Notices

What am I begining with??

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What am I begining with??

ok so my project came from an idea to reality yesterday when I bought a H23a block with a h22a vtec head to put in my 2002 accord coupe.

the swap won't be placed in my car until at least 1-1½ year or so. so I have a lot of time to work on it and get the best I can for evry parts.

I want to go turbo and do around 400whp on daily and a bit more on drag.

all the internal will be changed, and this is where I need your help.

first I know I have to sleeve that block even though it's a closed deck it may not support the power, and want something quite reliable, well as much as i can. I tought about Darton's sleeve cause I've heard about their good qualities in sleeving, if it is, can I get an oversized combustion chamber with them?? if I can wich kind of oversize can be good for power and let the strenght of the block?? and if overbored, can any good piston makers can make me some that will fit, like JE pistons (thinking about 10:1 cr)??

after that, what make of rod and crank will be good?? i'm thinking about cast iron forged crank to get some strengt there too.

ok so the bottom is finished, what am i doing to the head?? let the camshaft stock or go with skunk2 turbo camshaft? port and polish will be done of course!! but for the valve, should I stay stock or get stronger ones, or the stronger ones are only good for n/a setup??

now, tranny setup!! i'm thinking about a unorthodox 10pounds flywheel, but some say i'm gonna loose a lot of top speed?? will that extra power worth the lost of 15-20 kph?? for the clutch, wich one would be able to handle 400whp without being a race clutch, if it exist?? if not well, i'm gonna race evryday

the intake manifold, hmmm nah I will stop it there for now cause you'll hate me

btw, sorry if ther's a lot of question in the same topic, it's just that I can't post more than 5 per day so I try to make them posts as complete as i can!!