Notices

What do your neighbors think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default What do your neighbors think?

so my car is open downpipe... and its really loud
i get home late at night (2-3am) on average and apparently 3 of my neighbors went and complained to the cops that i go too fast through the neighborhood when in actuality i do the speed limit... i guess it just sounds faster

i cant wait for the cop to come knock on my door :D
Old 12-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (wantboost)

get a muffler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (im kidding)

Old 12-28-2006, 06:12 PM
i HAS questions ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ricer!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get a muffler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (im kidding)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

What is that?

My neighbors are cows, I don't think they mind.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get a muffler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (im kidding)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have a full exhaust system... had to take it off to get emissioned.. ive just been too lazy to put it back on
Old 12-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

were cleaning the van last night.. and me and my dad are in the driveway sorting stuff, my car is parked in the back infront of the garage (the turbo one) and the neighbour comes over.. hes kinda weird we dont talk to him often, hes old. He has an electrical problem explains it to my dad, and my dad offers to fix it, grabs some tools, he asks me, wheres your car (as he looks around) my teg is parked beside the van, im like.. right there (point at the teg) hes like is that the one that goes fast, (hes got a stock 64 muscle something.. suposidly worth lots of cash.. original owner) and im like no, its back there (point at crx by garage) hes like oh **** youve got 2 now eh.. Then hes like, under his breath (god damn kids) and leaves.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:29 PM
B.
400 HP Club

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (HamiltonRex)

well my neighbor is a VW guy so needless to say we dont talk much.. Especially when i roasted him on the hyw once LOL.... nice guy though...
Old 12-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my neighbor thinks his stock 300zx tt is the fastest thing in the world. my other neighbor is a hasidic jew so i think he just plain hates me no matter what i drive.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mikeymcm)

My neighbors are useless. They have not complained about my cars yet, but they did call the cops on me numerous times for riding my quad and dirtbikes around the yard and feilds. And "yelled" at me a couple times for doing a burnout in my own driveway
Old 12-28-2006, 08:20 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so my car is open downpipe... and its really loud
i get home late at night (2-3am) on average and apparently 3 of my neighbors went and complained to the cops that i go too fast through the neighborhood when in actuality i do the speed limit... i guess it just sounds faster

i cant wait for the cop to come knock on my door :D</TD></TR></TABLE>

So put the exhaust back on!!! If you KNOW it is loud running open downpipe and coming home at 2-3 AM that is just plain rude and disrepectful. People have jobs and kids, maybe these people need to sleep and get up early. So show some respect, when I was younger YEAH I used to get on it everywhere I went, what a douche I was back then.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd say the neighbors have a right to be pissed if you come home in the middle of the night with no exhaust. I at least turn the car off and coast once I get into my neighborhood.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (Boostfed.com)

my neighbors hate my car, i do 20 in 40. just save me time from talking to cops
Old 12-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (qfast817)

The cops put a radar thing in my alley a few weeks after i got my turbo kit out on LOL.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I used to do the same but now its not funny when it happens to me! The stuff your doing will happen to you.. believe me.....

not only does that bother the crap out of me but when people come by and drive fast where they know children are around or its late and people are trying to sleep..

1 more thing its not kool to rev the **** out of your motor to come out his house to go to the runs. two guys across the street always do this then rev right past the house....if I were to catch them doen the street 1 day I will let them have a piece of my mind!
Old 12-28-2006, 09:17 PM

My neighbor always has talked about racing me in his BMW and M3, but my other neighbors are total douches.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ress887)

My neighbors love my car, they just hate hearing me bang in my garage sometimes, 3" exhaust and Magnaflow FTW, lol
Old 12-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My neighbors where i live dont complain too much, but when i tune cars over in my parents garage in their retirement gated community neighbor hood the neighbors get pissed. Even when i'm plain old working on my car during the day and not making noise. They've gotten 4 letters in the mail threatening court stuff ....apparantely doing anything on your car yourself is against their neighborhood rules
Old 12-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Open downpipe is ridiculously loud, put your exhaust back on.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My neighbor is a cop, and the guy across the street is a retired cop. They're both cool. The woman diagonal to me made a comment about my car when she was complaining about the flood light in my driveway. Something like "I don't really mind your car, but we're used to the darkness around here. Does it have to stay on all night?" Another woman yelled at me to slow down when I was gently accelerating to about 25 just a few houses up from mine. She was on her hands and knees picking weeds out of the cracks in her driveway. I backed up and explained to her that I wasn't speeding, but she didn't seem to believe me, then explained that there were kids playing and she almost hit one. She deserved to be called a stupid bitch, but she's my neighbor so I just drove off. Meanwhile, the neighborhood kids use the street as a go-cart and mini motorcycle track and turn around in my driveway. Anyway, if I'm passing by someone walking, or driving by a cop, even though I'm not speeding I always shift into a higher gear.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (Sprockets)

^ that sounds like my neighbors. i always slow down when people are out walking their dogs.

and ive been meaning to put my exhaust back on but havent had time... ive had sick grandparents to take care of.. i tried to do it today but i need to get some other things done as well
Old 12-29-2006, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i've been yelled at within my neighborhood by random people who tell me i'm speeding, when i'm putting along at 15mph. I even have a full exhaust. My neighbors don't really mind, I'm the young guy with no kids, so I think they are all mildly invious that I don't have kids and still have an expensive hobby. Although I did have one neighbor come out of her house and give a guy hell who towed his car to me to have it tuned. that was mildly funny.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is that?

My neighbors are cows, I don't think they mind. </TD></TR></TABLE>

same here
Old 12-29-2006, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (SPOOLINmatt)

Do you mean FAT Chicks or real Cows?

Yeah, I try to drive chill through my nieghborhood.

Lot's of old folks with like 2 Million dollar houses Lucky them
Old 12-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (juda7)

I don't believe in speeding within neighborhoods at all. But open exhaust is just fine if you don't drive like a crazy person and rev the **** out of the car. I hate neighbors that mistake loud exhaust for speeding though, it drives me crazy. Ecspecially the ones that bitch but they really speed through the neighborhood with their stock quiet cars and think nobody notices.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (Ntense90crxsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ntense90crxsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't believe in speeding within neighborhoods at all. But open exhaust is just fine if you don't drive like a crazy person and rev the **** out of the car. I hate neighbors that mistake loud exhaust for speeding though, it drives me crazy. Ecspecially the ones that bitch but they really speed through the neighborhood with their stock quiet cars and think nobody notices. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea... thats one of em... old dude in a ford crown vic.. he tows this little trailer and it stays sideways or will get up on one wheel
and i tailed him one day.... 45 through the neighborhood and he bitches at me for 25-30...

Quick Reply: What do your neighbors think?