></TR></TABLE>you say that as if your TIAL waste gate at 10psi isn't working? Is your TIAL at 10psi not enough innovation for you? Basic parts are basic parts. You cant keep re inventing when it comes to basic parts. a 3in mandrel bent exhaust will ALWAY be a 3in exhaust.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1920360

^^ Did you ever find the compressor map for that ebay turbo?

ProjectDarkBlack has a really good point.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:04 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Whiteintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you say that as if your TIAL waste gate at 10psi isn't working? Is your TIAL at 10psi not enough innovation for you? Basic parts are basic parts. You cant keep re inventing when it comes to basic parts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Um so what is the Synapse Wastegate that just came out.

What about quality of parts. People have ripped apart the SSAC wastegates posted pictures next to a Tial's. The diaphram looks like **** and isn't even braced well!
Old 05-05-2007, 09:03 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiteintegra
Yeah, no **** sherlock. Its called a "competitive market" for a reason. If SSAC can still make revenues every quarter and get away with selling a VERY VERY similar product as the other guys, what does this tell you?!?! If you were smart it should tell you that the other guys are MARKING up prices. With all else being euqal and not taking logistical factors into consideration. At the price that some of these other guys are charging it would almost be impossible for a company like SSAC to compete right? well, wrong. not only does SSAC compete, they thrive b/c they outsource/buy parts from other places. I think SSAC's long term business model is WAYYY better than alot of the old-school Japaneese manufactures and US manufactures. The only problem that i see with SSAC is quality control. But if you guys know anything about "SIX SIGMA" you will quickly know that SSAC as a company is very well capable of handling quality control issues.
We know a lot about six sigma here in the motor city. Simply because a company understands and are under six sigma doesn't mean that they always CHOOSE to use that protocol for every product. Since I don't work at SSAC, XS POWER, or similar companies or get involved in their manufacturing processes, I'm not pretending to know if they are following protocol or not. This is simply from a marketing and revenue standpoint, not lean manufacturing process or certification standpoint. I currently deal with several companies that have spoken with e-bay marketing in conference (this became an interesting topic in one of the AAPEX conferences), so that is how I am aware of what's been going on as of late. You speak as though you have a large financial investment in SSAC, is there an IPO that hasn't been released yet?

Business is business. If E-bay didn't have an interest invested in these particular reputations of many different companies, they would have simply ignored the requests of the original manufacturers to take these knock off companies products' down. There are plenty of legal implications that E-bay would have to be concerned with if they didn't respond to these particular warnings. It may not be immediate, but it would come up. So they decided to "nip it in the bud", so to speak. Without some sort of ethical and legal responsibility, E-bay would begin to stand out as one of the places that you avoid to purchase products, or to setup shop as a large company. I'm not talking about the individual, that is a separate matter altogether. (Unfortunately, for all of us that have had stuff stolen, it is VERY hard to prove, even when it is in front of the cop's noses.) Since e-bay doesn't require VIN numbers or other paperwork for the individual to sell their goods, and has nothing to do with intellectual property or patent laws, they have to let the seller sell their product.

In the end what does that mean? Growing numbers of legitimate larger businesses that normally would heavily invest in e-bay would start to think twice about e-bay as a tool for revenue. The result, E-bay would lose revenue. E-bay doesn't want to lose revenue, so they listened to the orginal manufacturers.

Listen, if you want to get the SSAC/XS POWER equipment, no one is stopping you. That is a right that you have as a consumer. You have every right to buy whatever it is you want to buy, no one is stopping you from doing that. Go to their individual sites, and purchase the products that you want at your leisure. You simply asked what happened to these companies on E-bay, and you were given an answer from people who had some information of what was going on with the situation. I don't see where more of this arguing is going.

GL, and Happy boosting...

Modified by TheShodan at 6:57 PM 5/5/2007
Old 05-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Whiteintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you say that as if your TIAL waste gate at 10psi isn't working? Is your TIAL at 10psi not enough innovation for you? Basic parts are basic parts. You cant keep re inventing when it comes to basic parts. a 3in mandrel bent exhaust will ALWAY be a 3in exhaust.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well if your happy with their product, then get it. But don't expect companies like SSAC to be pushing the envelope. Innovation is what will ultimately make modified hondas cheaper, better, and faster. You sound like some redneck that still thinks carburetors are better ha ha. So when some engineer figures out the fluid dynamics of a 3inch would be much better if it had a differen't surface texture than we sure as hell won't be putting one of those 3inch exhausts on our hondas. SSAC won't know how to copy it.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Whiteintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wrong Ebay's original intent was to link sellers to buyers at a cost to the seller regardless of what they had to sell. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I find it amusing that you are telling us that Ebay doesn't care who sells through them when clearly they cut out SSAC and similar companies such as this. It's like claiming that you didn't crash your car when you're standing next to it's mangled frame!?
Old 05-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what the f*uck? (SovXietday)

Ebay doesn't care...when their *** isn't on the line. Not only are many of the 'tial-style' and 'greddy-style' auctions going for $1.99+$99.99 s/h (with ebay getting very little), they are also getting heat from serious companies with serious lawyers. Private lawyers can do lots of pestering, Johnny District Attourney in Podunk, Alabama isn't going to be able to do **** to ebay regarding an 'alleged' stolen item. Whats sad is that the illegal stuff makes ebay money, as there's not as much inflated shipping charges, while the legally proudced, semi-illegally marketed knock-offs don't make them nearly as much due to 90% of the sale being the shipping they can't skim from.

A item isn't stolen legally till proven, and till then its technically fair game on ebay. And good luck tracking it down after the fact. But when people use trademarked names to represent knock-offs, there's an imediate issue. If you notice, the ones that are not knock-offs, or at least different enough, are still on ebay.

If someone can take a look at a bypass valve, take a few measurements, then produce AND sell them for a fraction of the cost, is that illegal? Whats illegal is to make & sell a copy of a pattented design, but adding small funtional differences bypasses that. If you notice, there are very small differences between the 38mm tial and all the other similar sized WG's. Most of it is to distiguish the brand.

This really is a loosing battle for both sides though. Either you have luck with ssauto, hate them cause you bought or sell the real stuff, or you have a stake in one of the companies involved. Nothing said here is going to change ANY of that.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:28 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Whiteintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you say that as if your TIAL waste gate at 10psi isn't working? Is your TIAL at 10psi not enough innovation for you? Basic parts are basic parts. You cant keep re inventing when it comes to basic parts. a 3in mandrel bent exhaust will ALWAY be a 3in exhaust.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i love this comment. there are hundreds of companies out there right now spending millions of dollars on R&D to improve existing "basic" parts. a wastegate is just a wastegate, but not if it works better than an SSAC wastegate. if basic parts were just basic parts and there was no dispute over quality or performance, then they would all cost the same (go read the Communist Mannafesto). have fun with your ebay setup. heres the real thing:

Quick Reply: what the f*uck?