Notices

What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What do you guys think?

I recently purchased a product from a group buy. I paid for the product by a money order that I shipped to the person who was running the group buy. The money order was recieved by this person. I then emailed them asking them if the product had been shipped yet, he said it would be very soon. About a week later I get an email saying that he had lost my money order. I luckily had the reciept from the money order, so I went to the post office to get another money order to send. However, they told me that another money order can't be issued until 60 days after the one that was lost. So I contacted the person running the group buy and asked if they could send the product (value under $200) and when I get the money from the post office I will send it. Right now I'm out of the cash with no product. I'm asking him to do the right thing and send the product. He believes that I should get another money order to send him, so I would be out of pocket double the price until I recieve the money back from the post office. What do you guys think? Thanks
Old 10-30-2002, 04:59 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What do you guys think? (sneakypete)

can you get your money back from the money order? if so I would say screw him get your money back and buy from someone else.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you guys think? (EVOCELICA)

Here's the thing: I can get my money back after the 60 days are up. I have to fill out some paper work for they can track to see if the money order has been cashed. I purchased the money oder on sept. 27 so its already been 30 days. This is what I'm asking him to do. Send me the product and when I get the money back from the post office I'll send that to him. I feel that I shouldn't be penalized for his mistake. He doesn't seem to trust me. He thinks if he sends me the product that I won't send him the money for it when I get it back from the post office.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:17 PM

You have to look at it in both cases. Even if he lost your money order, you can easily go and get your money back from the post office. He is doing this to project him. I understand your side. You sent him a money order, he lost it. Not your fault! If you want to do business with this person then just wait the 30 days and then get another money order and send it back to him. If not then just go buy it from somewhere else and then after the 30 days is up, goto the post office with your reciept and get your money back.

Old 10-30-2002, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you guys think? (ekb18c)

I have went to the post office, twice. The first time the manager wasn't there and the guy at the counter didn't know what the hell was going on. I have the form that I need and I've already filled it out. But the post office won't even take it until 60 days after the issue date of the money order. Which would be November 27. This just insn't a good business practice in my opinion. He loses the money order. I go to post office twice wait in line 30 minutes each time. I paid $17 to ship the money order next day air, and if I send another one just add $17 again, plus a stupid *** $5 processing fee from usps for the inquiry form for the lost money order. Also what happens if they tell me the money order has been cashed. Should I get screwed out of my money? Also the fact that I had planned on putting the turbo on my car. If he doesn't want to send the product then fine. I sit there and trust him by sending my money order for the product. Then when he makes the mistake, and I ask him if he can ship it anyways, "he says I'm protecting myself". Like I'm some type of scammer or something.
Old 10-30-2002, 11:29 PM
New User

Default Re: What do you guys think? (ekb18c)

get your money back. enuff said.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you guys think? (dlplayboy)

Thanks for you replies. The funny thing is this person is well respected at this site. That's why I'm surprised he won't send me the product then I could send him the money when I get it back from the post office. Help a fellow honda-tech memeber out.
Old 10-31-2002, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You had trust in him to send the money order first.

He needs to now have trust in you that you'd send another money order as soon as you can.

He should send you the product. He lost the money, not you.
Old 10-31-2002, 11:05 AM

Default Re: What do you guys think? (HybridKOOP)

He should send you the product. He lost the money, not you.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What if he agrees to only charge you half until you get your money back from the first money order..or if that's no good, how about you pay again in full but he discounts it by whatever the overnight charge is to send new money order?
Old 10-31-2002, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you guys think? (symba)

i would have him do the right thing, if he really wanted to help he probv would.
they can trace moeny orders though.
Old 10-31-2002, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you guys think? (itr206)

Thanks for all the replies.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well we resolved it. He's not going to send it. I'm just going have to wait until the end of the month to get my money back from the post office. Paul Vang gets a major two thumbs down in my book.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:30 PM

Thats bullshit dude. He lost the ****, his fault, hands down. You went out of your way to resolve the situation, he hasn't. Now you are getting fucked over becuase of his mistakes. If I was in his postion, i would honor the agreement, and take the risk, he fucked it up, not you. Sorry to hear this.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:36 PM

Hey does anyone know what the highest horse figure with supercharging or turbo charging is in the integra and honda civic world.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you guys think? (CzanSOHC)

CzanSOHC thanks for the support. This is the first time I've had a bad purchase on the internet. Atleast I'll get my money back. I better get my money back.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:50 PM

**** i wouldn't trust you either, you sound alittle sneaky
Old 11-03-2002, 09:57 PM

Default Re: What do you guys think?

Thats a bunch of BS if you ask me. How does he expect someone to wait 60 days for a product that they paid for already. He should be the one who waits. He lost the check, his fault. I would make sure to let others know about this sahdy business practice.
Old 11-03-2002, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you guys think? (Explicit_Edition)

Yeah, I'm shady....I'm very sorrry that I took his money and ran.

I've sold many, many things on honda-tech before and have had graditude returned back to me.

I told him that it was my fault that his payment was lost and I said I was sorry, but I assured him that I nor anybody else has cashed it.

I also assured him that I stay loyal to my customers and have always aimed to please, but I cannot send him that exhaust to protect me. He said that he would send me another check and take 10 bucks off for the trouble and I agreed. I would never think of ripping off anybody on H-T or anywhere else.

You can ask everybody here how I do my business practice. I aim to please. If not, I could have walked away with nearly $20,000 in sales form this site already.

Ask anyone here who owns a business and see if they'll send anybody they don't really know a product when technically the product was never paid for.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I believe I still have a right to hold the exhaust until it has been paid for. One big reason is that I have never met this man other than through this transaction, how am I supposed to know if he'll send me the money after he gets his product?

If you guys disagree with me then I will stop doing business here becuase my business actions are considered wrong.

[Modified by paul_vang, 11:44 PM 11/3/2002]
Old 11-04-2002, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you guys think? (paul_vang)

$20,000 in sales but you can't trust me with $140 (doesn't cost more than $70 in materials). Oh well I'm over this now. I got a 3 inch exhaust alright, right up my ***.
Old 11-04-2002, 04:58 PM

dude it happens to us all i almost got shafted buying a cai from this guy on da internet even though he had a good seller rating. i bought it in dec and didnt see it until feb because he never bothered to check his paypal account. >:-! but after 2 months of callin him everyday( thank god i have nationwide on my cell phone) i got my product.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you guys think? (paul_vang)

Paul gets two thumbs up from me. I have participated in two of his group buys and have been very satisfied with both purchases. I can understand sneakypete's point of view but as long as the check isn't cashed he can get his money back and won't be paying twice. to paul. You guys can trust him, there are plenty of others that will say this also. Sorry to hear about your situation, its kinda shitty but it will work out.
Old 11-04-2002, 06:42 PM

Default Re: What do you guys think? (racerxadam)

Paul rocks
Look, you trusted him enough to send him money in the first place and now you have to wait a little longer. You can monitor the MO to see if it is cashed and yes, it is an inconvenience. But now, after he loses your MO, you are demanding he send the product to you when he has no money in hand........basically changing the whole business transaction around??????? People aren't perfect and they make mistakes, it sucks, but Paul isn't gonna rip you off so quit your bitchin and wait.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you guys think? (Farnsrocket)

Ya, okay farnsrocket.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:55 PM

Quick Reply: What do you guys think?