Notices

what to do? h22 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Titanium Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what to do? h22 turbo

I have about $4000 that I would like to put towards boosting. Now I can go to my local tuner and he can build me a kit for a little over $4000 more like $4500 that would include everything except guages and it would include the tune. On the other hand I could go with drag kit that costs approx $3000, but then there's charges for installation, injectors and there's no kit that's a bolt-on...I forgot to mention I have a 92 Accord with the h22 swap, so the pipes would not fit correctly and I would have to pay for the tune. Peakboost also has a good kit for $2600 that doesn't include pipes, but that doesn't really matter since the pipes would have to be modified anyway, but then there's the other charges like I mentioned above. All in all both ways almost come up to the same price, going with a kit would be a little cheaper. Having my local tuner build up a kit has it's advantages like if anything goes wrong I can just go there to get it fixed, but the disadvantage is the waiting time, it would take at least a month, and it's a little more expensive. What to do what to do? DIY is not a part of the equation, since I'm kind of inexperienced, but the turbo I would probably go with is a t3 60-1. On stock internals I'm hoping to make approx 275hp. Any advice??
Old 06-30-2006, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Titanium Member

Default Re: what to do? h22 turbo (mozzandherb)

anyone...
Old 06-30-2006, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what to do? h22 turbo (mozzandherb)

If you have the equipment, ambition and/or experience - doing it yourself would be a great learning experience and $ saver. The shop prepared installation would have the potential to be geared morew closely to your particular needs and setup. If you go with the custom installation, check with other customers who have had their cars done at the shop (quality and customer satisfaction) and have all the details/pricing written up in full on a contract. If 880 injectors cost the same as 500s, get them. It can save you $ later if you look for more power. With the H22 275 whp shoul be available @ around 8 psi or so, depending on your setup. Research which engine mgmt. system you want to use, (price, features etc.).
Good luck!