Notices

Water Injection Issues, Very Weird... Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Injection Issues, Very Weird... Help!

Hi Guys,

I got a really screwed up situation. I installed an aquamist water injection setup on my JRSCed B16A OBD1. I double checked everything and I know for a fact that everything is installed correctly... Anyway, before I installed the injection jet into my manifold the car was running smooth & normal. I then installed the jet and hooked up the liquid line, started the car up, and then it started running like ****... Very boggy and not smooth, also I could smell fuel coming out of the exhaust. I then checked the spark plugs, and on the 1st and 3rd cylinder I could see fuel on the tip of the plug (the 2nd & 4th were dry). I was pissed, so I removed the line from the jet, slapped some duck tape to the end of the nossel, started the car up, and it was fine and running normal. I started thinking, and purged some water through the system. I also filled the water tank to the top, plugged the line back into the nossel, and started the car up, and even sprayed some water through the system, but the result was the same (boggy and rough). Yesterday I disconnected the line, put some duck tape back on and drove the car all day... Any suggestions... this is the strangest thing I've ever seen... Thanks for the help guys! I hate to say this, but I'm getting to the "I wish I went Turbo" point. I love the SC but in the attempt to make more power, I'm creating more heat, and the injection setup seemed like my only option. Thanks again!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:25 AM
mos
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Water Injection Issues, Very Weird... Help! (JRSCB16ARipster)

Dial out some fuel on the afc? You were running richer than 10:1 before, what about now?

Run hotter plugs? What heat range is stock for your engine? Maybe try one step colder than stock. If you are two or more steps colder maybe its too much yo.

Smaller water jet? Does this 'kit' come with choices? Check your install again. Its supposed to only come on during boost right? Is it spraying all the time or what?

Did you check your ignition timing?

Old 07-21-2003, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi,

I'm trying to get the water injection setup installed and working before I go to the dyno. The problem is that when I connect the water injection hose to the manifold (no water is spaying until I hit 4 psi) my engine runs shitty. I'm running BKR7E plugs @ .032. Once I get this issue resolved I'll hit the dyno and adjust my fuel and timing... Thanks!
Old 07-21-2003, 10:09 AM
mos
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JRSCB16ARipster)

Its either leaking water before boost, or it is causing an air leak. If its set to only work after 4psi, then at idle it shouldn't matter if its connected or not.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:40 PM

Did you get the special inline valve? Under vacuum, the engine can siphon the fluid. That could be the problem. Yes I have the kit and it never gave me that problem. I have this valve however...
Old 07-21-2003, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is the water tank below the nozzle?
Old 07-22-2003, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi Guys... I'm using the windshield washer fluid tank for my supply, so that shouldn't be an issue, because it's below the nossel. You are rite KingDsi... I don't have the "1 bar check valve", that's listed on the JR instructions... I just sent an e-mail to the person that sold me the auqamist kit... I'll let you know if that solves the issue... I bet it will... Thanks again guys... I knew I installed everything correctly... It's always something really dumb that's screws me up. BTW the kit I purchased is from the Aquamist Co. not JR... It's the exact same setup except it's silver, and doesn't come with the "1 bar check valve".
Old 07-22-2003, 02:36 PM

Default Re: (JRSCB16ARipster)

Yep, I have the same one, exactly the same as the JR (They make them for JR) Saved $200. It works. Before I installed it I made sure I had everything from reading, found out I needed the valve. Only $15. Hope that solves your problem...